The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'm getting a week and a half.

3 weeks for Christmas. A week's half term in February. Only 2 weeks for Easter. :frown: And then a week's half term in May again.
Reply 6141
Original post by Cluck
Short answer? Yes. It's not Russell Group but it usually ranks well and is particularly good for some subjects, such as Engineering.
Thanks
Reply 6142
Has anyone else applied for the K+ programme at King's college?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Cluck
Cambridgeshire :colondollar:

Oh so you pretty much live near Cambridge? :smile:
Reply 6144
Original post by Princepieman
Yeah, they are the harder ones. No, A-Levels should suffice - unless you're so much of a masochist that you'd enjoy taking additional qualifications for the fun of it :tongue:

Muhaha, we get two weeks - I'm on holiday as we speak. I believe we get the same two weeks off in April as well. Not to mention study leave for prelims (mocks) :colone:

The 28th is when we come back and incidentally, my first day of work.

Thanks for all the info :smile:

(I'm super jealous of your holidays! :eek:)
I'm back from London! Thorpe Park was amazing! There were hardly any queues!

I went on the swarm, stealth (three times), nemesis, rush, saw (twice), colossus, tidal wave, detonator, vortex, storm surge, zodiac, quantum, logger's leap and rumba rapids!
I have noticed that my secondary school have finally put up the GCSE results breakdown and my year group let the school down badly 88%(-12%) got 5A*-C, 53%(-14%) got 5A*-C including English and Maths-2% didn't even get a single qualification, even though last year 100% got 5 GCSEs at Grade C.I can see why the school hesitated so long to put the results up because they look so bad compared to previous years.I'm pretty sure 53% drops below the national average for the school.If it wasn't for me the top scoring candidate would have only 10A*/A-5 got 10A*/A and I got 16A*/A(11A*s and 5As) showing my superiority.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6147
Is anybody here missing the neg button?
Original post by techno836
Is anybody here missing the neg button?

It's a stupid move :tongue:
I personally dont give a **** about rep so... Really doesnt affect me :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Obiejess
I personally dont give a **** about rep so... Really doesnt affect me :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, but you'll ask for French help lets say. If someone gives **** advice and it gets positives (but would have received many more negs) you'd know it was bad advice. But now, you only see green so think it's good and might follow it.
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Yes, but you'll ask for French help lets say. If someone gives **** advice and it gets positives (but would have received many more negs) you'd know it was bad advice. But now, you only see green so think it's good and might follow it.

I cant even see it because I pretty only use the app- people will just have to quote and say "I think this is inaccurate" or people could just use common sense and evaluate things for themselves
:teehee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6152
It's a stupid move :tongue:

I agree with this :yep:

however there was a point they mentioned in the thread they posted that i agreed with, can't quite remember it though,

tbh i don't use rep that much anyway :L
Original post by Obiejess
I cant even see it because I pretty only use the app- people will just have to quote and say "I think this is inaccurate" or people could just use common sense and evaluate things for themselves
:teehee:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same, but for users on the browser. Sometimes I go on the browser just to neg a really bad post.

Original post by techno836
I agree with this :yep:

however there was a point they mentioned in the thread they posted that i agreed with, can't quite remember it though,

tbh i don't use rep that much anyway :L

Meh, I don't use it a lot either. But it should exist!
Reply 6154
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
Oh so you pretty much live near Cambridge? :smile:

Pretty much.
Anyone else got the "So you want to go to Oxbridge? Tell me about a banana" book? (the title is something along those lines) Mine came today, I don't know if I'll apply to Oxbridge or not yet but the book will definitely help me in terms of getting myself ready to apply to Russell Group unis at least!
Just got back from a lecture at Cambridge :smile: It was fine, though nothing particularly spectacular :dontknow:

Original post by Pabblethefish
Anyone else got the "So you want to go to Oxbridge? Tell me about a banana" book? (the title is something along those lines) Mine came today, I don't know if I'll apply to Oxbridge or not yet but the book will definitely help me in terms of getting myself ready to apply to Russell Group unis at least!

I thought those things were pretty scammy :holmes:

Original post by Dalek1099
I have noticed that my secondary school have finally put up the GCSE results breakdown and my year group let the school down badly 88%(-12%) got 5A*-C, 53%(-14%) got 5A*-C including English and Maths-2% didn't even get a single qualification, even though last year 100% got 5 GCSEs at Grade C.I can see why the school hesitated so long to put the results up because they look so bad compared to previous years.I'm pretty sure 53% drops below the national average for the school.If it wasn't for me the top scoring candidate would have only 10A*/A-5 got 10A*/A and I got 16A*/A(11A*s and 5As) showing my superiority.

Congratulations, I've spun back around to thinking you're a troll :mmm:
Original post by MangoFreak
Just got back from a lecture at Cambridge :smile: It was fine, though nothing particularly spectacular :dontknow:

I thought those things were pretty scammy :holmes:

Congratulations, I've spun back around to thinking you're a troll :mmm:

Why?
I have quoted facts though:confused:
I thought a troll was someone who lied about things or exaggerated things for personal gain/laughter:confused:How is declaring facts arrogance:confused:If my school didn't have me the top scoring candidate would have 10A*/A.

Latest