The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College Medicine applicants 2014 entry

Scroll to see replies

Wow I'm joining a very bitter threat here....
Got 8A*s 1 A at GCSE
4As at A Level
778 at UKCAT
Hopefully I have a shot at interview, any idea when Kings start interviewing? I remember from somewhere Pearson release the UKCATs beginning of November so after that maybe?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by callummj6747
Wow I'm joining a very bitter threat here....
Got 8A*s 1 A at GCSE
4As at A Level
778 at UKCAT
Hopefully I have a shot at interview, any idea when Kings start interviewing? I remember from somewhere Pearson release the UKCATs beginning of November so after that maybe?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thread**

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tinuviel
If I am in the 10th decile, what does it mean?

You're in the top 10% :smile: what score did you get?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 223
[QUOTE='samTHE[real]man;44826273']You're right! I think applicants would be fine if they got just above 9th decile.

I am soooo confused about Kings I ve read on their website that they don't have a cut off point and I received an email from them saying that the UKCAT is only looked at in conjugation with PS and academic qualifications and I ve read somewhere else that on their open day they've told people just to apply if one has a score of over 600. On the other hand, everyone is saying that only the top 25% of UKCAT would be accepted and it seems like no one should even think about applying with a UKCAT score below 700. what does this all meaaaaan????I think I am loosing my mind. thanks for any answers by the way.
Original post by maurice21
I am soooo confused about Kings I ve read on their website that they don't have a cut off point and I received an email from them saying that the UKCAT is only looked at in conjugation with PS and academic qualifications and I ve read somewhere else that on their open day they've told people just to apply if one has a score of over 600. On the other hand, everyone is saying that only the top 25% of UKCAT would be accepted and it seems like no one should even think about applying with a UKCAT score below 700. what does this all meaaaaan????I think I am loosing my mind. thanks for any answers by the way.

Basically everyone with a UKCAT over 700 thinks of kings because they use the UKCAT, the higher the better, yes they look at other things but the majority of people they interview have a UKCAT 700+

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 225
does anyone know when king's start handing out interviews?
Original post by Sanika21
does anyone know when king's start handing out interviews?

I don't think they have the ukcat scores yet, but when they do it should be soon! That may just be wishful thinking though haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Flobie
I don't think they have the ukcat scores yet, but when they do it should be soon! That may just be wishful thinking though haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

First week of November I think they are released

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 228
Original post by Flobie

Posted from TSR Mobile

3030 overall and an average of 757.5
Original post by Tinuviel
3030 overall and an average of 757.5

That's great, well done :smile: I got 765, 3060 overall

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 230
Hi,

I've known people to start getting interviews early October last year and the year before, prior to the UKCAT scores being released to the universities.

Has anyone had an invitation for an interview yet?

Also does anyone have a clue as to what sort of UKCAT score kings are looking for this year?

:smile:
Reply 231
Original post by Flobie

32.22+44 7500 256575

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by shine101
Hi,

I've known people to start getting interviews early October last year and the year before, prior to the UKCAT scores being released to the universities.

Also does anyone have a clue as to what sort of UKCAT score kings are looking for this year?

Thats not funny :s-smilie:
Original post by shine101
Hi,

With the UKCAT average again going up, I can't see kings looking below 700, maybe even higher!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 234
i got 725 but 10A* at GCSE, FSMQ A, should i be worried about a ****ty ukcat???
Original post by ocelot92

No, because 725 is a great UKCAT and should be safe! Remember TSR always has stupidly high UKCAT!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by callummj6747
No, because 725 is a great UKCAT and should be safe! Remember TSR always has stupidly high UKCAT!

Posted from TSR Mobile

do u know how the sliding scale thing works with examination grades and ukcat? im really worried...
Original post by AlfredChin
do u know how the sliding scale thing works with examination grades and ukcat? im really worried...

Not really, all I know is they are very UKCAT and anything over 700 is in their ballpark

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 238
Original post by ocelot92

Lol! I got 720 and 10A*! I'm really worried :L just mathematically 30+ (increase in average this year) 695 (last years average for kings) is 725 ... So you should be fine :smile:

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
Reply 239
Original post by KanKan
Lol! I got 720 and 10A*! I'm really worried :L just mathematically 30+ (increase in average this year) 695 (last years average for kings) is 725 ... So you should be fine :smile:

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Do you mean that last year minimum average to King's was 695?
Or did you mean last year average to King's was 695?
As it makes a "little" difference :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest