The Student Room Group

Leicester Medical Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

I understand that Leicester interview prospective medics using Multiple Mini Interviews (MMI). I have no experience of this method ~ can anyone shine a light and provide some background/advice. Now the closing date for UCAS has past, does anyone know when (if I'm extremely lucky) when Leicester call the first group of candidates for interview?:afraid:
Reply 541
Any other 57s feel like an interview is a minute chance now the ukcat average shot up? I don:frown:
Original post by t()m
Any other 57s feel like an interview is a minute chance now the ukcat average shot up? I don:frown:

Meee :frown:
Thought I was the only one feeling this.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 543
Original post by MissJayySee

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I am so glad I applied to Sheffield and Cardiff where ukcat means not alot, sad about Leicester :frown: though. Hopefully it will be 57 again:P
Original post by t()m
Yeah I am so glad I applied to Sheffield and Cardiff where ukcat means not alot, sad about Leicester :frown: though. Hopefully it will be 57 again:P

I didn't know whether my PS was good enough for Sheffield so went for the UKCAT unis thinking mine was 'high' :facepalm:
I hope so too! :biggrin: Wishful thinking haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 545
I didn't know whether my PS was good enough for Sheffield so went for the UKCAT unis thinking mine was 'high' :facepalm:
I hope so too! :biggrin: Wishful thinking haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What was you score if you don't mind me asking? And I knew mine was above average but not amazing, so Leicester and st Andrews are my big users for it but St. Andrews look at everything and so Leicester was the best choice for me. I have gone for ever type of admission process.

Leicester ukcat mainly as most people score full academics
Cardiff mainly gcses
St. Andrews everything
Sheffield Ps mainly.

So hopefully one will pay off. Where else did you apply?
Original post by t()m
What was you score if you don't mind me asking? And I knew mine was above average but not amazing, so Leicester and st Andrews are my big users for it but St. Andrews look at everything and so Leicester was the best choice for me. I have gone for ever type of admission process.

Leicester ukcat mainly as most people score full academics
Cardiff mainly gcses
St. Andrews everything
Sheffield Ps mainly.

So hopefully one will pay off. Where else did you apply?

Not at all, I got 735 avg- which I thought was pretty good at the time. Yourself?

Wow that is a pretty good tactic to use, kudos to you :wink:
Hope you get at least one offer :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 547
Original post by t()m

Whats the UKCAT average for this year? (for both grads and school leavers)7
Thanks
I'm a second year medic here, if anyone has any questions about the course/leicester in general :smile:
Original post by Ama2007
Whats the UKCAT average for this year? (for both grads and school leavers)7
Thanks

Do you mean this years National avg.:confused:
If so here's the link::smile:
http://www.ukcat.ac.uk/App_Media/uploads/pdf/2013%20Testing%20Statistics.pdf
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 550
Original post by Nisha Noor
Do you mean this years National avg.:confused:
If so here's the link::smile:
http://www.ukcat.ac.uk/App_Media/uploads/pdf/2013%20Testing%20Statistics.pdf

cheers.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, a fellow 57 here. Becoming more anxious after seeing you guys worrying.....:afraid:.
Do you think that they are more likely to raise the cutoff this year??

Hope not and pray not to.......
Original post by Ama2007
cheers.

No worries:biggrin:
Reply 553
I won't be as helpful as some of the medics on here but I'm a first year at Leicester :smile:

So feel free to ask any questions if you want!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 554
Original post by Kirimin
I won't be as helpful as some of the medics on here but I'm a first year at Leicester :smile:

So feel free to ask any questions if you want!

Posted from TSR Mobile

what was the interview like?
and what's the 3.5km walk from the accommodation to the main campus like? haha :smile:
Hope you're enjoying it!
Reply 555
Original post by nicolaa
what was the interview like?
and what's the 3.5km walk from the accommodation to the main campus like? haha :smile:
Hope you're enjoying it!

Haha its going really well so far thanks!

I don't think I can really say much about the interview - it was challenging but still good. Just be yourself and be prepared for anything.

I've only walked it a couple of times, takes about 40mins at a leisurely pace but I got a bus pass so mainly use that. Its quite a nice, easy walk though :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nisha Noor
Hi, a fellow 57 here. Becoming more anxious after seeing you guys worrying.....:afraid:.
Do you think that they are more likely to raise the cutoff this year??

Hope not and pray not to.......

Hey! :smile:
Haha I think we should stop worrying about it and assuming the worst :tongue:
I have no idea but cutoffs do tend to rise don't they... I hope they don't! :erm:
And IF they do, then let's hope & pray our statements are good enough to make the cut!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey! :smile:
Haha I think we should stop worrying about it and assuming the worst :tongue:
I have no idea but cutoffs do tend to rise don't they... I hope they don't! :erm:
And IF they do, then let's hope & pray our statements are good enough to make the cut!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Very true:biggrin:
Lets let our trusted PS's (which I am sure most of us were obsessed with until sending the application and in some cases after sending it:colone:) to save the day! :tongue:
Anyone been called to interview yet?

Wouldn't ask, but i've seen other people on the Durham and Manchester thread saying they'd been called to interview and I'm wondering if anyone from Leicester has?

I was also wondering that if we are to be called to interview will that be posted on our UCAS track? Or do they only email/call us.

Thanks a lot!
Reply 559
Original post by MedicalMike
Anyone been called to interview yet?

Wouldn't ask, but i've seen other people on the Durham and Manchester thread saying they'd been called to interview and I'm wondering if anyone from Leicester has?

I was also wondering that if we are to be called to interview will that be posted on our UCAS track? Or do they only email/call us.

Thanks a lot!

Leicester will contact you by email and interviews don't show up on track ever really.

Watch them update this: http://www2.le.ac.uk/departments/msce/undergraduate/medicine/admissionsupdates They'll say when they're handing out interviews + offers.

In case it helps anyone, I had a score of 57. I was contacted by email on the 27/11/12 as an invitation to interview for the 25/02/13. Then I got an email on the 07/03/13 saying I had an offer. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending