The Student Room Group

2014 Medicine Re-Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BawanHama
haha after I thanked you I saw the post which you are referring to, and though "well, looks like even legends can be wrong" lol, but thanks anyway :biggrin:

:colondollar: haaa

No problem :smile:
Reply 2721
Original post by AAA_
I worked it out it said my place had been confirmed, but it meant my application had been confirmed. Still weird because the date was before i sent my application.

I had this too! Was it comfirmed at the university you had a place for yor back up option at last year?
Has anyone seen the UKCAT averages this year, they've gone up alot since last year.
2012:
http://www.ukcat.ac.uk/App_Media/uploads/pdf/2012%20Testing%20Statistics.pdf
http://www.ukcat.ac.uk/App_Media/uploads/pdf/2013%20Testing%20Statistics.pdf
I'm not as confident anymore.
Just got an unconditional offer from Southampton university for biomedical sciences. :biggrin:
Reply 2724
Original post by AAA_
I worked it out it said my place had been confirmed, but it meant my application had been confirmed. Still weird because the date was before i sent my application.

Same thing happened to me... it was a mistake
Reply 2725
Original post by AAA_
Has anyone else had response from any of their choices yet, because on my application it says my place at St. George's for Medicine has been confirmed. Which is strange because its quite early for a decision without an interview, and really weird because the date of the message is the 12th and my school didn't send my application with the reference attached till the 14th.

I hope it's not that UCAS just messed up, but i definitely don't want to think i've definitely got a place if it isn't the case.

Any opinions/thoughts?

yes from Newcastle but it was a glitch :frown: It was dated the 12th of August (odd because I didn't send off my UCAS until the 2nd of October)
Reply 2726
Original post by Kimina
Same thing happened to me... it was a mistake

Wow im glad this haooened to someone else is your message still there?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm not a re-applicant but I got an offer from Sheffield for Biomedical Sciences (Hopefully I won't have to accept it).
Just wondering, is it true that they hand out twice as many offers because they know that Biomed is the 5th choice for most people (my PS was all about medicine)?
Got a unconditional offer (well I have to send my A level certificates) for BM Sci an Newcastle!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2729
Original post by WannabeMedic123
I'm not a re-applicant but I got an offer from Sheffield for Biomedical Sciences (Hopefully I won't have to accept it).
Just wondering, is it true that they hand out twice as many offers because they know that Biomed is the 5th choice for most people (my PS was all about medicine)?

when did you apply?
Original post by Kimina
yes from Newcastle but it was a glitch :frown: It was dated the 12th of August (odd because I didn't send off my UCAS until the 2nd of October)

Mine had the same thing but from Bristol. It was very strange...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2731

Not sure about that. But I applied for biomed in Sheffield too! When did you get your offer and when did you apply if you don't mind asking!
Reply 2732
Original post by hl7495
Wow im glad this haooened to someone else is your message still there?

Posted from TSR Mobile

yep
Reply 2733
Guys, I was listening to Kevin Rudolf- "I made it" which got me a bit emotional LOL :tongue: hopefully we will all be singing it this time next year when on our way to...MEDICAL SCHOOL! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dr.Ugs
Guys, I was listening to Kevin Rudolf- "I made it" which got me a bit emotional LOL :tongue: hopefully we will all be singing it this time next year when on our way to...MEDICAL SCHOOL! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am disgusted in your choice of song
Reply 2735
Original post by ameelia22
I am disgusted in your choice of song

Lol my choice has changed since year 10 :tongue: I just still like the cheesiness of it haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2736

Hey congrats on the offer! When did you send your application off, if you don't mind me asking?
Original post by Singha12345
Sooo sorry if it's wrong thread but ...
any tips!

Yes - ask the mods to delete your posts in this thread, then repost in the right thread :wink:
Original post by Pastaferian
Yes - ask the mods to delete your posts in this thread, then repost in the right thread :wink:

Or you could have reported the post and we'd have moved it.
Reply 2739
Original post by Dr.Ugs

Posted from TSR Mobile

I hope we do too. The moment we get an email saying we have an unconditional offer will be all to emotional. :s:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending