FP1-3, M2-3 and S2=
Original post by techno836
what for :rolleyes:

3 hours and on a saturday what work of the devil is this :eek:
Reply 6182
Original post by L'Evil Fish
FP1-3, M2-3 and S2=

ah so you not doing D1 ? :frown:

i'm only doing AS so i'm just doing FP1, M2 and D1 :smile: and i'm enjoying them all so far :biggrin:

FP1 is doing my heading at the minute, just going through it too slowly :frown:
ah so you not doing D1 ? :frown:

i'm only doing AS so i'm just doing FP1, M2 and D1 :smile: and i'm enjoying them all so far :biggrin:

FP1 is doing my heading at the minute, just going through it too slowly :frown:

WJEC don't have Decision Modules.

Aaah, sounds okay!

I hate FP1, harder than the others :mmm:
My school is trying to tell people that to apply to Oxbridge you must do an epq, is that actually true?
what for :rolleyes:

'Unauthorized absence' apparently :rolleyes:
Original post by NinjaPandaa
My school is trying to tell people that to apply to Oxbridge you must do an epq, is that actually true?

Bull. I'm not.
Bull. I'm not.

ok thank god
ok thank god

It's not a bad thing to do, but it's not necessary by any means!
It's not a bad thing to do, but it's not necessary by any means!

I just think I wont have time for it if I'm doing 4A2s next year
I just think I wont have time for it if I'm doing 4A2s next year

Well you could do it over the summer. I wouldn't let that stop you, but...
Reply 6191

Compulsory for everyone at my college, but almost completely useless. Extra stuff like that can't hurt but is largely ignored.

Nope, it's interesting and shows evidence of wider reading, but there's no obligation at all! This from Cambridge's website:

'We welcome the introduction of the Extended Project and would encourage applicants to undertake one, as it will help to develop independent study and research skills, which will ease the transition from school/college to higher education. However, completion of an Extended Project won't be a requirement of any offer made.'
Hi guys

I decided to move to a grammar school 6th form in hopes to achieve better grades and better outcome of 6th form life. Yes I know its only the beginning of as level but im finding chemistry and biology quite difficult...in the mini topic tests we do I got a C in biology and an E in the chemistry to be honest I wasnt that worried because to me I know where I can improve and where I went wrong but however my parents are really worried and think that I won't achieve the best grades at a level and will completely come out with C's and D's are they overreacting? Or is it just me? In my opinion I feel like their comments have stressed me out I know I can achieve my potential but now after having a lecture from my parents im not so sure

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Cluck
Compulsory for everyone at my college, but almost completely useless. Extra stuff like that can't hurt but is largely ignored.

It's hardly useless. It's probably one of the more useful things you can do, but it's certainly not required for any university entry :biggrin:

ok thank god

Doesn't appeal to you then? :tongue:
Chemistry's so easy, it's so fun :ahee: I have a ridiculously fun teacher. He's a bit sexist, which is off putting, but that doesn't come up an awful lot.
I've been learning ancient Greek. It's pretty damn awesome.
πολυσπαστον - polyspaston - crane
ομοιοτελευτον - homoiteleuton - a literary feature, involving similar endings.
Λακεδαεμον - Lacedaemon - Sparta
Some of my favourite words :3
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Bude8
I've been learning ancient Greek. It's pretty damn awesome.
πολυσπαστον - polyspaston - crane
ομοιοτελευτον - homoiteleuton - a literary feature, involving similar endings.
Λακεδαεμον - Laecadaemon - Sparta
Some of my favourite words :3

I love Greek :ahee: I don't know enough of it.
Original post by simmy123
Hi guys

I decided to move to a grammar school 6th form in hopes to achieve better grades and better outcome of 6th form life. Yes I know its only the beginning of as level but im finding chemistry and biology quite difficult...in the mini topic tests we do I got a C in biology and an E in the chemistry to be honest I wasnt that worried because to me I know where I can improve and where I went wrong but however my parents are really worried and think that I won't achieve the best grades at a level and will completely come out with C's and D's are they overreacting? Or is it just me? In my opinion I feel like their comments have stressed me out I know I can achieve my potential but now after having a lecture from my parents im not so sure

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did poorly in my physics tests (U I think :tongue:) but I'm sure with a bit of revision I can get things up, if it wasn't for added pressure to improve I'd be fine. I don't find the work particularly hard, I just need to time manage to more effectively revise so it can all go in. It's still the first term yet, get into a proper time schedule and go over the topics you struggle with, I'm sure you can figure it out, I redid my math test and went from 30 to 80 something percent :biggrin: now to sort out physics... It's strange finding your best subjects hard.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6199
So far I have got in my tests:

C1 - C, was happy with that though as it was still 3rd highest, only one person scraped a B in the whole year!

Chem - B, once again quite pleased as most people came out with Us. Think I got 3rd highest again.

C2/M1 - Only did this test on the last day so no mark yet, but I found the M1 part went well, and C2 was a bit trickier.

Physics - Not done yet.

Latest