The Student Room Group

I'm Wonderful and I'm Single Society XX

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tcrumpen
receiving you 5 by 5 replied over

Yeah...I don't know what that means :tongue:
Do I respond by saying' okay 10 & 10 or something??? :lol: over XD

Original post by james1211
Really? Wow i'd never have guessed that. You're right though, sometimes they have the best conversations because they have nothing to hide and have experienced a very different life to the rest of us :biggrin:

There's a man sits outside WH Smiths every morning, he never asks for money or anything, he just asks for a conversation.

IKR! I wouldn't have either, its just not expected but goes to show such a thing can happen to anyone and you can get out of it anyway you want just got to want to I guess XD
Yes! Thats definitely it! Its great, I enjoy hearing of others experiences :biggrin:

Thats so cool, I think there's a guy I know like that, he must be sweet. There's this woman sits in the subway outside my nearest train station which is ages away from my house lol. But yeah she managed to get enough change one night and got herself a pizza ( I was on the last train) and as I came out she was like 'hey, you always talk to me and help come join me for a slice' i thought why not, ended up chatting with her till like 2 am I believe. She was so sweet and we had many laughs...she then said the nicest thing which made me want to cry (and I never get emotional trust me). She said' thanks for staying because I had such a nice chat with you that I forgot how cold I was on this winters night' I swear she is so so lovely. :smile:
Reply 1741
Original post by lucine.B

5 by 5 is a miltary term for hearing you loud and clear
Ah I see haha! I love cycling, I tend to cycle in the rural areas since its more fun and better for bmxing + mountain biking. Cool, yeah do you'll love cycling in London! There are great sites to see, and well its just really fun :smile: I've managed to cycle 58Km around London and I loved it! ...it was for charity though haha my recreational cycling distance is about 52km. Was a lovely day though and it involved a picnic which was even better :biggrin: ...yeah sure! I love giving advice lol Yeah I can help :smile:

I see you're counting down haha! Awesome, cool. Yeah, that's sounds ace! Hope you like it here :h: i love it obvs :rolleyes:
Haha, cool. Do they live in central London (which is probz the best part :tongue:). Thats good then at least you'll be able to get yourself around and I assume you're familiar with the tfl??? :cute:

Ah yeah, that does sound fun. :smile: I imagine I really would have liked it if I had cycled in Durham, cause there's so much easy-access countryside.

Oh, wow, so you really do cycle. >< My plan currently is to see if I can find anyone getting rid of an old bike - either through people I know, or keeping an eye on websites like freecycle, cause I figure in central London there have got to be unwanted bikes everywhere.

The house is in Camden, a few minutes walk from Chalk Farm station and the high street. So fairly central? :smile: Erm, tfl = Transport For London?
Reply 1743

IKR! I wouldn't have either, its just not expected but goes to show such a thing can happen to anyone and you can get out of it anyway you want just got to want to I guess XD
Yes! Thats definitely it! Its great, I enjoy hearing of others experiences :biggrin:

Thats so cool, I think there's a guy I know like that, he must be sweet. There's this woman sits in the subway outside my nearest train station which is ages away from my house lol. But yeah she managed to get enough change one night and got herself a pizza ( I was on the last train) and as I came out she was like 'hey, you always talk to me and help come join me for a slice' i thought why not, ended up chatting with her till like 2 am I believe. She was so sweet and we had many laughs...she then said the nicest thing which made me want to cry (and I never get emotional trust me). She said' thanks for staying because I had such a nice chat with you that I forgot how cold I was on this winters night' I swear she is so so lovely. :smile:

Aw that's so sweet. I wish i knew if there was somewhere i could get involved to help people out. It feels good to help someone who needs help more than me. I think it's nice that you stop and talk with them :smile:

On a different note, how the heck do you manage to play so many instruments!! I can barely learn to play one :tongue: You're most certainly a busy girl haha
Awww babe, want me to read you a bed time story??? Or play some heavy metal so you stay awake??? :tongue:
Get some water in your system :smile:

Can't wait for my lie in, hopefully 11-9 :smile:
Drinking as we speak
Reply 1745
I've had three hours sleep in the last 48 hours :|
5 by 5 is a miltary term for hearing you loud and clear

Ah I thought so :tongue:
I've only ever done cadets so i don't think we use this even in combat training...Hmm I may be wrong tbh.

Same here! But I'm able to function on very little sleep...not sure how that'll do for me int he future. XD

Original post by lauraaaaa
Can't wait for my lie in, hopefully 11-9 :smile:
Drinking as we speak

Haha aww that's nice. Like i said I don't like lie ins. :smile:
Good good, hows the night going??? I really want to kill myself because of all this work i feel dead :/

I've had 17 in the past 96 :frown:
Reply 1749
Ah I thought so :tongue:
I've only ever done cadets so i don't think we use this even in combat training...Hmm I may be wrong tbh.

Still no email back yet :tongue:
Reply 1750
Same here! But I'm able to function on very little sleep...not sure how that'll do for me int he future. XD

I wish i could. I went to sleep at three, woke up at six then went to work till 5 haha. So painful.

Original post by DivinityA
I've had 17 in the past 96 :frown:

Jeez dude, any reason? Are you insomniac? I used to have trouble and now i've developed a technique. I put soft earbud headphones on and a talk show and have it on the lowest volume. Seems to make me nod off.
I've had an extremely stressful week. Full of work, had a bad bit of news about my ex, and just generally worried about things. I tend top really worry a lot about things and it just stressed me out this week. Not sure if I should consider seeing my GP about it.
Haha aww that's nice. Like i said I don't like lie ins. :smile:
Good good, hows the night going??? I really want to kill myself because of all this work i feel dead :/

I have loads as well but I'm far too exhausted tonight. I'm gonna go to bed reeally soon. Whether I like lie ins or not, I'm needing them every weekend this year!
Reply 1753
Original post by DivinityA
I've had an extremely stressful week. Full of work, had a bad bit of news about my ex, and just generally worried about things. I tend top really worry a lot about things and it just stressed me out this week. Not sure if I should consider seeing my GP about it.

I always wonder if i should see my GP about stress. But i always assume he'll just sit there and laugh because he might think it's not important.

Stress is the worst.
Indeed. Not just that though, as mentioned I seem to worry about things really easily. dunno if that would justify me visiting though..
Reply 1755
Maybe you're just a natural worrier. I'm like that. Do you tend to overthink things?
Original post by Helioghost
Ah yeah, that does sound fun. :smile: I imagine I really would have liked it if I had cycled in Durham, cause there's so much easy-access countryside.

Oh, wow, so you really do cycle. >< My plan currently is to see if I can find anyone getting rid of an old bike - either through people I know, or keeping an eye on websites like freecycle, cause I figure in central London there have got to be unwanted bikes everywhere.

The house is in Camden, a few minutes walk from Chalk Farm station and the high street. So fairly central? :smile: Erm, tfl = Transport For London?

It really is, London is such a big place and its great to explore especially via things like cycling :smile: Oh that sounds great! I enjoy country-side but I'm a city gal :grin:

Yeah lol, though I haven't in a while :tongue: Since sixth form started back again so will have to soon! Cool that's a good way, never even heard of that website but will be sure to look at it from now on XD Yeah I think there are quite a few actually so you're bound to find one :smile:

I love Camden! I'm there all the time though I hang out in Chelsea more haha. I've just had an interview for a job in Camden town and its perf, a shoe shop so definitely my kind of thing :biggrin: Its pretty central, easy transport to the dead centre of London so yeah.
Haha yeah :smile:
Original post by lauraaaaa
I have loads as well but I'm far too exhausted tonight. I'm gonna go to bed reeally soon. Whether I like lie ins or not, I'm needing them every weekend this year!

Aww same! Actually no I'm slightly energetic but in no mood to do work or may actually kill myself...
So soon??? Ah ok. Hows the week been going then??? Feeling any better??? Y'know with everything...

I wish i could. I went to sleep at three, woke up at six then went to work till 5 haha. So painful.

Jeez dude, any reason? Are you insomniac? I used to have trouble and now I've developed a technique. I put soft ear bud headphones on and a talk show and have it on the lowest volume. Seems to make me nod off.

That is exactly what I've been doing everyday since school started! Scratch since year 10 actually...Have just gotten used to little/no sleep tbh. All of last week I've been going to bed at like 5am only to wake up and 6:30/7.

Still no email back yet :tongue:

Sozzums, I'm here there and everywhere atm haha

Aw that's so sweet. I wish i knew if there was somewhere i could get involved to help people out. It feels good to help someone who needs help more than me. I think it's nice that you stop and talk with them :smile:

On a different note, how the heck do you manage to play so many instruments!! I can barely learn to play one :tongue: You're most certainly a busy girl haha

Haha Ikr. :smile: I'm sure there are plenty you just got to look really, maybe Google it??? You may find some websites that way um...yeah just look around and ask around maybe your SU can help or something.
Its of you to do the same! I just empathize a lot ( I truly believe a major problem with the world today is that we do not empathize its like we refuse to understand how the other is feeling etc.) I just think if I was in that position, I'd like someone to treat me like a human being, have a chat & help me a little. I think as mankind its kind of our duty to at least try to be selfless. And well I just have this inbuilt thing to help people...can't not do it.

Hahaha! I've been playing instruments since I was 6 :tongue: so basically just moved on from one to the other, I just love music as I've said many times and I love all time and all sounds so I just developed a love to understand all sounds etc. so kept picking up instrument after instrument hehe. :colondollar:
Oh yeah I remember your quote from last time...there's actually a documentary on Channel 4 this Sunday at 8pm to find out whether or not Bigfoot is real!
Sorry for the rambling :lol: :blushing:
Maybe you're just a natural worrier. I'm like that. Do you tend to overthink things?

Nah not overthinking. I think I just have a pessimistic viewpoint, I always worry about things and always thing of the worst possible outcome. It is when I'm stressed that I get like that.

Otherwise, I'm perfectly fine about things, positive as ever.
Aww same! Actually no I'm slightly energetic but in no mood to do work or may actually kill myself...
So soon??? Ah ok. Hows the week been going then??? Feeling any better??? Y'know with everything...

Yeah I'm absolutely knackered. Idk I'm too tired to have any emotions hah

Quick Reply

Latest