The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
:hugs: Glad it went OK - nothing wrong with a good cry. I was on Sertraline for ages and it had a very positive impact for me - I hope it does the same for you too :smile:

Did you ever get nauseous on it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8821
Original post by PonchoKid
not doing well at all tonight :bawling:

Oh hun. :hugs:
It won't last I promise! Always here for you.
Reply 8822
Original post by james1211
Is it a bad thing that i'm upset about something but I don't know what it is?

Of course it's not a bad thing. I get this- usually when I'm most tired. How you coping right now? :hugs:
Reply 8823
Feeling lonely.

Always here. :colondollar:
Reply 8824
Original post by Gemmer_
Of course it's not a bad thing. I get this- usually when I'm most tired. How you coping right now? :hugs:

Original post by Gemmer_
Always here. :colondollar:

I'm coping alright, it's maybe one day a week where i feel pretty bad then the rest i feel fine. I'm hoping nothing happens to set me back from the progress i've made.

Aww i appreciate it :smile: How come you had to make a new account??
Reply 8825
I'm coping alright, it's maybe one day a week where i feel pretty bad then the rest i feel fine. I'm hoping nothing happens to set me back from the progress i've made.

Aww i appreciate it :smile: How come you had to make a new account??

Aw- I have good and bad periods everyday. Mostly bad. :frown: But I'm glad to hear you're doing alright at the moment. Yeah, let's hope!
You're welcome. I did inbox you back, it was because my old account(along with my other social networking sites) all got hacked into it. :s-smilie:
Reply 8826
Original post by Gemmer_
Aw- I have good and bad periods everyday. Mostly bad. :frown: But I'm glad to hear you're doing alright at the moment. Yeah, let's hope!
You're welcome. I did inbox you back, it was because my old account(along with my other social networking sites) all got hacked into it. :s-smilie:

Good to hear you have good periods every day :smile: those are the times to look forward too when it dips down.

Oh honey i don't have your reply in my inbox :s-smilie: I would have got back to you. That's not cool :frown: do you think it might be somebody you know?
Reply 8827
Good to hear you have good periods every day :smile: those are the times to look forward too when it dips down.

Oh honey i don't have your reply in my inbox :s-smilie: I would have got back to you. That's not cool :frown: do you think it might be somebody you know?

That's a good idea, you should look forward to the good time because they are only a short time away!! :hugs:
Oh- that's strange. I'm sorry.
I honestly have no idea. :cry:
Reply 8828
Original post by Gemmer_
That's a good idea, you should look forward to the good time because they are only a short time away!! :hugs:
Oh- that's strange. I'm sorry.
I honestly have no idea. :cry:

It's not your fault :smile: i'm going to sleep soon because i've been awake for so long :laugh: but if you ever fancy a chat i love answering PMs so feel free :biggrin:

Good night!
Reply 8829
It's not your fault :smile: i'm going to sleep soon because i've been awake for so long :laugh: but if you ever fancy a chat i love answering PMs so feel free :biggrin:

Good night!

Oh tell me about it. I'm exhausted. :cry: sleep well, I'll message you soon! Goodnight. :hugs:
Lying in bed trying to sleep and all I can't take my brain away from thoughts of hurting and planning what would happen. Had to get up and edit my music collection because I am never going to sleep lying down in the dark thinking.
Reply 8831
don't know what the **** to do. get so bored on my own, but other people always say ****ing triggering **** and I cant handle it and then have flashbacks and I don't know what to do. I cant have flashbacks around people anymore and I don't want to sit on my own forever. and so what is the other option? urgh. this happened yesterday and I thought it was an overreaction to a one-off trigger but then happened again today. this is such bull****.
Original post by asdfgah
don't know what the **** to do. get so bored on my own, but other people always say ****ing triggering **** and I cant handle it and then have flashbacks and I don't know what to do. I cant have flashbacks around people anymore and I don't want to sit on my own forever. and so what is the other option? urgh. this happened yesterday and I thought it was an overreaction to a one-off trigger but then happened again today. this is such bull****.

:hugs: When they are talking about stuff, i guess they don't intend to trigger you but do it by accident and they don't realise?

If you don't want to be alone but don't want to be triggered, you could ask people discreetly if they could not talk about certain stuff because of any reasons you wanna give them, probably best to be truthful tho.

I admit i would also be scared to do that, so you could just try and hang out with people who have similar problems to you so probably aren't going to talk about anything triggering, since they know what its like.

I'm just throwing ideas to try and help, i know how horrible it can be to try and go out with friends but then you see or hear something triggering and it just ruins your night in an instant...at least that's whats happened to me a lot anyway, i hope you can find something to help :hugs:
Just watched an episode of 999 whats your emergancy deffo shouldnt have watched it when feeling so **** :sad:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PonchoKid
Just watched an episode of 999 whats your emergancy deffo shouldnt have watched it when feeling so **** :sad:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Watch something funny? It helps.
Just spent 50 minutes slalom-ing around an empty car park on my bike, just thinking everything through.
Considering arranging an appointment with GP, it's just hard to tell whether this is depression or just sadness, trying to think it through :s-smilie: Scared though that I'll go to the GP and I won't have depression - as then it's nothing but my own fault for being like this, if that makes sense? I know that that's a stupid thing to think because if I don't then obviously it's a hugely good thing, but yes :s-smilie: Realising it's a stupid thing to think that even more :s-smilie: Ignore me, maybe. Just confused. Or something. Blah. Tell me if I'm being stupid, please, too.
Time for bed I think, just feeling worse and worse sat here.
Apologies for my ramblings
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by purple-duck
Just spent 50 minutes slalom-ing around an empty car park on my bike, just thinking everything through.
Considering arranging an appointment with GP, it's just hard to tell whether this is depression or just sadness, trying to think it through :s-smilie: Scared though that I'll go to the GP and I won't have depression - as then it's nothing but my own fault for being like this, if that makes sense? I know that that's a stupid thing to think because if I don't then obviously it's a hugely good thing, but yes :s-smilie: Realising it's a stupid thing to think that even more :s-smilie: Ignore me, maybe. Just confused. Or something. Blah. Tell me if I'm being stupid, please, too.
Time for bed I think, just feeling worse and worse sat here.
Apologies for my ramblings

Be it depression or not, it is affecting your mental health by the sounds of it, so i would see your GP. It may be scary, but they are there to help you when you get sick, even if you are just sick with worry :tongue:

From my experience with multiple GPs (about 3), if you mention that you feel depressed, they will likely give you this form to fill in, either there or in a week's time. This form asks you questions, and you rate from 1-5 how severely each thing affects you. I hope that makes sense? Anyways, "scoring" high means you're in a bad place, and should get a lot of help, but lower "scores" mean that it wont be as hard to get better. That should at least give you a vague idea of where you're at. I hope this helps :smile:
Don't know if it's silly for me to, in the first year of uni, be considering looking at different corses that may have a lower workload for me and be a bit more practical in terms of employment... :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kindred
Don't know if it's silly for me to, in the first year of uni, be considering looking at different corses that may have a lower workload for me and be a bit more practical in terms of employment... :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

What course are you doing at the moment?
for some reason this thread won't let me read posts half the time atm :s-smilie:

badly in need of a haircut...woo self care fails :frown: sigh, going this morning finally, just hope the barbers I know is open!

Latest