The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Uni of Manchester Freshers 2014-15

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AquisM
Congrats to all offer holders so far! And good luck to those who are still waiting! :biggrin: Got an offer from Manchester for Chemical Engineering. :biggrin: Anyone else?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Omg congratulations! :biggrin: I'm applying for ChemEng too and if I get an offer, Manchester would be my first choice! Did you not have an interview or anything?

Posted from TSR Mobile
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 121
Original post by WannaGetAnA
Wow - 3 A*s?!?! That's amazing! What subjects did you take? Also, did you apply to oxbridge?

yup applied to Oxford...dunno how that's gonna turn out :/
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 122
Original post by x-Sophie-x
Omg congratulations! :biggrin: I'm applying for ChemEng too and if I get an offer, Manchester would be my first choice! Did you not have an interview or anything?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! It was quite a shock! :biggrin: No I didn't have an interview, probably because I'm international. Which course did you apply to? I applied to the Study in Europe one. Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AquisM
Thanks! It was quite a shock! :biggrin: No I didn't have an interview, probably because I'm international. Which course did you apply to? I applied to the Study in Europe one. Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's amazing! :biggrin:
Ah, I see I wish I was an international student so I could skip the interviews!
I'm applying for MEng ChemEng with Industrial Experience :smile:
Thank you! xD
I got an invitation for an MPhys interview and visit this morning :smile:

Just wondering, what should I wear to interview? I'm a boy by the way (not sure if this is indicated by my profile as I'm new here).

Also, is it true what I'm reading about being given an interview for physics meaning that it's very likely I'll get an offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mjmmwoohoo
I got an invitation for an MPhys interview and visit this morning :smile:

Just wondering, what should I wear to interview? I'm a boy by the way (not sure if this is indicated by my profile as I'm new here).

Also, is it true what I'm reading about being given an interview for physics meaning that it's very likely I'll get an offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations! Is Manchester your first choice?

Go smart, but there's no need for a full on suit. Formal trousers + shirt + jumper perhaps?

Yes, it's very likely that you'll get an offer, but you do still need to take it seriously.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MissAF01
yup applied to Oxford...dunno how that's gonna turn out :/

Hopefully you get in! Good luck :smile:
Reply 127
Just got an offer this morning, 3 days after sending off my application! ABB to study History of Art, so happy!
Reply 128
Hopefully you get in! Good luck :smile:

Thanks a bunch! Are you applying to Oxbridge too???
Reply 129
Original post by jdbyrne
Just got an offer this morning, 3 days after sending off my application! ABB to study History of Art, so happy!

CONGRATS!! :smile: ive applied for Law at UoM, just saw ucas 'track' and it says that the uni is reviewing my application!!! So excited, hope I can secure an offer!! :smile:
Original post by Origami Bullets
Congratulations! Is Manchester your first choice?

Go smart, but there's no need for a full on suit. Formal trousers + shirt + jumper perhaps?

Yes, it's very likely that you'll get an offer, but you do still need to take it seriously.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've also applied for Cambridge, Imperial, Sheffield and Liverpool but I do really fancy Manchester.

Okay, thank you.
Reply 131
Hi I sent off my application on the 3rd October but haven't yet received even an acknowledgement email or any signs that they have my application. It's kind of weird because all the other unis I have applied to got back to me (Oxford, Edinburgh, Durham and Bristol) and I have already received an offer (Bristol). I'm really worried because on their website they say they send login details for people applying to go to their website or whatever within three days ggaaaaah

I am applying to do English Lit but have heard not even a whisper from them aka I am doomed. Should I contact them or are the English department normally this slow?
Thank you!
Reply 132
Original post by aliakhan
CONGRATS!! :smile: ive applied for Law at UoM, just saw ucas 'track' and it says that the uni is reviewing my application!!! So excited, hope I can secure an offer!! :smile:

Ahh I hope you do, it's so exciting! What did you get at AS? I got AAC and am predicted AAA so I wasn't really too worried about getting in :smile:
Reply 133
Original post by x-Sophie-x
It's amazing! :biggrin:
Ah, I see I wish I was an international student so I could skip the interviews!
I'm applying for MEng ChemEng with Industrial Experience :smile:
Thank you! xD

Haha You wouldn't wish you were international if you got my tuition fees. :biggrin:
Original post by AquisM
Haha You wouldn't wish you were international if you got my tuition fees. :biggrin:

Very true! >.<

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 135
Original post by jdbyrne
Ahh I hope you do, it's so exciting! What did you get at AS? I got AAC and am predicted AAA so I wasn't really too worried about getting in :smile:

I got an A in English Literature (full marks ) A in Law (93%) and a B in Psychology (1 ums off an A) !!! :'(

My predictions for A2 are A*AA so im not really worried either XD xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
HI!

I sent my application ( politics and international relations ) the last week but I haven´t got any answer yet. I am international therefore It probably lasts a little bit longer.

I am so excited but I need to know it !!! :biggrin:
Original post by MissAF01
Thanks a bunch! Are you applying to Oxbridge too???

Yeah, Cambridge - I know I won't get in, but I thought I might as well apply :smile:
Reply 138
Original post by aliakhan
I got an A in English Literature (full marks ) A in Law (93%) and a B in Psychology (1 ums off an A) !!! :'(

My predictions for A2 are A*AA so im not really worried either XD xx

Ah wow you should definitely get in! I got 2 As then a C in history after getting As in class all year because I misread the dates on the question! But I am determined to get an A in my retake :^_^:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 139
Yeah, Cambridge - I know I won't get in, but I thought I might as well apply :smile:

lol same case with me! let's see we might both get in,who knows!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending