The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

My anxiety is becoming so bad that I can't tell between reality and what's just in my head. I have all these symptoms, anxiety from when I wake up until when I go to sleep, it's horrible :frown:
Original post by DavidYorkshireFTW
My anxiety is becoming so bad that I can't tell between reality and what's just in my head. I have all these symptoms, anxiety from when I wake up until when I go to sleep, it's horrible :frown:

:hugs:
Are you getting out the house regularly? just because I've found that getting out the house, even just a walk around the block or something, can really lift your mood. when I've been stuck inside for a few days my mood really drops.

what kinda help are you getting atm? any kind of therapy or meds? :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Meaty_man
Are you getting out the house regularly? just because I've found that getting out the house, even just a walk around the block or something, can really lift your mood. when I've been stuck inside for a few days my mood really drops.

what kinda help are you getting atm? any kind of therapy or meds? :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I can panic and have chest pain when I go out :frown: I do get out on a daily basis though :smile:

Beta-blockers, and have an appointment about getting CBT on Tuesday.

It's like a weird. I get really down with anxiety for hours or days, then feel fine for a bit but then it goes down hill again, don't know what to do :frown:
Original post by james1211
I've never figured out why. Is there a part of each day where you forget all about the issues? Between 11am and 4pm for me seem far more manageable than other hours.

If there's a time where you feel ok each day then I find when it's late at night you can always remind yourself of that good time of day and how it's closer and closer :smile:

There isn't really a time where I feel okay at the moment. :frown: Glad it works for you though! :smile: We all have to find little tricks to help. :yep:

Feeling so low. :cry2:
Reply 8884
Original post by tasha96
There isn't really a time where I feel okay at the moment. :frown: Glad it works for you though! :smile: We all have to find little tricks to help. :yep:

Feeling so low. :cry2:

:jumphug: Yeah, it's the little tricks that work. Sometimes it can be distraction, sometimes It can just be a certain person.

You will feel better in time, it's just hard to see right now :smile:
so scared to even go down stairs :s-smilie:

urgh, such a pathetic excuse for a human being :frown:
Original post by PonchoKid

no you're not :hugs: you are lovely, you were just given one of the many short straws and have to deal with it. sucks how so many people have it easy but that's how it goes :jumping:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Meaty_man
no you're not :hugs: you are lovely, you were just given one of the many short straws and have to deal with it. sucks how so many people have it easy but that's how it goes :jumping:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am pathetic, i know i am :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I should eat. I know this, but outside my room there are people. I don't want to encounter people today. I want to stay in my room with my bed. My bed loves me and I love my bed. People don't love me and I don't love them. I will stay in my room where it's nice and cosy and free of people and not eat until it is safe to go out without encountering people.
I will eat late. I will go to bed late. I will sleep all day tomorrow. I will eat late. I will go to bed late. I will get to my lecture late. I will be tired and hungry. I won't be able to concentrate. I will not learn.
I will get readings and essays. I will be tired. I will be hungry. I won't be able to concentrate. I will not do them or I will fail at them. I will fail the module. I will fail all the modules. I will fail at university. I will fail at life.
I will be a burden on my family and friends until they or I either get fed up or die. I will spend my whole life dragging others down. I will contribute little or nothing to their lives or anyone's lives.
People will die and I will cry. I will cry and I will cry and I will cry then I will die.
My life will be over and the world will be no better off having had me in it.

I will post this on Student Room and put a downer on everybody's day.
Original post by PonchoKid

Not even slightly true> :nah: :hugs:
Boredom is like poison, isn't it?
Original post by Nathanielle
Boredom is like poison, isn't it?

Boredom implies that there are other things you wish you were doing. (or at least to me it does) And personally, I can't get enjoyment out of anything so I wouldn't say I'm bored, I'm just living.

That makes no sense, does it? :colondollar:
Original post by Kindred
I should eat. I know this, but outside my room there are people. I don't want to encounter people today. I want to stay in my room with my bed. My bed loves me and I love my bed. People don't love me and I don't love them. I will stay in my room where it's nice and cosy and free of people and not eat until it is safe to go out without encountering people.
I will eat late. I will go to bed late. I will sleep all day tomorrow. I will eat late. I will go to bed late. I will get to my lecture late. I will be tired and hungry. I won't be able to concentrate. I will not learn.
I will get readings and essays. I will be tired. I will be hungry. I won't be able to concentrate. I will not do them or I will fail at them. I will fail the module. I will fail all the modules. I will fail at university. I will fail at life.
I will be a burden on my family and friends until they or I either get fed up or die. I will spend my whole life dragging others down. I will contribute little or nothing to their lives or anyone's lives.
People will die and I will cry. I will cry and I will cry and I will cry then I will die.
My life will be over and the world will be no better off having had me in it.

:jumphug: It will get better :smile:
I know first hand that you've contributed so much to people's lives :smile: I would have been very lost indeed, had you not helped me in August and before then :hugs:
Original post by Sabertooth
Boredom implies that there are other things you wish you were doing. (or at least to me it does) And personally, I can't get enjoyment out of anything so I wouldn't say I'm bored, I'm just living.

That makes no sense, does it? :colondollar:

Yeah...No... hm...difficult. What I meant, is that if I would be distracted by something, I wouldn't get the opportunity to think too much. Of course I could learn and phone somebody (although I even did), but....tht could become a very philosophical discussion or also from an etymological point of view...:smile::colone:
Nathanielle

Yeah...No... hm...difficult. What I meant, is that if I would be distracted by something, I wouldn't get the opportunity to think too much. Of course I could learn and phone somebody (although I even did), but....tht could become a very philosophical discussion or also from an etymological point of view...:smile: :colone:

Ah I see. Yeah too much thinking is definitely a problem. But what's wrong with philosophical discussions? :biggrin: anything to get your mind off stuff!

Do you have a console? I find rockband/guitar hero is great for not wanting to think - it's impossible to think of anything else if you don't want to lose. :tongue: Whereas other games you can sorta zone out of the game and keep thinking. Or team fortress 2 is also good, you die if you think too much (also I believe it's free now on steam).
Original post by Kindred

Honestly, I don't think they care, they will just think it is a very understandable move to go out and fetch food. (Okay and maybe it is not as great, but just go somewhere to fetch food like James Bond - invisible.)

I will sleep all day tomorrow. I will eat late. I will go to bed late.

Tomorrow is sunday. You don't have any lectures on sunday? And you can get stuff early, when everything is quiet to have food sunday evening in your room and TADAAA! :colondollar: (I know I must sound weired, but I honestly just try to help.)

=> The following won't happen.
I will get to my lecture late. I will be tired and hungry. I won't be able to concentrate. I will not learn.
I will get readings and essays. I will be tired. I will be hungry. I won't be able to concentrate. I will not do them or I will fail at them. I will fail the module. I will fail all the modules. I will fail at university.

STOP SIGN => some thoughts are just: STOP SIGN

No, you don't. I am perfectly capable to do that by myself. :wink:

:hugs::hugs::hugs:
Original post by Maddie567
Did you ever get nauseous on it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I had no side effects that I was aware of :nah:
Original post by Sabertooth
Ah I see. Yeah too much thinking is definitely a problem. But what's wrong with philosophical discussions? :biggrin: anything to get your mind off stuff!

Yeah, discussions are awesome!!! I just have to found the big english thesaurus again.

Do you have a console? I find rockband/guitar hero is great for not wanting to think - it's impossible to think of anything else if you don't want to lose. :tongue: Whereas other games you can sorta zone out of the game and keep thinking. Or team fortress 2 is also good, you die if you think too much (also I believe it's free now on steam).

My family won'T be too lucky if I play games(especially loud ones) and I should not install too much procrastination stuff. But yeah, some of those old games I still have ... :colone:
Anyway PC or Laptop can't be used, as I need the space for programs I need for university.
So the last couple of months I have been stable depression/anxiety wise... however Thursday/Friday I had an episode of depersonalisation and it's really freaked me out and now I feel anxious and low because of it :/ Not had it that bad before. Literally felt nothing. Gah. Just started uni as well so I don't need this **** right now.
Original post by DavidYorkshireFTW
I can panic and have chest pain when I go out :frown: I do get out on a daily basis though :smile:

Beta-blockers, and have an appointment about getting CBT on Tuesday.

It's like a weird. I get really down with anxiety for hours or days, then feel fine for a bit but then it goes down hill again, don't know what to do :frown:

yeah mood swings are pretty regular for me also, i think that's just a depression thing. I've developed a habit to cope, but its not the healthiest or cost effective :/

i highly recommend cbt, it doesn't always work 100% for everyone, but you will come away with something that will help. Therapists tend to be some of the nicest people too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest