The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8900
Eurgh big on the whole self-hatred thing at the mo. I just can't do anything right. :cry2: I don't understand why I'm so wrong, other people can still stay whole so why can't i manage it? this is ****e.
Original post by Sultana
Eurgh big on the whole self-hatred thing at the mo. I just can't do anything right. :cry2: I don't understand why I'm so wrong, other people can still stay whole so why can't i manage it? this is ****e.

yeah it seems some of us just get the short straw, are dealt a bad hand or however you wanna see it.

It doesn't do you any good comparing yourself to others, although we all do it :hugs: Aim to meet your own goals that you set for youself. don't worry about how everyone else is doing so much, it won't do you much good.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can't sleep again, hate myself so much, such a **** up, no wonder everyone hates me!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8903
Evening all you lovely wonderful people :h: trying so hard right now not to self judge.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8904
Original post by Meaty_man
yeah it seems some of us just get the short straw, are dealt a bad hand or however you wanna see it.

It doesn't do you any good comparing yourself to others, although we all do it :hugs: Aim to meet your own goals that you set for youself. don't worry about how everyone else is doing so much, it won't do you much good.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah. I know some things are just how they are and no ones fault for it, and I realise making comparisons is stupid. But like, other people I know who are similar or people from the internet or even just the hypothetical person, I don't see them as broken or tainted or dirty. I see them and I think they're really ****ing awesome, strong brilliant people to just still be alive and if they're doing more towards recovery then that's completely awesome. And objectively I know people say to me i shouldnt feel bad things about myself. But **** I do. And i can't reconcile these two views and all the time i keep on being so bad at everything and people realise that and get sick of me and im sick of me and i dont know what im saying any more but i really dont want to have to live in my skin any more im so vile.
Reply 8905
Original post by HairyCanary
So the last couple of months I have been stable depression/anxiety wise... however Thursday/Friday I had an episode of depersonalisation and it's really freaked me out and now I feel anxious and low because of it :/ Not had it that bad before. Literally felt nothing. Gah. Just started uni as well so I don't need this **** right now.

Easier said than done, but just don't let it get to you. Remind yourself that it's all just the brains inner perception on life, not the actual case.
Original post by james1211
Easier said than done, but just don't let it get to you. Remind yourself that it's all just the brains inner perception on life, not the actual case.

Thanks. I was getting along fine until that happened :frown: I hate it - I thought not feeling anything would be great until I actually experienced depersonalisation/derealisation and it's scary as ****. Wanting to do stupid things and having to rationalise and tell yourself that you can't because it's all basically a mirage and things do actually have consequences in the real world. Gah. Sorry rambling on.
Reply 8907
Thanks. I was getting along fine until that happened :frown: I hate it - I thought not feeling anything would be great until I actually experienced depersonalisation/derealisation and it's scary as ****. Wanting to do stupid things and having to rationalise and tell yourself that you can't because it's all basically a mirage and things do actually have consequences in the real world. Gah. Sorry rambling on.

For me, not feeling anything is worse than feeling deflated. It's almost like you feel hollow inside.
falling apart faster than i can say oh ****.
Original post by james1211
For me, not feeling anything is worse than feeling deflated. It's almost like you feel hollow inside.

Yeah that's what I meant. Sorry I wasn't very clear :colondollar:

I also get really confused and just like yeah I dunno how to describe it except that de-P is ****.
Original post by PonchoKid
falling apart faster than i can say oh ****.

You CAN do this. :yep: You are so strong. :hugs:
Reply 8911
Yeah that's what I meant. Sorry I wasn't very clear :colondollar:

I also get really confused and just like yeah I dunno how to describe it except that de-P is ****.

I knew what you meant :smile:
yeah mood swings are pretty regular for me also, i think that's just a depression thing. I've developed a habit to cope, but its not the healthiest or cost effective :/

i highly recommend cbt, it doesn't always work 100% for everyone, but you will come away with something that will help. Therapists tend to be some of the nicest people too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What is this habit?
Yes, I really hope it works for me :smile:
My boyfriend is so lovely. He found out that my faviroute band is doing a UK tour so we're going to get tickets to see them. It's their music that inspired me to seek help and it never ceases to touch my soul. There are so many things just listening to them has helped me through and a few things it managed to stop me doing. I am so happy that i'm going to get to see them live. And even better, with my boyfriend. :biggrin:

Thank you to the two people who replied to my last post. PB- i'm really glad I could help you out before.
You made me feel a lot better. I'm somewhat confused at the moment and I seem to be getting rather doubtful of myself at times but it's not too bad cos I usually come around later on and realise how silly i've been. I'm talking to my bf about it and i'm going to talk to services at my uni too so hopefully that will help. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DavidYorkshireFTW
What is this habit?
Yes, I really hope it works for me :smile:

pot, it helps me not think about stuff, and helps me to just enjoy the present. i have way too much time to myself, so it helps keep bad thoughts away...

i don't want it to be permanent, but its something that helps for the time being while i sort myself out. thankfully im getting a fair bit of help atm.

Had such a triggering night last night...urgh. Expect me to pour my heart out a bit later lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
pot, it helps me not think about stuff, and helps me to just enjoy the present. i have way too much time to myself, so it helps keep bad thoughts away...

i don't want it to be permanent, but its something that helps for the time being while i sort myself out. thankfully im getting a fair bit of help atm.

Had such a triggering night last night...urgh. Expect me to pour my heart out a bit later lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Pot.. is the reason why I am like I am, I over used it and ended up with phychosis :eek:
Be careful man, and alright :smile:
Original post by Kindred
I can see that it would be. I for one love it. It's made mornings easier by far. I'm not a great fan of that sort of lighting either most of the time, it's kinda dim and depressing but it wakes me up enough that i can whack open the curtain to let more light in so it's all good :P
lol that's handy

Where do you get these alarm clocks from?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DavidYorkshireFTW
Pot.. is the reason why I am like I am, I over used it and ended up with phychosis :eek:
Be careful man, and alright :smile:

Man, i hope you're doing better now, sounds like you had a rough time :hugs: Yeah, i'm trying to cut my use down and all but its so difficult...

I'm hoping that once i have a job and routine ill be able to do it :smile:
Original post by sunfowers01
Where do you get these alarm clocks from?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Got mine off amazon. It's called "sunrise clock" some are like £70 :O but there's a cheap one that works just fine :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not eaten at all again today, im getting really **** at looking after myself :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest