The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Meaty_man
Man, i hope you're doing better now, sounds like you had a rough time :hugs: Yeah, i'm trying to cut my use down and all but its so difficult...

I'm hoping that once i have a job and routine ill be able to do it :smile:

Thanks man :smile:
I'm not going to say don't do it, but do it in moderation, that's coming from someone who smoked a pound or two in within six months :smile::bong:

My friend was like me, really anxious and panicky and stuff, now he's back smoking weed and he's fine..
Reply 8921
Afternoon. Not sure how today is going. Feel up and down.
Original post by DavidYorkshireFTW

My friend was like me, really anxious and panicky and stuff, now he's back smoking weed and he's fine..

I would not call that fine, if you are dependant on some drug. (Especially one who is neither under doctoral supervision nor had undergone a quality control during production.)
Original post by Nathanielle
I would not call that fine, if you are dependant on some drug. (Especially one who is neither under doctoral supervision nor had undergone a quality control during production.)

Fine, meaning the whole panic attacks and anxiety has gone.. :dontknow:

It can be the lesser of two evils though. Better for someone to be dependant on weed, than to do other more harmful things to themselves for instance.
Fine, meaning the whole panic attacks and anxiety has gone.. :dontknow:

Yeah, but it is not gone, just supressed and you don't know what happens, if he really get used to it. I would have too much fear, that afterwards it becomes worse, because of dependance and the fact, weed is probably no anti-anxiety drug, but used to fade out of reality.
Yeah, but it is not gone, just supressed and you don't know what happens, if he really get used to it. I would have too much fear, that afterwards it becomes worse, because of dependance and the fact, weed is probably no anti-anxiety drug, but used to fade out of reality.

I guess, weed can cause really bad psychosis if used in the long term, which I suffer from :frown:
Original post by rmhumphries
It can be the lesser of two evils though. Better for someone to be dependant on weed, than to do other more harmful things to themselves for instance.

He speaks of panik attacks and anxiety, not self-harm. And unless you properly treat it, then you can also say: Hei, drink Alcohol each day, it let you forget a lot and you don't care anymore!

I mean, I know, weed does not trigger shizophrenia, depersonalisation etc. in everyone, but it is not there to cure mental problems.

I guess, weed can cause really bad psychosis if used in the long term, which I suffer from :frown:

Probably one reason why I am so anti, is that I also know those stories, not from the internet, but from reality.
(edited 10 years ago)
He speaks of panik attacks and anxiety, not self-harm. And unless you properly treat it, then you can also say: Hei, drink Alcohol each day, it let you forget a lot and you don't care anymore!

I mean, I know, weed does not trigger shizophrenia, depersonalisation etc. in everyone, but it is not there to cure mental problems.

Probably one reason why I am so anti, is that I also know those stories, not from the internet, but from reality.

Unless if you live in California! :moon:

It could still be the lesser of two evils. Say it is used to go out in scary social situations, then it can be used to get over anxiety at the first, 'ice-breaking' stage, but then you gain friends who, once getting to know them, you don't feel as anxious, and so don't need the weed then. The situation is very hard to judge from the outside, unless you are very close to the person in question or in very clear-cut situations, I don't think that people outside can easily say if it is good or bad for the person in question.

Same.... it's not worth it :s-smilie:
Reply 8931
Original post by Gemmer_
Afternoon. Not sure how today is going. Feel up and down.

Same here. In between kind of mood.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8932
Original post by james1211
Same here. In between kind of mood.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It sucks. :colone: How was badminton?
Reply 8933
Original post by Gemmer_
It sucks. :colone: How was badminton?

Good but I injured my ankle pretty badly and now I'm not sure if I should play on it on Tuesday in case I make it worse :unimpressed:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8934
Good but I injured my ankle pretty badly and now I'm not sure if I should play on it on Tuesday in case I make it worse :unimpressed:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I guess you should sew how it is tomorrow? :hugs:
Reply 8935
Original post by Gemmer_
I guess you should sew how it is tomorrow? :hugs:

Maybe, though I need to book it tomorrow lunchtime so I'm not sure I'll be able to decide by then. :facepalm:

Only I would injure myself like that :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8936
Maybe, though I need to book it tomorrow lunchtime so I'm not sure I'll be able to decide by then. :facepalm:

Only I would injure myself like that :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well, you've got yourself into a very awkward situation! Choices choices! :colone: I hope it gets better soon lovely.
Reply 8937
Original post by Gemmer_
Well, you've got yourself into a very awkward situation! Choices choices! :colone: I hope it gets better soon lovely.

Thanks me dear :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8938
Thanks me dear :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're very welcome! :jumphug: :awesome:
Reply 8939
Original post by Gemmer_
You're very welcome! :jumphug: :awesome:

:smile:

I'm going to eat my tea, maybe we will speak later on!

Latest