The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by usycool1
I did :sadnod: How come you have 9 maths exams?

I'm doing my A2 in FM this year and I decided to do AFM AS after all. I thought you were as well! What happened?
Original post by furryface12
Exactly! Just think, if you didn't have bio you'd have two exams! :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That would be AMAZING! :tongue: I'd be disappointed if I didn't get the A* for both after only having to prepare for two :tongue:
Original post by keromedic
I'm doing my A2 in FM this year and I decided to do AFM AS after all. I thought you were as well! What happened?

Ah fair enough! :biggrin: Nah, I'm just far too busy to take up another AS level, 4 plus an EPQ/BMAT revision etc. is bad enough :sadnod:
Ah fair enough! :biggrin: Nah, I'm just far too busy to take up another AS level, 4 plus an EPQ/BMAT revision etc. is bad enough :sadnod:

Fair enough. You know you can :tongue:, you probably don't want to make the rest of us feel bad :h:.
Original post by StUdEnTIGCSE
Luckily doing IAL :colondollar:

Capture.JPG

Why do you have Jan exams? The Jan to Summer exam ratio is mad!
Reply 5405
Can't.....muster up...enthusiasm...for....homework....

:rip:
Fair enough. You know you can :tongue:, you probably don't want to make the rest of us feel bad :h:.

Haha, I wish that were true :lol:
Original post by Pandora.

Shame on you :tongue:. I always do my homework it's just that I haven't yet begun the studying and extra reading I'd planned on doing this yr :frown:.

Haha, I wish that were true :lol:

:tongue:. I take it your EPQ is nearly done though? :biggrin:
Reply 5408
Shame on you :tongue:. I always do my homework it's just that I haven't yet begun the studying and extra reading I'd planned on doing this yr :frown:.
:tongue: Oh I planned on everything: homework done straight away, loads of extra reading and research, revision from the beginning. Then the year started and it's already become to worst academic year ever, and I just want to curl up and watch Downton Abbey. :sad:

:tongue:. I take it your EPQ is nearly done though? :biggrin:

Indeed! :biggrin: It's due in about two weeks or so, I was meant to finish it this weekend but was too busy with BMAT etc. so hopefully later this week!

:console: I pretty much never do my homework anymore :teehee:
Indeed! :biggrin: It's due in about two weeks or so, I was meant to finish it this weekend but was too busy with BMAT etc. so hopefully later this week!

As usual, good luck on the BMAT. Have you gotten ur non med offer yet?
:tongue: Oh I planned on everything: homework done straight away, loads of extra reading and research, revision from the beginning. Then the year started and it's already become to worst academic year ever, and I just want to curl up and watch Downton Abbey. :sad:

I can so agree. At least I'm starting my hw now instead of cramming it at night, for once :tongue:.

Why? WWE/TSR keeping you up?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5411
Lucky you, I remember those good old days :teehee: With Maths I can usually charm my way out of it :smug: But History is terrible and they're way top strict about homework.
As usual, good luck on the BMAT. Have you gotten ur non med offer yet?

Why? WWE/TSR keeping you up?

Thanks! :biggrin: Nope, I applied to Imperial for biomedical sciences :lol: So I need to do the BMAT before I have any chance of getting an offer from them. Either way though, I'll just reapply next year via the "normal" route rather than take my 5th choice tbh. I only took a fifth because my headteacher made me. :tongue:

Haha, I have better things to be doing than homework. :tongue:

Lucky you, I remember those good old days :teehee: With Maths I can usually charm my way out of it :smug: But History is terrible and they're way top strict about homework.

Our teachers are quite nice about it, thankfully! :teehee: Homework doesn't really help me that much tbh (unless it's for maths sometimes :tongue:), I prefer doing my own work. :tongue:
Thanks! :biggrin: Nope, I applied to Imperial for biomedical sciences :lol: So I need to do the BMAT before I have any chance of getting an offer from them. Either way though, I'll just reapply next year via the "normal" route rather than take my 5th choice tbh. I only took a fifth because my headteacher made me. :tongue:

Haha, I have better things to be doing than homework. :tongue:

Oh yes. If I don't get through next year, I'll go to my 5th choice which will probably be 'sciency' or 'maths with music' or 'music'.

Fair enough :tongue:. Well whatever you do is working, clearly. Whereas, me not studying and doing hw resulted in my AS disaster!
Reply 5414
Our teachers are quite nice about it, thankfully! :teehee: Homework doesn't really help me that much tbh (unless it's for maths sometimes :tongue:), I prefer doing my own work. :tongue:
I wish mine were the same. :tongue: I agree! We should really be encouraged to do more independent work rather than set work now, especially since we're about to be thrown into independent study! :eek:
University choices! :afraid:

If you're thinking about applying to university and want your choices in the list below, quote this post and I'll add them in for you! :biggrin:

Information you may wish to add:

What course you're going to apply for.

Your AS subjects (and grades if you like).

Your A2 subjects (and predicted/actual grades if you want to).

What universities you're thinking of applying to and their decisions (when it comes to that).

University courses

If you'd like to make any changes, just quote me. :h:

Economics
AS Subjects: Maths (A), Further Maths (B), Government & Politics (A), Religious Studies (A), Spanish (C) (+EPQ)
A2 Subjects: Maths (Predicted A*), Government & Politics (Predicted A), Religious Studies (Predicted A), (+EPQ)
University choices: UCL, Leeds, Birmingham, York, Queen Mary's London
Can a maths whizz please help me with this?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2495527&p=44867815#post44867815

I've been stuck on it for an hour!
Original post by Lucy96
That would be AMAZING! :tongue: I'd be disappointed if I didn't get the A* for both after only having to prepare for two :tongue:

True, still, five exams isn't bad! I have 11 and a lot of people on here seem to have even more :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5418
Can anyone recommend how to start my PS

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by flou_fboco
u only have four wow

Both English Lit and History have coursework, so it's only one exam each for those, and then Latin is two exams. But they're nicely spread out, so it's all good.

Latest