The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alexsong
Best guess is 2 because they would release the ball somewhere inside of the 3 point line ? I think that makes sense

That was what I thought but in a video I saw I think someone said that a dunk would be a three point play if you jumped from behind the line

Original post by 419
Is lebron up there with those himself? Anyways, well just have to agree to disagree about all this. League will still be as amazing without lebron but thankfully, that won't happen for another 8 years, minimum.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think he'll definitely be remembered as an all time top 5 player at least. I think he'll finish with 3-5 rings, 6 or 7 MVP's. If he can start to establish himself as more of a clutch player the sky's the limit when you consider his skill level.

On the subject of LeBron and not being clutch this is an interesting article:
www.libertyballers.com/2012/2/29/2832299/lebron-james-kobe-bryant-dwyane-wade-clutch-nba-playoffs-4th-quarter

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 601
Original post by HarryJames
That was what I thought but in a video I saw I think someone said that a dunk would be a three point play if you jumped from behind the line

Posted from TSR Mobile

It would be 3 points...

Thinking about it, it would be a 3 like this

and

It would be 3 points...

I hadn't seen your reply when I last posted

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 603
I hadn't seen your reply when I last posted

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah cos it got lost between pages so I thought I would quote myself just incase you missed it and for ****s and gigs too
Original post by S-man10
Me neither, but it would take a hit.

Watch open court?

KD vs George Gervin btw?

Only seen the snippets on youtube
KD 15-11
KD is too tall and long for for Gervin plus he has better range.

But I don't see that first group of players as being remembered in the same light as Jordan, Magic, Shaq etc.

I'm not saying it would be over, the NBA survived all three of Jordan's retirements but I think LeBron retiring would be like the first time Michael retired just because LeBron is so dominant and such a public figure

Posted from TSR Mobile

I kinda disagree because MJ at that point was larger than the NBA . Everyone knew who Jordan was no matter if you knew about basketball or not. Same can't be said for Lebron or any other player in history imo.
Bit of a random question but if a player jumped from behind the three point line and dunked would it be a two or three point play?

Posted from TSR Mobile

3 points
Reply 606
Original post by Simon Adebisi

I kinda disagree because MJ at that point was larger than the NBA . Everyone knew who Jordan was no matter if you knew about basketball or not. Same can't be said for Lebron or any other player in history imo.

LeBron atm is juts below that. Given the social media these days the name is out there. 3 peat would ensure he is on that level.

I wouldn't mind uploading if my speed wasn't ****. There maybe a few ways to get it. PM me if you want

2 more episodes for this season on Open Court and then hopefully more to come throughout the season.

I think I haven't watched 3 or 4 form season 2. I really hope they put out a DVD box set

edit: ignore the spelling
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 607
Even if you touch the rim when dunking, it's still a 3?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 419

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think it's where you take off from that dictates how many points you get. Thats why the refs always check whether both feet are behind the line on 3 pointers.
Original post by 419

Posted from TSR Mobile

You can't really dunk without touching the rim?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 610
I don't think that will ever happen so very little point having such a thought
Original post by S-man10
I don't think that will ever happen so very little point having such a thought

Neither will the one on one games that have been suggested but it's a thought

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 612
Neither will the one on one games that have been suggested but it's a thought

Posted from TSR Mobile

No need to have a go at me
Reply 613
You can't really dunk without touching the rim?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Superman changed that fact during the 08 slam dunk contest

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 614
Original post by S-man10
LeBron atm is juts below that. Given the social media these days the name is out there. 3 peat would ensure he is on that level.

Until Lebron releases a cologne, he's not on MJ's 'out-of-basketball' level. Merchandise-wise, Jordan's still winning.
Reply 615
Original post by Jingers
Until Lebron releases a cologne, he's not on MJ's 'out-of-basketball' level. Merchandise-wise, Jordan's still winning.

knicker bockers not winning this year
Original post by S-man10
No need to have a go at me

I'm not having a go at you, you shot down what I said first

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 617
I'm not having a go at you, you shot down what I said first

Posted from TSR Mobile

because it was legitimate, no one if going to dunk from the 3-point line unless they can fly :tongue:

That 1 on 1 game was a fun game, nothing more :tongue:
After watching some random Heat games last year, and having seen this:

i really want to start following the NBA season, but I just don't know where to start?

I understand that there is an East conference, and West, and then they have play-offs? And i don't understand 'the draft'?

Could someone explain the structure e.g. in football in Premier League, 20 teams play 38 games, home and away, top 4 go on to a champions league, bottom 3 get relegated, players can be transferred in and out in Summer and January etc.
Reply 619
Original post by bigwhalegambler
After watching some random Heat games last year, and having seen this:

i really want to start following the NBA season, but I just don't know where to start?

I understand that there is an East conference, and West, and then they have play-offs? And i don't understand 'the draft'?

Could someone explain the structure e.g. in football in Premier League, 20 teams play 38 games, home and away, top 4 go on to a champions league, bottom 3 get relegated, players can be transferred in and out in Summer and January etc.

30 teams splits into 2 conferences of 15 teams - east and west- who are then split into 3 divisions of 5 teams. (The division doesn't really matter, it's just means you play teams within your division more). Top 8 teams from each conference go into the playoff. You play 82 games. No relegation.

Wiki's your friend. Explains it succinctly and perfectly.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest