The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Crying because I feel so alone, but feel too bad to get out of bed and actually seek company. :facepalm:
Depression 1 : Tasha 0
Original post by tasha96
Crying because I feel so alone, but feel too bad to get out of bed and actually seek company. :facepalm:

Can chat toe on skype if you like :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PonchoKid

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you. :hugs:
Original post by tasha96
You're not alone. (brilliantly demonstrated by the quoted post below).

Have you managed to eat yet today? What about a few bowls of cereal to get you going until you focus yourself on preparing a hearty feast?
Since there have been so many posts today about marijuana on this thread I wanted to introduce a Dutch study from 2004 carried out by the University of Maastricht. I chose a study from Holland as they tend not to have the same political bias when compared to those from other countries. It seemed that since most people here are students who enjoy evaluating and analysing data, I thought I would link to the study to help with the process of making informed decisions. Please ignore the sensationalised article headline used by the British New Scientist Magazine. The full text of the study is available elsewhere.

New Scientist
Original post by los lobos marinos

Have you managed to eat yet today? What about a few bowls of cereal to get you going until you focus yourself on preparing a hearty feast?

Yeah i had half a chicken pie for lunch cos it just needed heating up then made curry for tea
And my bfs mums making apple pie :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah i had half a chicken pie for lunch cos it just needed heating up then made curry for tea
And my bfs mums making apple pie :smile:
Wowee!! The train carrying the feast has well and truly left the station! :grin:
Can't focus or do anything. So much uni work to do. Just want to sit and cry. I am a mess. Can't do anything full stop. :cry2:
Original post by HairyCanary
Can't focus or do anything. So much uni work to do. Just want to sit and cry. I am a mess. Can't do anything full stop. :cry2:
Why? What's up? :console:
Why? What's up? :console:

I've been stable mentally for a few months and then suddenly I've started getting depersonalisation again which has set me back really badly depression and anxiety wise. :frown:
Are you able to talk to anyone about how it is making you feel (the depression and anxiety)? Alternatively, how about maybe contacting another student for collaborative session on some of the uni stuff? Maybe just being with someone will help and it might also reduce any anxiety about the work plus reduce the stress associated with not getting it done. :smile:
Wowee!! The train carrying the feast has well and truly left the station! :grin:

I need to not eat though :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8952
I keep having reality checks. My life doesn't feel real anymore. Not sure what to think, haven't felt this way in a long long time.
keep going over and over a conversation i had last night in my head :frown:

im such a mess, i so cant deal with this on my own.
Reply 8954
keep going over and over a conversation i had last night in my head :frown:

im such a mess, i so cant deal with this on my own.

Do you mean you are going over it thinking what you should have said instead of what you did say, or are you upset about the subject of the conversation?
I've been stable mentally for a few months and then suddenly I've started getting depersonalisation again which has set me back really badly depression and anxiety wise. :frown:
Are you still doing the same routines and coping strategies you did that used to help you recover last time?
Are you still doing the same routines and coping strategies you did that used to help you recover last time?

I've never had treatment for it or strategies, only for depression and anxiety because basically my psychiatrist thought it was a result of my anti depressant so she lowered the dose but it doesn't seem to be the case if I have it a few months later again. My routines haven't really changed.

Gah so stressed about this bloody essay and all this work I need to do!! Wish there was someone to just sit in the room with me, not to talk to or anything, just so I am not alone freaking out.
I've never had treatment for it or strategies, only for depression and anxiety because basically my psychiatrist thought it was a result of my anti depressant so she lowered the dose but it doesn't seem to be the case if I have it a few months later again. My routines haven't really changed.

Gah so stressed about this bloody essay and all this work I need to do!! Wish there was someone to just sit in the room with me, not to talk to or anything, just so I am not alone freaking out.
Maybe you need to consider whether having a strategy to help you manage your emotions and anxiety could be of benefit?

Some type of therapeutic treatment may help possibly (just a suggestion). Meditation and/or a mindfulness course may be good too. Mindfulness is available for free through a number of NHS trusts and referrals can be made via a GP. Just a couple of ideas for you to mull over. :smile:
Original post by james1211
Do you mean you are going over it thinking what you should have said instead of what you did say, or are you upset about the subject of the conversation?

what i did say and the subject we were discussing, feel so dirty about it all, but cant do anything about it :cry2:
Maybe you need to consider whether having a strategy to help you manage your emotions and anxiety could be of benefit?

Some type of therapeutic treatment may help possibly (just a suggestion). Meditation and/or a mindfulness course may be good too. Mindfulness is available for free through a number of NHS trusts and referrals can be made via a GP. Just a couple of ideas for you to mull over. :smile:

Thanks. I've had CBT etc for my depression/anxiety however as the depersonalisation thing is relatively new and uncommon for me I am not sure what to do, but I am seeing my new GP tomorrow about the depersonalisation. I won't see my psychiatrist until I can next go home. Dunno about my psychologist, I think at the moment I want to just get uni to help me out. My personal tutor still hasn't replied to my bloody email about my mental health not being great at the moment....
UCL admin is craaaaaap

Latest