The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5780
Original post by vespa
you guys better be watching Kill la Kill. best anime since flcl.

Love it :awesome: I've got episode 3 loading on another tab as we speak.
Reply 5781
Is anyone watching Kyousogiga? :3
I love Gurren Lagann but Kyousogiga gives me more of a Gainax fix than Kill La Kill does right now :P
Original post by Aiko
Sent you a PM. :tongue:

got it :p:

just watched the latest Ippo, ohh Aoki :rofl2:
Reply 5783
kyousogiga was brilliant. a superb demonstration of technique and colour. toei's animators showing what they do best, showing the power of their pedigree as one of the oldest studios still going.
Honestly I've been getting bored of anime. Tried to get into many recently, but none of them interested me enough to make it past the first couple of episodes. (Examples are Deadman's Wonderland and Samurai Champloo)
My favourite anime by far has to be Berserk though, damn, no other anime has made me pick up the Manga.

Other animes I enjoyed are Black Lagoon, Elfen Lied, Afro Samurai, Gantz and DmC. :^_^:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Chivarable
Honestly I've been getting bored of anime. Tried to get into many recently, but none of them interested me enough to make it past the first couple of episodes. (Examples are Deadman's Wonderland and Samurai Champloo)
My favourite anime by far has to be Berserk though, damn, no other anime has made me pick up the Manga.

Other animes I enjoyed are Black Lagoon, Elfen Lied, Gantz and DmC. :^_^:

Maybe you just haven't found the right anime?

Other animes I enjoyed are Black Lagoon, Elfen Lied, Afro Samurai, Gantz and DmC. :^_^:

Try Shiki? It's a sort-of dark type anime as well although ending is pretty ****.
Reply 5787

Have you watched Baccano?
Reply 5788
Kill la Kill is a cool series. The main characters having a permanant ":unimpressed:"look. :giggle:

But I get the feeling whoever designed those uniforms is probably the type who creates the questionable oblivion/skyrim "armour". :hmmm:
Reply 5789
Original post by eugenius 8
got it :p:

just watched the latest Ippo, ohh Aoki :rofl2:

The weight gain and loss was great. I rarely laugh out loud when I watch anime, usually breaking a slight smile at best, but this episode did it. :giggle:

Original post by vin
Kill la Kill is a cool series. The main characters having a permanant ":unimpressed:"look. :giggle:

But I get the feeling whoever designed those uniforms is probably the type who creates the questionable oblivion/skyrim "armour". :hmmm:

Can't comment on the questionable Oblivion/Skyrim armour, but clearly they know how to offer fan service. :tongue: Kill la Kill is awesome, though. A TTGL and FLCL hybrid. :yes:

Also, why weren't you on Skype? :hmmm:
Can anyone actually tell me what this anime is about?
I can't read/understand anything...

[video="youtube;zY0x4z4_LfY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zY0x4z4_LfY[/video]
Original post by Scienceisgood
Can anyone actually tell me what this anime is about?
I can't read/understand anything...

I found the ANN page easily enough (it's a movie called Sakasama no Patema), but the synopsis tells us less than the trailer. :p: I'm not surprised by the lack of info if it hasn't even premiered in Japan yet, though, and it could be a lot longer before it gets released on disc and subsequently fansubbed/licensed. :sadnod:

[EDIT] Looks like there's a collection of short OVAs out that are subbed, though. A prologue to the movie. :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Dr Tenacious
I liked Gundam 00, the 3 new mechs that they added in season 2 were sick. The movie sucked though. I probably wont watch another series, seems like its just the same. Well I guess you could say that about Yugioh lol. Are you watching the new Gundam series, it reminds me of custom robo?

Gunpla builders? Yeah. I even have the strike custom as a model :ahee: as I said, I am addicted to all things gundam

Posted from TSR Mobile
Bought volumes 9 and 10 of Kaoru Mori's Emma (FINALLY completing the series), which cost £50 and £27 respectively. Possibly my most expensive series to date, and definitely the most expensive per volume. So I thought, whatever series I end up starting next, I'd better make sure it's a cheap one.

However, I just found out how much volume 9 of Twin Spica sells for... over £100 new, and not a lot cheaper used. :zomg: *is up to volume 8* Got fooled into thinking it was cheap by Amazon, which lists it for a reasonable £7.99 - out of stock until further notice, of course. :rolleyes: Good job I like the series. :p: It still amazes me that something published two years ago is now rare enough to demand such high prices, they can't have printed many! :s-smilie:
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Bought volumes 9 and 10 of Kaoru Mori's Emma (FINALLY completing the series), which cost £50 and £27 respectively. Possibly my most expensive series to date, and definitely the most expensive per volume. So I thought, whatever series I end up starting next, I'd better make sure it's a cheap one.

However, I just found out how much volume 9 of Twin Spica sells for... over £100 new, and not a lot cheaper used. :zomg: *is up to volume 8* Got fooled into thinking it was cheap by Amazon, which lists it for a reasonable £7.99 - out of stock until further notice, of course. :rolleyes: Good job I like the series. :p: It still amazes me that something published two years ago is now rare enough to demand such high prices, they can't have printed many! :s-smilie:

90% off, no wonder it's out of stock and usually when they say "we'll email when it's back in stock" it never comes back in stock XD.
Original post by Dilzo999
90% off, no wonder it's out of stock and usually when they say "we'll email when it's back in stock" it never comes back in stock XD.

AND they have the cheek to offer people an 85p gift card if they trade their copies in. :zomg:
ahh Non Non Biyori gets more adorable by the ep :pinch: its becoming one of my faves this season :yes:
Guys, new anime streaming website has been set up YESTERDAY, so, it currently only has 2 anime on it so far but has a schedule.

I personally will keep an eye on this so, I may consider subscribing. =)

Link: http://www.wakanim.co.uk/catalogue

Also, is it just me or does the main character from Samurai Flamenco look like Shaoron from Tsubasa?
Original post by Scienceisgood
Guys, new anime streaming website has been set up YESTERDAY, so, it currently only has 2 anime on it so far but has a schedule.

I personally will keep an eye on this so, I may consider subscribing. =)

Link: http://www.wakanim.co.uk/catalogue

Also, is it just me or does the main character from Samurai Flamenco look like Shaoron from Tsubasa?

Nothing will fill the gap that animecrazy has left XD.
I just realised how wrong openings/endings look without text. =l
Just tried out the extras in my Blu Ray and it looks so wrong given it is just so different to what I'm used to...

Latest