The Student Room Group

What are people's current UCAS application situation ?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kay(:
Isnt it only for 7 days or something though? Looking through all my options i think i might have my 5 now!

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, that's for changing them. You can add them at any time.
Original post by Kay(:
Isnt it only for 7 days or something though? Looking through all my options i think i might have my 5 now!

Posted from TSR Mobile

You can swap choices for 7 days but if you add one straight to Track I'm sure it's for good :frown: Where are you looking at?
Original post by goodmorningworld
You can swap choices for 7 days but if you add one straight to Track I'm sure it's for good :frown: Where are you looking at?

Ooh right okay! Erm sheffield, queen mary, westminster, keele and hertfordshire :smile: you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kay(:
Ooh right okay! Erm sheffield, queen mary, westminster, keele and hertfordshire :smile: you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sheffield, Newcastle and Durham :smile: Left some blank spaces for later
Sent my off on the 13th for Medicine :smile:

Just waiting for replies :biggrin:

Got bmat coming up soon :biggrin:
Original post by goodmorningworld
Sheffield, Newcastle and Durham :smile: Left some blank spaces for later

Oh! Woo sheffield, i really like it! What you hoping to study?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 66
Is anyone applying for Newcastle university to study English literature and creative writing ? Also how long does it take usually to get a reply ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 67
Sent off my application yesterday which was exciting!
Where is everyone else in the process? the majority of my tutor group haven't even started personal statements yet which is crazy.
I'm applying to do Sociology at:
Lancaster, Leicester, Bristol, Coventry and Portsmouth. Anyone else out there hoping to study sociology or go to any of these universities?
Good luck everyone! :biggrin:
Sent mine off on Monday 14/11/13

Chemical Engineering @

Cambridge
Imperial
Bath
Newcastle
Durham (Chemistry)

Finished and submitted SAQ tonight! I have confirmation from all but Imperial atm :redface:

My minimum offer is AAA, this should be fun :wink:
Reply 69
Original post by Kateeeee
Sent off my application yesterday which was exciting!
Where is everyone else in the process? the majority of my tutor group haven't even started personal statements yet which is crazy.
I'm applying to do Sociology at:
Lancaster, Leicester, Bristol, Coventry and Portsmouth. Anyone else out there hoping to study sociology or go to any of these universities?
Good luck everyone! :biggrin:

I am applying to do Sociology too, haven't submitted my application yet though.

Planning to apply for Lancaster and Bristol too :smile: Also applying to Sheffield, LSE and I'm torn between Goldsmiths or Leeds :erm:

Going to the opening day for Lancaster on Wednesday, and Sheffield next week. Where have you visited?
Reply 70
Original post by corax

Planning to apply for Lancaster and Bristol too :smile: Also applying to Sheffield, LSE and I'm torn between Goldsmiths or Leeds :erm:

Going to the opening day for Lancaster on Wednesday, and Sheffield next week. Where have you visited?

Awesome! I kept putting off completing my application for ages but eventually got it out the way!

You're the first person I've found that's applying to some of the same universities as me, as well as the same course! I was close to applying for LSE but wimped out in the end! :colondollar: Good luck though! I've visited Leicester and Bristol which I both loved, but am also going to Lancaster on Wednesday. Coventry and Portsmouth I haven't visited but they are mainly back ups if, for some reason, I get rejections from everywhere else ha-ha!
Have you finished your personal statement? :smile:
Reply 71
Original post by corax

I also looked at Sheffield earlier in the year but it didn't seem to appeal to me. :frown:
Reply 72
Awesome! I kept putting off completing my application for ages but eventually got it out the way!

You're the first person I've found that's applying to some of the same universities as me, as well as the same course! I was close to applying for LSE but wimped out in the end! :colondollar: Good luck though! I've visited Leicester and Bristol which I both loved, but am also going to Lancaster on Wednesday. Coventry and Portsmouth I haven't visited but they are mainly back ups if, for some reason, I get rejections from everywhere else ha-ha!
Have you finished your personal statement? :smile:

What didn't you like about Sheffield? It looks like a less vibrant version of Manchester to me but I'm going to check it out as it seems to have a good rep.

Aha I know right! Not a lot of people on here seem to be doing Sociology or a least not alone (I've seen people talk about doing joint honours). To be fair, I don't think I'll get in LSE but it's worth a try I suppose.

I've finished it yeah :smile: I just keep putting off finishing my UCAS because I'm so stressed about it all :')

Good luck to you too :biggrin: and Leicester looks really pretty!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm applying to Durham, Bristol, Exeter, York and Sheffield for English Lit.
I've written my statement already but my reference wasn't done at the end of last week and now I'm on half term for two weeks so really stressing knowing that loads of people are still at school and sending them this week. Wanted to send it as soon as I get back to school but looking like it'll take about a week... really nervous as they're competitive unis and a competitive course!

Well done everyone who's sent/received offers already!
Reply 74
Original post by corax
What didn't you like about Sheffield? It looks like a less vibrant version of Manchester to me but I'm going to check it out as it seems to have a good rep.

Aha I know right! Not a lot of people on here seem to be doing Sociology or a least not alone (I've seen people talk about doing joint honours). To be fair, I don't think I'll get in LSE but it's worth a try I suppose.

I've finished it yeah :smile: I just keep putting off finishing my UCAS because I'm so stressed about it all :')

Good luck to you too :biggrin: and Leicester looks really pretty!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I just didn't feel like it was the place for me and I didn't get that 'feeling' I got when seeing Leicester. :smile: Sheffield is a really good university though, I just couldn't picture myself there! Sheffield has these cute little tram like things in the city centre which are sweet. :biggrin:

I know! I've been flicking through all the pages on any forum related to universities or UCAS and no one seems to be doing sociology as a single honours. I guess that could be seen as a good thing as less competition? haha!
Don't say that though, you should believe in yourself! :biggrin: LSE is a really good university, my boyfriend applied to do politics there 3 years ago and got rejected but the number of places they give out for politics compared to the number of applications was very competitive. However, that's politics, I'm sure if you're really passion in your PS you'll get an offer!

I was panicking last week loads about whether I had entered everything in correctly but I took the big leap of faith and sent it! I promise you once you send it you feel a lot better :smile:
Reply 75
I just didn't feel like it was the place for me and I didn't get that 'feeling' I got when seeing Leicester. :smile: Sheffield is a really good university though, I just couldn't picture myself there! Sheffield has these cute little tram like things in the city centre which are sweet. :biggrin:

I know! I've been flicking through all the pages on any forum related to universities or UCAS and no one seems to be doing sociology as a single honours. I guess that could be seen as a good thing as less competition? haha!
Don't say that though, you should believe in yourself! :biggrin: LSE is a really good university, my boyfriend applied to do politics there 3 years ago and got rejected but the number of places they give out for politics compared to the number of applications was very competitive. However, that's politics, I'm sure if you're really passion in your PS you'll get an offer!

I was panicking last week loads about whether I had entered everything in correctly but I took the big leap of faith and sent it! I promise you once you send it you feel a lot better :smile:

Ah I get what you mean that's how I felt when I visited Queen Mary back in September when I was thinking of doing English.

Mm perhaps! And well I still need to send mine to college so they can add the reference :/ I know I should really do it soon!

Are you studying Sociology now btw at A level?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 76
I can't apply for two weeks because my form tutor has failed to do 5-10 minutes worth of changes on my reference since the start of the year, while I have been ready for weeks waiting for the oxbridge people to get out the way.
Just got my reference to go then mine's off!

Applying to:
Plymouth
Hull
Keele
Chester
Worcester :smile:
Waiting on two more acknowledgements...hurry up :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 79
Original post by Lucy96
Waiting on two more acknowledgements...hurry up :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm also waiting for 2 more acknowledgements lol and I still haven't received my welcome letter from UCAS yet :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending