The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Reply 9060
Everything is wrong in my head. I'm scared.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm sort of gone on a forced hunger strike due to financial problems and on top of that I have type 1 diabetes along with an eating disorder and possibly depression. I've been refused help from access to learning fund but the rest of my family are providing for their own children and have nothing to spare (to my knowledge), what with spending their money on holidays and not thinking about other people i.e. myself.
Original post by Gemmer_
Anyone on? :cry:

:hugs: Have a meeting at 6 but here 'til then. Feel free to PM me :smile:
Reply 9063
Once again I'm feeling very low, this time in practical which still has 35 minutes left. This is exactly how I often felt back in sixth form. Caused by stupid reasons though, seeing a boy and girl being touchy feely with each other. The girl is in the same group as me for an assignment. How stupidly pathetic do I have to get? :sad: :cry:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PonchoKid
this may be a random question, but how did you get your phobia diagnosed? i have ornithophobia and emetophobia but to scared to go to the drs about it incase they laugh me out of the surgery :s-smilie:

I realised my phobia would affect me later on if I didn't get it sorted out. I want to be a doctor and in medical school they use dummy patients that set off my panic attacks. My motivation for medicine means a lot more to me than this phobia so I was determined to get help. Its hard I know, and I found it difficult to explain to the doctor because i would start panicking and stuttering. She then realised how serious it was and referred me to a team of psychologists and a phobia therapist for CBT. Don't put off getting treatment because you're scared what they'll think, the only person that will be affected by your decision is you. The phobia will just get worse until it starts affecting every other part of your life. Get help, Its the best thing I ever did xxx
Reply 9065
Original post by purple-duck
:hugs: Have a meeting at 6 but here 'til then. Feel free to PM me :smile:

So sorry, didn't see this until now. Got a friend over now. Will talk later! :hugs:
Reply 9066
Rant. What ****ers does the uni employ in the maintenance department? I emailed them three times in the last week that my bathroom light is going to fail as it had been flickering for several weeks. I have a bit of a habit for DIY* so I managed to work out that the tube was failing. But what do they replace each time? The starter! Simply because it is much cheaper than a tube (~£1 vs £10+). Of course replacing the starter didn't help as that was perfectly fine, but in the meantime the tube has failed and that means I can't have a shower. Under their rules any flickering light or those where there are no others available should be replaced within 4 hours of reporting, but now it has been over a week and still nothing has been done. It even took me to inform them that several lights in the stairs were not working, that had been the case ever since I moved in. Even then they've left one.

* Of course I'm not going to admit this as it clearly says in the tenancy agreement to not attempt any repairs to university property, and also there is a bitch in the residential services office that I want to avoid.
Reply 9067
Original post by avhhs
Rant. What ****ers does the uni employ in the maintenance department? I emailed them three times in the last week that my bathroom light is going to fail as it had been flickering for several weeks. I have a bit of a habit for DIY* so I managed to work out that the tube was failing. But what do they replace each time? The starter! Simply because it is much cheaper than a tube (~£1 vs £10+). Of course replacing the starter didn't help as that was perfectly fine, but in the meantime the tube has failed and that means I can't have a shower. Under their rules any flickering light or those where there are no others available should be replaced within 4 hours of reporting, but now it has been over a week and still nothing has been done. It even took me to inform them that several lights in the stairs were not working, that had been the case ever since I moved in. Even then they've left one.

* Of course I'm not going to admit this as it clearly says in the tenancy agreement to not attempt any repairs to university property, and also there is a bitch in the residential services office that I want to avoid.

Y'know, you might get further on in life if you don't refer to living human beings as 'bitches.' Just an idea for ya.
Reply 9068
Original post by PonchoKid
there was so many tears, i remeber after that call, i went onto a call to rory and he thought i was upset, i was like "nahhhh just chatting to sarah :tongue:" haha

im stuck on this essay though gahhhhh.

i forgot, im sorry :sad:
look out for special packs in the super markets :wink:

We haven't skyped in agesss :frown: you need to stop being so busy! :tongue:

Ooooh, what's it about? Let me know if I can help with anything :smile:

It's okay! I'll definitely go have a look next time I'm there :biggrin:

Original post by IDukem
In the flesh hun, in the flesh...well technically in the digital world...but you get my point :lol: Misse dya too :grin: I'm here, there and everywhere with emotions to be honest buuuuuut i'm trying to keep it together at the seems :redface: How about you? Yeah I will at some point today! I'll be on and off a lot and I'm busier this year than I was last year due to having less days off n'all, so replies won't be as frequent as before. But i'll try to reply to them as quickly as I can :h: :hugs:

I'd be kinda worried if you just popped out of my computer screen to be honest with you :wink:. Woo, I'm glad you missed me :biggrin:. Keeping it together is good :yep: you do seem happier, like I said :smile:. How am I? I think I explained via PM :tongue:. Same, I'm so busy with work it's crazy :frown: so same will most likely go for me too, but I'll try and remember :redface: :hugs:
Reply 9069
Original post by Sarah'

I'd be kinda worried if you just popped out of my computer screen to be honest with you :wink:. Woo, I'm glad you missed me :biggrin:. Keeping it together is good :yep: you do seem happier, like I said :smile:. How am I? I think I explained via PM :tongue:. Same, I'm so busy with work it's crazy :frown: so same will most likely go for me too, but I'll try and remember :redface: :hugs:

Don't lie, you'd hug the hell outta me :wink: Hard not to be honest :yep: I feel happier than before as I said, although it's still a struggle and hard but i'm moving in the right direction...as I said :tongue: I replied to your post first before the PM ya clown :wink: Saaaame :sad: Yeaaaaaah no rushes n'all, but it's great talking to you again :h:...like I said :lol: :hugs:
Reply 9070
Original post by IDukem
Don't lie, you'd hug the hell outta me :wink: Hard not to be honest :yep: I feel happier than before as I said, although it's still a struggle and hard but i'm moving in the right direction...as I said :tongue: I replied to your post first before the PM ya clown :wink: Saaaame :sad: Yeaaaaaah no rushes n'all, but it's great talking to you again :h:...like I said :lol: :hugs:

Yeah, have a real life :jumphug: :wink:. True :tongue: still speaking the words of wisdom months later :redface:. Yeah, I remember reading that...somewhere, think some random PM'ed me it :wink:. Pffft, well I still explained it by PM silly :tongue:. Best thing about PM though is neither of us have to be online, so it can wait and stuff :smile:. I know, it's really great to catch up! This mini reunion has actually made today into a really amazing day :smile: :hugs:

I love how we suddenly go back into our old, oh you've sent me a PM so now I'll reply with an essay so then you have to write an essay back and within like... 5 PM's we'll be onto a new message because we've run out of room :tongue: feels like I haven't even been away! :biggrin:
Reply 9071
Original post by Sarah'
Yeah, have a real life :jumphug: :wink:. True :tongue: still speaking the words of wisdom months later :redface:. Yeah, I remember reading that...somewhere, think some random PM'ed me it :wink:. Pffft, well I still explained it by PM silly :tongue:. Best thing about PM though is neither of us have to be online, so it can wait and stuff :smile:. I know, it's really great to catch up! This mini reunion has actually made today into a really amazing day :smile: :hugs:

I love how we suddenly go back into our old, oh you've sent me a PM so now I'll reply with an essay so then you have to write an essay back and within like... 5 PM's we'll be onto a new message because we've run out of room :tongue: feels like I haven't even been away! :biggrin:

Careful you don't head-butt me in the process of that hug mmkay? :wink: :hugs: Of course, my wisdom got more wisdomy over the months...i'm getting older :tongue: That's quite funny cause I actually sent a pm earlier and I posted something similar also...deja vu FTW!! haha. When you didn't have to if you replied here first silly :wink: Exatcly and I think we elarnt form last time that well real life can catch up with us and we can just take it easy and reply when we can :smile: Likewise actually!! I wasn't feeling great and then this whole mini-reunion shenanigans has lifted my day up and made me smile a bit :h: :hugs:

I was thinking that tooa ctually :lol: I was like "hmmm, how the clucking muck muck has my PM that was like 2 liens long turned into 4 massive paragraphs in a space of 3 or so PMs each!?!?" :lol: That old assclown saying i've ran out of space will come back to haunt us again haha.

I'll reply to your pm a bit later, i'll do some assignment work first!! :hugs:
Reply 9072
Sitting eating a tub of cookie dough ice cream with tasha96 :awesome: :dance:
Reply 9073
Original post by Gemmer_
Sitting eating a tub of cookie dough ice cream with tasha96 :awesome: :dance:

Oh you guys know each other? That's nice :smile:

Is it Ben and Jerrys?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9074
Original post by james1211
Oh you guys know each other? That's nice :smile:

Is it Ben and Jerrys?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Since the first year of high school, yes! :u:
Unfortunately no- it's asdas chosen by you range of ice cream. :tongue:
Original post by james1211
Is it Ben and Jerrys?
I thought it was Gemmer and Tashas???
Reply 9076
Original post by los lobos marinos
I thought it was Gemmer and Tashas???

Haha that's a very good point :cool:
Original post by rmhumphries
FYI: While you can rant here if you like, then others can still call you out on things. No need to have a go at Sultana.
The thing is though, it was defined as a rant in the first instance. By definition, that means the argument may well end up being personalised.

Far better to rant here and to let it all out than to have it all build up inside until it explodes in the real world.

I thought that is what this thread is all about - to let your thoughts and feelings out WITHOUT being judged.:argh:
Original post by avhhs
I think I'll get much further as it is, thank you very much. What bit about it being a rant do you not ****ing get? Yes, she is a bitch, see I said that again. You know why? Because previously she had a go at me when I managed to stop the fridge from leaking while I was waiting for them to come and check it, and having a go at me for causing the long standing problem with the lift sometimes not opening on the ground floor. I am really angry about them not following the procedures correctly resulting in something that should have been avoided. They once again lied to me earlier in order to hide their incompetence. It will be fixed this evening MY ARSE :angry:

Is there anyone else u can contact in order to make them get their **** together? Surely if you take photos and past correspondence as proof of their failure to adhere to a contract, you can do something about it?

It is sad how far you have to go nowadays to get people to do what they say they are going to do. I think almost everyone has had a lot of grief from some company or group of people, where u do the best you can, be as nice as possible, but you just get ignored. Over, and over, and over again. In the end they basically force you to be nasty, because otherwise they won't do anything,

As you can tell, me and some of my family have had a similar situation recently, where due to some peoples incompetence they have been put under ridiculous stress and have lost a LOT of money, simply because people are being seriously awkward and hard to deal with.
Original post by los lobos marinos
The thing is though, it was defined as a rant in the first instance. By definition, that means the argument may well end up being personalised.

Far better to rant here and to let it all out than to have it all build up inside until it explodes in the real world.

I thought that is what this thread is all about - to let your thoughts and feelings out WITHOUT being judged.:argh:

If I was to have a rant (even here) which was sexist, I would expect to be called up on it. While here should be a relatively 'free / safe' space, you still don't have a completely free rein - and imo Sultana's comment did not deserve the backlash it generated. If you want to be able to rant without being called up on anything, you can easily start a free blog on the internet.

That is also ignoring the fact that there is always a chance rants like that could cause triggers for people on here who have PTSD. It is also ignoring the other issue that this is in public domain, and there is always a chance of TSR account being linked to real-life (and have RL consequences).
(edited 10 years ago)

Latest