The Student Room Group

Mathematics Offers..

So.. Anyone got an offer for Maths yet?
Only submitted my application around a week ago, but the anxiety's already killing me

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Swarley1
So.. Anyone got an offer for Maths yet?
Only submitted my application around a week ago, but the anxiety's already killing me

Hi, I've had offers from Birmingham(AAA),and Warwick (offer in prospectus). How're you getting along?
Reply 2
Nothing yet. Just had the MAT test for Oxford and Imperial, so they're out of the question. But just waiting on Durham, Bristol and LSE.

Where else have you applied?
Reply 3
I have received two, York (AAA) and Nottingham (A*mat AFmat B)
EDIT: A*A*A was a mistake, whoops!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4
Has anyone got an offer from Liverpool

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by oldcat
I have received two, York (AAA) and Nottingham (A*mat A*Fmat B)

Hello,
I'm also applying to Nottingham, when did you apply and when did you receive your offer? My application was sent off on 31st October and I have yet to receive and acknolwedgement from them - should I be chasing them up for this?
Also A*A*B - that's a high offer - isn't it normally A*AA - A*AA - is there a reason your offer is A*A*B - is it because you've already achieved A*A* ?
Thanks!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Phoebusmoon
Hi, I've had offers from Birmingham(AAA),and Warwick (offer in prospectus). How're you getting along?

Hello,
Congrats on the offers! I'm also applying to Warwick, when did your UCAS application get sent off and when did you receive your offer? I'm just wondering how long I should be waiting! :P
Thanks! :smile:
Original post by Swarley1
Nothing yet. Just had the MAT test for Oxford and Imperial, so they're out of the question. But just waiting on Durham, Bristol and LSE.

Where else have you applied?

I've applied to almost exactly the same unis as you! (apart from Warwick instead of Bristol) Oxford and Imperial are also out of the question for me, but I've had an offer from Warwick :smile: Would you mind if I asked what your average maths UMS is? (I haven't seen that many Durham maths applicants on TSR)

Good luck everyone!
Reply 8
Original post by willfowler
Hello,
I'm also applying to Nottingham, when did you apply and when did you receive your offer? My application was sent off on 31st October and I have yet to receive and acknolwedgement from them - should I be chasing them up for this?
Also A*A*B - that's a high offer - isn't it normally A*AA - A*AA - is there a reason your offer is A*A*B - is it because you've already achieved A*A* ?
Thanks!

Aaah. My apologies, A*AB Was my offer, corrected now :smile:
I sent my application off on the 14th October and I received my offer from Nottingham on the 6th of November. My offer may be a little unusual because I'm applying under extenuating circumstances. Good luck with yours!
Reply 9
Original post by oldcat
Aaah. My apologies, A*AB Was my offer, corrected now :smile:
I sent my application off on the 14th October and I received my offer from Nottingham on the 6th of November. My offer may be a little unusual because I'm applying under extenuating circumstances. Good luck with yours!

Thank you for the rapid reply! :biggrin: Thank you, I was just gauging how long they take to get back to you! One last question, did you get an acknowledgement email of your application?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 10
Thank for the rapid reply! :biggrin: Thank you, I was just gauging how long they take to get back to you! One last question, did you get an acknowledgement email of your application?

I did indeed! A very fine way to end a bad day (and week) is checking emails and both track and Nottingham have emailed you!
Original post by oldcat
I did indeed! A very fine way to end a bad day (and week) is checking emails and both track and Nottingham have emailed you!

So they only seem to acknowledge you when they've made a decision?
Hello,
Congrats on the offers! I'm also applying to Warwick, when did your UCAS application get sent off and when did you receive your offer? I'm just wondering how long I should be waiting! :P
Thanks! :smile:

Ahh thanks :smile: erm.. I applied on the 7th of October and received the offer on the 11th of October. I think the early application helped with getting a quick response though so don't be too worried if you don't hear from them soon! Where else have you applied to? And have you heard from any of your other choices? :tongue:
Ahh thanks :smile: erm.. I applied on the 7th of October and received the offer on the 11th of October. I think the early application helped with getting a quick response though so don't be too worried if you don't hear from them soon! Where else have you applied to? And have you heard from any of your other choices? :tongue:

Ooh awesome! That fits with a theory I have that there was some sort of a 10th October cut off because on the Mathematics 2014 tracking page no one who applied after 10th October has an offer from Warwick. I've heard Warwick do their offers sporadically so I'm not too worried. I've applied to Warwick, Bath, Southampton, Nottingham and Cardiff. All but Nottingham have acknowledged my application. Southampton have invited me to a visit day with an 'informal interview'! That's all I've heard! What about yourself besides Warwick and Birmingham?
(edited 10 years ago)
Ooh awesome! That fits with a theory I have that there was some sort of a 10th October cut off because on the Mathematics 2014 tracking page no one who applied after 10th October has an offer from Warwick. I've heard Warwick do their offers sporadically so I'm not too worried. I've applied to Warwick, Bath, Southampton, Nottingham and Cardiff. All but Nottingham have acknowledged my application. Southampton have invited me to a visit day with an 'informal interview'! That's all I've heard! What about yourself besides Warwick and Birmingham?

I applied to Cambridge, Warwick, Birmingham, Bristol and Leeds in total. Apart from Warwick and Birmingham I haven't had any offers. I did get rejected by Cambridge though, although it hasn't come up on track so maybe I'll get pooled? HOPEFULLY! :frown: Good luck with your choices :smile:
I applied to Cambridge, Warwick, Birmingham, Bristol and Leeds in total. Apart from Warwick and Birmingham I haven't had any offers. I did get rejected by Cambridge though, although it hasn't come up on track so maybe I'll get pooled? HOPEFULLY! :frown: Good luck with your choices :smile:

Good choices there. Awww man :/ Unlucky! I don't know how Cambridge offers work but I hope you get pooled too!! :smile: Thank you! Good luck with yours, especially Cambridge! :smile:
Reply 16
So they only seem to acknowledge you when they've made a decision?

They acknowledged me when they received the application then they contacted me when they made me an offer alongside the track notification :smile:

A rejection is a rejection. You can only get pooled if you get to interview, and even then they tell you that you have been pooled rather than rejected. Cambridge are just slow with Track sometimes.

Is your Birmingham offer to the MSci or BSc?
Original post by aaaarroonnn
Is your Birmingham offer to the MSci or BSc?

It's to the MSci :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest