The Student Room Group

What are people's current UCAS application situation ?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by corax
A* in Photography, A in English Lit+Lang and A/B in Politics, and I'm doing General Studies as well, which Lancaster Uni actually accept!

What about you? :smile:

Wow that's great! I've been predicted A in Sociology, B in English literature and B in English language but I think I could get A in both to be fair, just have strict teachers haha! I saw they accepted General studies which annoyed me because I'm not doing it! :frown: never mind!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Going to have a triple period on Thursday with my teacher to finish my UCAS and send it off.
Reply 102
Original post by Kateeeee
Wow that's great! I've been predicted A in Sociology, B in English literature and B in English language but I think I could get A in both to be fair, just have strict teachers haha! I saw they accepted General studies which annoyed me because I'm not doing it! :frown: never mind!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks and that's great too! :biggrin: and at AS we got made to take General Studies, and we've been given the option now of doing it at A2 and so many people have dropped it as they think it's pointless - which is what I thought until I realised some Uni's do accept it aha!
Is anyone in the situation in with very low AS grades.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well... I sent my UCAS to my tutor for her to write my reference and send it off. This was 2 weeks ago, she still hasn't sent it off :frown:
Reply 105
Original post by corax
Thanks and that's great too! :biggrin: and at AS we got made to take General Studies, and we've been given the option now of doing it at A2 and so many people have dropped it as they think it's pointless - which is what I thought until I realised some Uni's do accept it aha!

Ha-ha thank you! I was also made to do it at AS, but as you said, I didn't realise a few universities accepted it and basically thought it was pointless and didn't try very hard in the exam! Never mind :smile:
Reply 106
How long does the welcome letter take to come from UCAS? And am I right that you can't log into Track without it? UCAS form sent last Wednesday, emails from 4 Unis saying they had received it by Monday, but still no letter from UCAS. It does come in the post doesn't it rather than by email?
Original post by puzzledg
How long does the welcome letter take to come from UCAS? And am I right that you can't log into Track without it? UCAS form sent last Wednesday, emails from 4 Unis saying they had received it by Monday, but still no letter from UCAS. It does come in the post doesn't it rather than by email?

Your Track ID is usually your Ucas Id without the dashes, so try that.
Reply 108
Original post by carnationlilyrose
Your Track ID is usually your Ucas Id without the dashes, so try that.

Thanks.
My application is finished but hasn't been sent to UCAS yet because the reference has not been written and attached. Applying; Liverpool-Law with Criminology; LJMU-Law and Criminal Justice; Leeds Met-Law; UCLan- Law with Criminology and Oxford Brookes-Law. Really want to get in to my first choice. :smile:
Reply 110
Original post by The_Blade
Is anyone in the situation in with very low AS grades.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep...all my teachers (except 1) has bothered to raise my predicted grade by at least 1, but the other 2 has kept it at my AS grade. There aren't that many universities I could apply for that have my predicted grades :frown: Despite that, they're not all fails.
Anyone heard back from newcastle? And how long did it take you to hear back?

same for st andrews and loughborough if anyone has :P
Original post by ChloeBazingaa
Anyone heard back from newcastle? And how long did it take you to hear back?

same for st andrews and loughborough if anyone has :P

What subject are you applying for? I applied for History, got my offer yesterday after confirmation email on Saturday of application :biggrin: However, I'm on the "Realising Opportunities" programme so that might be one of the reasons I heard so quickly :smile:
Reply 113
Just received my first offer today :biggrin:
Reply 114
Original post by SP10
Just received my first offer today :biggrin:

Congrats! :biggrin:
Reply 115
Done and sent off to the referee. Still need to wait and see when the school sends it off, hope its sometime soon:

Bsc Economics :smile:

UCL
Queen Mary
Manchester
Surrey
Leicester
Reply 116
Original post by Cola_23
Congrats! :biggrin:

Thanks! It was from Surrey for Economics and Finance btw :smile:
Mine got sent Friday and I already have 2 offers :smile:
I applied for international tourism management at
*Cardiff Met (1st choice)
*Swansea
*Lincoln
*East London
*Sunderland

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sent mine to my school earlier so all depends on them now!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by goodmorningworld
What subject are you applying for? I applied for History, got my offer yesterday after confirmation email on Saturday of application :biggrin: However, I'm on the "Realising Opportunities" programme so that might be one of the reasons I heard so quickly :smile:

Is that the partners scheme? Or something different?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending