The Student Room Group

UCAS 2014: Decisions Discussion Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Lyko
I have applied to Oxford, Imperial, UCL, Birmingham and Southampton :smile:.

Nice. I was considering Birmingham but decided I wouldn't like the city a whole lot.
Original post by goodmorningworld
I'm applying for Sheffield, well for a different course. Well done, when did your application get forwarded? I'm waiting for my track letter with my login on, hope I get an offer - it looks lovely! :biggrin:

Thank you!
The 19th of September I think it was so agesss ago. Good luck, ill sure you'll be fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
Original post by TSR561
Nice. I was considering Birmingham but decided I wouldn't like the city a whole lot.

HI , i was thinking about Warwick for CS, but the city seems very dull place to be!! Do you happen to know anything else abοut the course there?Also do you know anything about CS in Glasgow ?
I am predicted as 39 in IB and I am thinking of Glasgow to be my safe choice .Can you propose me another similar univeristy for safe choice in the south of Uk?

thanks
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 23
Original post by TSR561

Well, to be honest, the cities themselves weren't a deciding reason for me. I liked Birmingham's course, especially because they offer a Software Engineering option.
Original post by FallenSky
Application sent: 5th October 2013

Uni: Edinburgh

Course: Geology (MSci)

Decision: Offer

Offer grades: AAA

Date of Offer received: 15th October 2013

Reaction: Leapt off stage in middle of my orchestra rehearsal to tell my geology teacher when I saw him walk past the hall!

Application sent: 5th October 2013

Uni: Bristol

Course: Geology with Study Abroad

Offer grades: AAB

Date of Offer received: 15th October 2013

Posted from TSR Mobile

When did your school submit your application to UCAS?

Posted from TSR Mobile
ajayshah95
I applied for LSE as well . Did LSE give you offer after the two-week limit?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by ajayshah95
Application sent: 2nd October
Uni: London School of Economics (LSE)
Course: Geography and Economics
Decision [Offer/Rejection]: Offer
Offer Grades: AAA
Date Offer Received: 18th October
Reaction: Was at the bus stop, started looking around but no one to tell so I ended up calling people till my phone died :biggrin:

This is a beautiful offer :')
Reaction: Was at the bus stop, started looking around but no one to tell so I ended up calling people till my phone died :biggrin:

Dude, LSE's already started giving out offers? :O Congratulations!
Reply 28
Original post by yl95
Dude, LSE's already started giving out offers? :O Congratulations!

Yeah, my friend who goes there says it's really early but apparently so haha. Both me and a friend got an offer on Friday, the others haven't heard from LSE yet. Thank you!
Yeah, my friend who goes there says it's really early but apparently so haha. Both me and a friend got an offer on Friday, the others haven't heard from LSE yet. Thank you!

Ah, my two LSE Econ applicant friends have got an email asking for their UMS marks and one telling them that they are succesfully through to the next stage of the application.

I have no offers yet but since all of mine interview, I shouldn't be getting one too soon.
Reply 30
Original post by boateng
is it just me or is everybody on the student room smart? i feel like the dumbest person on here

So far I've only got one rejection so don't worry! I think most people who get rejections don't post about it on here :P

Original post by ChemicalBond
Application sent: 11th October
Uni: UWE Bristol
Course: Environmental science
Offer grades: Unconditional
Date offer received: 22nd October
Reaction: Yay, back up choice (in case I don't get offered by Plymouth).

Unconditional offer! Well done :biggrin:

Really well done!
How many email did lse send you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by boateng
is it just me or is everybody on the student room smart? i feel like the dumbest person on here

You're not, but you just think you are.
Reply 33
Original post by HarryG-----1996
Really well done!
How many email did lse send you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

2, first said that they received the application and were reviewing it which would take two weeks. Second said " The Selector will be making further academic assessments on your qualifications and personal statement" which will take up to 5 weeks. Third email was the offer.
2, first said that they received the application and were reviewing it which would take two weeks. Second said " The Selector will be making further academic assessments on your qualifications and personal statement" which will take up to 5 weeks. Third email was the offer.

How long does it take for them to give you the offer

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 35
How long does it take for them to give you the offer

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not sure, the second e-mail states it can take up to 5 weeks but I got an offer after 4 days.
I'm not sure, the second e-mail states it can take up to 5 weeks but I got an offer after 4 days.

Congrats man.
Hope I can get an offer from them soon as well

Posted from TSR Mobile
So anxious now after knowing so many people have got offers already :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 38
When did your school submit your application to UCAS?

Posted from TSR Mobile

School sent it on the 5th :smile:
Reply 39
So anxious now after knowing so many people have got offers already :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same! People that sent theirs on Monday have 2 offers already, I haven't heard a squeak and I applied 3 weeks ago :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending