The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Sent my application off on the 9th Oct. Got my first offer from Leeds yesterday for History! 👍

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 241
Original post by gracelich
Sent my application off on the 9th Oct. Got my first offer from Leeds yesterday for History! 👍

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations!
Original post by BlossomS
Haha I hadn't thought it was funny at the time :wink: And I've already been in a road accident once...I can imagine what the headlines might've been 'Girl, 17, dies because of an email' :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile

OMG STOP IT YOU ARE KILLING ME ! :') really?! oh jesus, i'm sorry! let's hope that when we actually do get the offer email (hopefully!) that we don't faint! :biggrin:
I sent mine yesterday (well my college sent it to ucas) one of my choices received it at 13:24 and responded with an offer at 13:26.
Reply 244
Sent my application off on Friday and received an offer for Economics and Finance at Surrey today :biggrin:
Reply 245
Original post by WestCountryLaLa
I sent mine yesterday (well my college sent it to ucas) one of my choices received it at 13:24 and responded with an offer at 13:26.

:confused:
How the...? What uni & course? :smile: Plus, congrats!
Original post by Paramore<3
:confused:
How the...? What uni & course? :smile: Plus, congrats!

I know right! How on earth could they have looked through it?

Staffordshire Uni to do Law, was my back up choice so go that to fall back on :biggrin:
Reply 247
I know right! How on earth could they have looked through it?

Staffordshire Uni to do Law, was my back up choice so go that to fall back on :biggrin:

Aah, I saw someone else with a crazy quick offer from Staffs. They must really want you! :biggrin: Awesome, nice to have that bit of security!
Aah, I saw someone else with a crazy quick offer from Staffs. They must really want you! :biggrin: Awesome, nice to have that bit of security!

Yeah they must just look at predicted grades or something!

Where have you applied to, if you don't mind me asking? :smile:
sent my application off today, the tense waiting begins! I'll have to try and concentrate on school work for now but the ucas stuff will always be at the back of my mind.
Original post by Robbie242
Congrats Lucy! :biggrin:

Btw did it update on both track and email or just track?

Thank you Robbie :biggrin:

Just track :smile:
Reply 251
Yeah they must just look at predicted grades or something!

Where have you applied to, if you don't mind me asking? :smile:

Must be!

Cambridge, Exeter, Leeds, Reading and Sussex for Geography. :smile: Got an offer from Reading yesterday - though that took a week, rather than 2 minutes! :redface: Where else did you go for?
Must be!

Cambridge, Exeter, Leeds, Reading and Sussex for Geography. :smile: Got an offer from Reading yesterday - though that took a week, rather than 2 minutes! :redface: Where else did you go for?

Ahh I was in 2 minds between Law or Geography! I'm only predicted BBC so have applied to-

University of Northampton
Nottingham Trent University
Anglia Ruskin University (Chelmsford)
Southampton Solent.

The one I really want is Northampton :biggrin:
Reply 253
Ahh I was in 2 minds between Law or Geography! I'm only predicted BBC so have applied to-

University of Northampton
Nottingham Trent University
Anglia Ruskin University (Chelmsford)
Southampton Solent.

The one I really want is Northampton :biggrin:

Ah, no way! :biggrin: What a traitor... :colone:

Good choices though. I've got family down in Chelmsford, heart and soul of Essex, haha. Best of luck, hope you get Northampton then!
Ah, no way! :biggrin: What a traitor... :colone:

Good choices though. I've got family down in Chelmsford, heart and soul of Essex, haha. Best of luck, hope you get Northampton then!

Haha! I know! Still love geography!

Chelmsford is a really nice place so, if I get an offer it will be a tough decision!

Thanks!
Original post by BlossomS
CONGRATULATIONS! :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you so much :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I sent my on the Thursday before last week,haven't got any offer or decline yet

Posted from TSR Mobile
I imagine people are much more reluctant to come on here and talk about their rejections, but it seems as if virtually no one has been unsuccessful so far. The pattern amongst universities who don't apply the 'gathered field' approach, i.e. wait until all applications are in on Jan 15th before doing anything, seems usually to be to offer the dead certs a place, reject the hopeless and then sit on those in the middle until the picture becomes clearer. On that basis, there could be about the same number of rejections as offers so far. Happy for all those people who have had good news. Hope those who haven't aren't quietly losing heart. There are many stages to go until it's game over, and it only takes one offer.
Reply 258
Original post by Lucy96
Thank you so much :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're most welcome! Good luck with the remaining ones! :biggrin:
Reply 259
Original post by Gotzz
I feel exactly the same!! Why is this so painful?!

Let's hang in there!! This isn't the end yet, hardly even the beginning so we'll have to keep hope! No pain, no gain as they say :redface:

Original post by HollyOnIce
OMG STOP IT YOU ARE KILLING ME ! :') really?! oh jesus, i'm sorry! let's hope that when we actually do get the offer email (hopefully!) that we don't faint! :biggrin:

Sorry lol that's alright, all in the past now but never the teasing jokes from friends XD I have two beds on either side of my desk, therefore if I'm going down, I'll hit soft ground :biggrin: (that rhymed!.... Alright I have officially lost it, time to get off TSR and do some mechanics....)

Latest

Trending

Trending