The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Reply 9140
They still haven't fixed the light, what is their ****ing problem? I had to resort to getting a small torch to use in the bathroom otherwise I wouldn't be able to have a shower, and I really needed it. I am so tempted sometimes to replace the tube myself but I should not have to spend £10 unnecessarily.
Original post by IDukem
I feel a bit overwhelmed, but I manage to speak to the deputy and head of department about me and my fragile little world today and they said they'll try their hardest to help through it all. You have no idea how much that meant to me!! It's not one of them times where I talk about my life n'all and they're like "what a shame" and sweep it under a rug. These two people have said they'll give me meetings with them and we can chat and help me out with some future shenanigans and everything. :biggrin:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! :hugs: For all.

I'm so glad that's worked out so well! Good job on getting the courage to mention it, because it isn't easy to talk about that kinda stuff openly :smile:

Remember it was you that decided to speak about it to try and get help, it was you that found the courage to do it. When you feel low, remember that you can be strong :smile:
growing up is so ****ing scary.
i just want everything to run smoothely but im scared ill **** up along the way, i can just feel it :frown:
Original post by avhhs
They still haven't fixed the light, what is their ****ing problem? I had to resort to getting a small torch to use in the bathroom otherwise I wouldn't be able to have a shower, and I really needed it. I am so tempted sometimes to replace the tube myself but I should not have to spend £10 unnecessarily.

On that note, in my first year, our bathroom light was broken for a week or two, I just showered by using a mini-maglight - it was fairly romantic (albeit I was showering by myself :tongue:)

Did this again in the house I was in last year, as it had a special lightbulb, so showered during the day or by mini-maglight at night until the landlord replaced it.
Reply 9144
Original post by PonchoKid
but you can always loose it again though hun

Spoiler

oooooh cookies and scape sounds good :yep: you never know, i may pop on in a bit :tongue:

This is true...

Spoiler

It was good, and then all the ****ing stupid **** ****ing drama started :bawling:. I really need tomorrow to be a good day...
Original post by Sarah'
This is true...

Spoiler

It was good, and then all the ****ing stupid **** ****ing drama started :bawling:. I really need tomorrow to be a good day...

Spoiler

Ignore all the drama there hun go collect runes :tongue:

Youll be ok i promise :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by avhhs

You should pretend you're in a post-apocalyptic zombie wasteland, with no electricity and using only your wits and a sawn-off shotgun to survive. Facing the prospect of near-certain death (and un-death) will soon put your lighting problems into perspective. :tongue:
Original post by Meaty_man
x

Thank you! :redface: :hugs:
Just counting down the days 'til my appointment - find out if this is anything to properly worry about or not :s-smilie:
Reply 9148
Original post by rmhumphries
On that note, in my first year, our bathroom light was broken for a week or two, I just showered by using a mini-maglight - it was fairly romantic (albeit I was showering by myself :tongue:)

Did this again in the house I was in last year, as it had a special lightbulb, so showered during the day or by mini-maglight at night until the landlord replaced it.

There is no window in the bathroom which is the major problem. Unfortunately I made a mistake though - at Poundland I had the choice between a bike light and another torch which I already have 2 of back home. I went for the bike light because I thought it would be brighter but the body of it just partially disintegrated, and 2 of the 5 LEDs are already dying. Easily the worst quality thing I've ever bought from Poundland :sad:. Although it still works, the button doesn't and the clip snapped easily too.

Original post by superwolf
You should pretend you're in a post-apocalyptic zombie wasteland, with no electricity and using only your wits and a sawn-off shotgun to survive. Facing the prospect of near-certain death (and un-death) will soon put your lighting problems into perspective. :tongue:

:laugh: :tongue:
Original post by avhhs
There is no window in the bathroom which is the major problem. Unfortunately I made a mistake though - at Poundland I had the choice between a bike light and another torch which I already have 2 of back home. I went for the bike light because I thought it would be brighter but the body of it just partially disintegrated, and 2 of the 5 LEDs are already dying. Easily the worst quality thing I've ever bought from Poundland :sad:. Although it still works, the button doesn't and the clip snapped easily too.

:laugh: :tongue:

Aye - in my last house there was a window, so if I showered during the day I was ok. My first year halls didn't have a window, I am telling you - get a (mini-)maglight; it will make your shower times 200% more romantic - and make you forget the bulb is broken, and make you think about who you want to join you :tongue:

I usually stay clear of poundland for things that are not food/drink - their electrical stuff breaks too easily in my opinion. I got my mini-maglight for less than £10, and it has lasted me at least 6 years - possibly as many as 8, I imagine if I had bought poundland torches I would have gone through more than 10 by now.
Original post by superwolf

PRSOM. Damn you TSR! :shakecane:
I deffinately didnt nearly just cry when my boyfriend was discussing a halloween party with me. New people and things is scary atm :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9152
4am and no sleep yet. Been lying in my bed for what seems a lifetime. :cry:
Why must I go through the same routine every night?
Original post by Gemmer_
4am and no sleep yet. Been lying in my bed for what seems a lifetime. :cry:
Why must I go through the same routine every night?

Have you tried "sleep hygiene" stuff? If you have and are still having trouble sleeping, have you thought about asking your gp for something? First line might be something like promethazine which isn't addictive (I think you can buy it OTC in Britain).

I know how frustrating it is when you can't sleep. :console:
Reply 9154
Enormous storm here :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9155
Original post by Sabertooth
Have you tried "sleep hygiene" stuff? If you have and are still having trouble sleeping, have you thought about asking your gp for something? First line might be something like promethazine which isn't addictive (I think you can buy it OTC in Britain).

I know how frustrating it is when you can't sleep. :console:

I've tried herbal teas and home remedies. I've also been to the doctor, I've had most of the prescribed sleeping medication as well as the over the counter stuff. I think I'll go back, it's really frustrating. :hugs:
Original post by PonchoKid
I deffinately didnt nearly just cry when my boyfriend was discussing a halloween party with me. New people and things is scary atm :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:hugs: It's good to push yourself a little out of your comfort zone sometimes, and hopefully you'll have lots of fun once you get there. :smile:
Reply 9157
Is anyone online? :cry:
Original post by Gemmer_
Is anyone online? :cry:

Yeah, me.
Reply 9159
Original post by Nathanielle
Yeah, me.

Hi. I don't believe we've met before? Correct me if I'm wrong. :smile:

Latest