The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Uni of Manchester Freshers 2014-15

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
has anyone got a offer for law yet? or am i the only one who is still waiting ??? :jumphug::colondollar::yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by iamnotthewalrus
Interview on 6th November for German and Russian :-)

Good luck!! I was supposed to come for an interview on that day too, but they moved it to the 27th November because I'm applying for European Studies and German and German Studies...

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm applying for optometry at Manchester :smile:
I just got an invitation to interview at Manchester on the 6th of November (really soon) for biochemistry. In the email it said we're allowed to bring a guest, and this raised two questions:
1. Firstly, is it common practice for applicants to bring up a parent/guardian or similar?
2. Secondly, to what extent do the aforementioned guests accompany you during the day?

Thanks. Will
Original post by FlyHigh_er
Oh nice, how do you like Manchester? Why did you choose it? :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm a third year now, and I love Manchester - I've never regretted coming here at all. Why did I choose it? A variety of reasons - the course had a fairly unique structure, I liked the look of the modules on offer, Manchester is a world class uni, Manchester is a big city, and it's far enough away from home!
Original post by William Turtle
I just got an invitation to interview at Manchester on the 6th of November (really soon) for biochemistry. In the email it said we're allowed to bring a guest, and this raised two questions:
1. Firstly, is it common practice for applicants to bring up a parent/guardian or similar?
2. Secondly, to what extent do the aforementioned guests accompany you during the day?

Thanks. Will

1. Many applicants will bring someone, but it's not required. The university isn't busting a gut to have you bring a guest along at all - if students turn up independently then so much the better tbh.
2. Not a clue for biochemistry, but I have known one department actively get rid of parents during interviews by sending them on a campus tour. Things like parent sections of open days are there because parents want them, not because universities think it is necessary / desirable.
Reply 186
Anyone applying here for German Studies? Any idea if they interview for Modern Lang degrees? :smile:
Original post by EmmyChoob
Anyone applying here for German Studies? Any idea if they interview for Modern Lang degrees? :smile:

I've applied for German and Russian and I've been invited for an interview on November 6th, so apparently so! Viele Glückwünsche! :smile:
Original post by Origami Bullets
I'm a third year now, and I love Manchester - I've never regretted coming here at all. Why did I choose it? A variety of reasons - the course had a fairly unique structure, I liked the look of the modules on offer, Manchester is a world class uni, Manchester is a big city, and it's far enough away from home!

Ooh, it's the same for me, I like the modules, it's a few hours from home and it's v good for my course but I'm not sure between my top 3. I like all of them but I think when I go and visit them I'll know which I'd like to go to.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 189
Original post by iamnotthewalrus
I've applied for German and Russian and I've been invited for an interview on November 6th, so apparently so! Viele Glückwünsche! :smile:
Ohh I see, so are you an early applicant then? My school doesn't send off applications 'till November 5th! Best of luck with that!
Original post by William Turtle

Thanks. Will

I'll see you there, another biochem interviewee here. I'm not taking any guests, but I'm pretty sure it won't affect anything whatsoever if you do.
Original post by Origami Bullets
1. Many applicants will bring someone, but it's not required. The university isn't busting a gut to have you bring a guest along at all - if students turn up independently then so much the better tbh.
2. Not a clue for biochemistry, but I have known one department actively get rid of parents during interviews by sending them on a campus tour. Things like parent sections of open days are there because parents want them, not because universities think it is necessary / desirable.

Reply 192
Original post by LilyElise
I have a biological sciences interview on the 6th :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah cool! Where are you coming from, if you don't mind me asking? :tongue:
I'm really excited, applied for the 4 year course with industrial experience and there are a few chances to go abroad :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EmmyChoob

I applied for German Studies too!! And yes, they generally interview for MFL :smile: I'm not going to the first interview date though, so if you're going at a later date, I shall probs see you there :smile:
Original post by Tayla013
Ah cool! Where are you coming from, if you don't mind me asking? :tongue:
I'm really excited, applied for the 4 year course with industrial experience and there are a few chances to go abroad :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've applied for year in industry too! Im coming from Leeds, so not too far :smile: what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 195
Original post by LilyElise
I've applied for year in industry too! Im coming from Leeds, so not too far :smile: what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's SO exciting! On most courses you can go abroad for a term at the beginning of the second year and the list of uni's you can go to is so longggg :biggrin:

Coming from London, long day of travelling but will be worth it :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 196
So does anyone know what the physics interviews are like post-2012?
Original post by alephcipher
I'll see you there, another biochem interviewee here. I'm not taking any guests, but I'm pretty sure it won't affect anything whatsoever if you do.

Ahh, okay. I was just thinking it'd be weird if I was alone and everyone else had someone with them. I think I'll go down the same route. See you there, perhaps.
Original post by Tayla013
It's SO exciting! On most courses you can go abroad for a term at the beginning of the second year and the list of uni's you can go to is so longggg :biggrin:

Coming from London, long day of travelling but will be worth it :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

The industry links are amazing, it just seems like the perfect course doesn't it ! Wow...London is a long way !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 199
Does anyone know if they interview for BEconSc?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest