The Student Room Group

LLB Law at SOAS or History at Queen Mary?

which one
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
bump
Reply 2
Original post by HK786
I need to decide between the two courses as soon as possible, I'm interested in them both pretty equally and both the Universities appeal to me. What it comes down to is the respectability and employability of the two degrees. I want to go into Law most likely as a career but I don't want to limit my self and want to be employable across the board. Which is the better degree?

I got ABB in my A-levels

I would greatly appreciate any advice.

late bump but don't SOAS want A*AA for Law?
Reply 3
Original post by sammyvine
late bump but don't SOAS want A*AA for Law?

From his previous threads he went to SOAS with ABB so i reckon SOAS are lenient. I also think he made the right decision. :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Kutta
From his previous threads he went to SOAS with ABB so i reckon SOAS are lenient. I also think he made the right decision. :smile:

Oh wow this gives me hope....as I want to go to SOAS...

Was this through clearing?
Reply 5
Oh wow this gives me hope....as I want to go to SOAS...

Was this through clearing?

I took a look at clearing even though I just finished my A/S this august.

I saw SOAS, Brunel, Southampton I think QMUL all in clearing for Law. Can't be sure on QM but others I'm certain.
Reply 6
Original post by goonermk

I saw SOAS, Brunel, Southampton I think QMUL all in clearing for Law. Can't be sure on QM but others I'm certain.

Oh wow.......

I saw SOAS, Southampton but didn't see QMUL when I checked..

I pray next year SOAS are in clearing again....
Reply 7
Original post by goonermk

Oh wow.......

I saw SOAS, Southampton but didn't see QMUL when I checked..

I pray next year SOAS are in clearing again....

good luck
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by HK786
Queen Mary were in clearing with AAB. I was so lucky to get in to SOAS with ABB. I think it's because of the new policy that allows Universities to take an unlimited number of pupils with ABB+ without getting fined. It may eventually lead to a 2-tier system with those with A
Reply 9
Original post by HK786
Queen Mary were in clearing with AAB. I was so lucky to get in to SOAS with ABB. I think it's because of the new policy that allows Universities to take an unlimited number of pupils with ABB+ without getting fined. It may eventually lead to a 2-tier system with those with ABB+ going to the top Universities and those without to the lesser ones.

I didn't know queen mary was in clearing....maybe the places went quickly because when I looked i only saw SOAS:eek:

Oh so there is actually a new policy now? I didn't know about that:confused:

I also agree with your last comment it will deffo lead to a two tier system.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending