The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 620
Original post by snwh
What are your academics like? Currently I'm attempting to size up my competition :wink:

12A*s at GCSE. 5A's at AS Level, and predicted 5A*s. Those are in Biology, Maths, Chemistry, History and Irish. My personal statement is poor though. How about you? :smile:
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by frenchstud74
But what's written in this "5 weeks email" ???

Posted from TSR Mobile

The email states the application is strong enough to be considered further by the programme selector. The applicant will receive an update within five weeks.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 622
Original post by AadityaOwaisShah
Anyone received a two week e-mail for law?

I just got mine yesterday....worried that means rejection...

FYI for those who are applying for Law.

Sent my application on the 8th, received the 'two week' e-mail on the 14th and then received the 'five week' e-mail on the 17th.

6 days for the two-week e-mail and 3 days for the five-week.

Please don't stress if you haven't received the five-week e-mail yet, they have an enormous amount of applications to go through.
But what's written in this "5 weeks email" ???

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you have received the 5 week email after the 2 week email it means you have survived the first filter of applications so it is good news.
Original post by josiejo1970
If you have received the 5 week email after the 2 week email it means you have survived the first filter of applications so it is good news.

Alright, thanks! So I assume that if do not receive the 2 week email it would mean I would have been rejected ? So if I work out I should receive a mail in 1 week (or not...). Hope it's gonna work!!
(If one is rejected, they're supposed to know it by UCAS no? Because the school wouldn't consider their application anymore so it would be written somewhere no?)
Sorry for the faults :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 625
Original post by bluebell_flames
In the same position - haven't heard from them in 17 days :frown: (maths with econ)

Yes and there are some who I know applied to the same department after me and received their 2 week email after me, but they have received their 5 week email which makes me panic a bit.

i received acknowledgement email, then next day the emal saying i will hear in 2 weeks approximately, then 6 days after that i got an email saying i am good enough to be further assessd and will hear within 5 weeks

(sent ucas off on 10th Oct) Maths with econ
Reply 626
Original post by gouratiltzen
The email states the application is strong enough to be considered further by the programme selector. The applicant will receive an update within five weeks.

Do you know what the update will involve. another email saying you are good enough to be further considered again or an offer/rejection
Alright, thanks! So I assume that if do not receive the 2 week email it would mean I would have been rejected ? So if I work out I should receive a mail in 1 week (or not...). Hope it's gonna work!!
(If one is rejected, they're supposed to know it by UCAS no? Because the school wouldn't consider their application anymore so it would be written somewhere no?)
Sorry for the faults :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

There are several ways you may be informed of a rejection:

1. UCAS Track - this is mandatory.
2. Email from the university - some universities email you the decision
3. Letter from the university - some universities send you a letter
Original post by IceKidd
Do you know what the update will involve. another email saying you are good enough to be further considered again or an offer/rejection

I don't know for certain, however, given the wording I would assume a final decision.

Or if the applicant is boarder line, another wait until after January (to compare with all other applicants).
Do all people who didn't received yet an email saying they were strong enough to be considered further or something are rejected ? I'm a bit scared because I've received the email saying they would consider my application within 2 weeks 1 week ago and I still yet didn't receive this email saying I was strong enough bla-bla-bla...:/

Posted from TSR Mobile
They might be in touch this week!

I applied for math and econ and got the strong enough email two nights ago
Did anyone receive a two week email initially then another two week email again today?
There are several ways you may be informed of a rejection:

1. UCAS Track - this is mandatory.
2. Email from the university - some universities email you the decision
3. Letter from the university - some universities send you a letter

Ok so I suppose no one should panic until they see on UCAS they have been rejected !
Good luck everyone :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 633
Has anyone heard anything from the maths department yet? I had my acknowledgement email then the next email which said they would be in touch in approximately 2 weeks but the 2 weeks has been and gone and I still haven't heard anything.

I got the 2 weeks email like 5 days after I've received the acknowledgement email. Then 6 days later I got an email about my application is strong enough to be considered further.Don't worry, I think you will hear from them soon :smile:
Original post by lisa96
Received my acknowledgement on the 21st of October, and my two week email today.

Has anyone got the 5 week email for Law? :smile:

I applied on the 25th and have received the 2 week email about ten days later, and another four days for the 5 week one. Now I'm just waiting for those five weeks to be over...
Reply 635
Hey just saw this forum and was reminded of last year so much! I'm currently a first year law student at LSE, 4 weeks in now, ask me anything you want to know about the course/university/application, although I haven't been here that long, I might be able to help with any questions you guys might have :smile:
Original post by IceKidd
i received acknowledgement email, then next day the emal saying i will hear in 2 weeks approximately, then 6 days after that i got an email saying i am good enough to be further assessd and will hear within 5 weeks

(sent ucas off on 10th Oct) Maths with econ

Oh dear - good thing LSE is my 4th/5th choice... Sounds like they didn't appreciate me writing almost only about maths :frown: I wish they could reject me, rather than dragging this out before THEN rejecting me...
Original post by bluebell_flames
Oh dear - good thing LSE is my 4th/5th choice... Sounds like they didn't appreciate me writing almost only about maths :frown: I wish they could reject me, rather than dragging this out before THEN rejecting me...

I'm trying not to read too much into the fact I haven't heard anything further yet. I wonder if it is worth emailing the admissions processor as it is nearly 3 weeks after my email that said they would be in touch in 2 weeks. But then I don't want to appear like I am a nuisance!! Aaaaarrggh!!!
I'm trying not to read too much into the fact I haven't heard anything further yet. I wonder if it is worth emailing the admissions processor as it is nearly 3 weeks after my email that said they would be in touch in 2 weeks. But then I don't want to appear like I am a nuisance!! Aaaaarrggh!!!

I would personally wait until 4 weeks have passed, and then seriously consider emailing them.

This is SO stressful!!
Original post by greenbeast
I applied for math and econ and got the strong enough email two nights ago

Well done! Congratulations. Do you mind me asking when you got the 2 week email?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending