The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by L'Evil Fish
I want to apply to Imperial for a form of chem. Too many options though :frown:

This course looks good :h:.
Original post by keromedic
This course looks good :h:.

Oh wow, that's great! Thanks.

Medicinal chemistry and chemistry, are they similar enough for one PS? Because some places don't offer that.
Oh wow, that's great! Thanks.

Medicinal chemistry and chemistry, are they similar enough for one PS? Because some places don't offer that.

A lot of places do, or similar variations like Chemistry with Medicinal Chemistry.
As for personal statements, I imagine they can't be that dissimilar. Medics/vetmeds/dentists apply for these sorts of courses with PSs gerared towards a different degree and they get through!
Hey :smile: I'm new, so I thought this would be a good thread to talk.

Year 13 is going really quickly for me, just a lot of trying-to-get-into-uni-stress (especially considering interviews will make me incredibly nervous), but overall, I like it so far :biggrin:

Spoiler

Thanks for that!

So many choices..
usycool1
FDFDFDF
Original post by Ambipomme

Year 13 is going really quickly for me, just a lot of trying-to-get-into-uni-stress (especially considering interviews will make me incredibly nervous), but overall, I like it so far :biggrin:

Spoiler

Oh hi :h:. and a merry welcome to the forum and this thread :h:.

Thanks for that!

So many choices..

Indeed :biggrin:. I apologize for exacerbating your problem by presenting you with another set of choices, I just felt that considering the interests you mentioned, this course might be most appropriate (think Holby does it).

Indeed :biggrin:. I apologize for exacerbating your problem by presenting you with another set of choices, I just felt that considering the interests you mentioned, this course might be most appropriate (think Holby does it).

Yeah, she does :biggrin: I've had that course in mind anyway.

It's weird how the offers are. Once you get them it's an easy in if I'm honest. For those...

I've been persuaded to try for MIT as well IN America. Gonna need to find some interests
Yeah, she does :biggrin: I've had that course in mind anyway.

It's weird how the offers are. Once you get them it's an easy in if I'm honest. For those...

I've been persuaded to try for MIT as well IN America. Gonna need to find some interests

Especially as I'm taking a gap year, I'm also considering America as there's good for the arts as well but I'm concerned about finances! From what Felix said though, SATs are simple enough.
Especially as I'm taking a gap year, I'm also considering America as there's good for the arts as well but I'm concerned about finances! From what Felix said though, SATs are simple enough.

SATs are between GCSE and AS Level so they're easy. The issue is showing you have flair for other things, and commitment to them :h:

They do need blind applications. So if you need money they'll supply it.
Reply 5709

Spoiler

Hi! Welcome to :tsr:

Enjoy your stay :smile:

Spoiler

:eek: Bonjour. I want to speak French, but not allowed without translating :sigh:

Original post by adi19956
Hi! Welcome to :tsr:

Enjoy your stay :smile:

For the SATS, is it just one big exam or is it like GCSEs where you have to be tested and graded on every single subject again?

For the SATS, is it just one big exam or is it like GCSEs where you have to be tested and graded on every single subject again?

http://money.howstuffworks.com/personal-finance/college-planning/admissions/sat.htm
Reply 5713

The SAT is just one test including reading, writing and maths, but there are also individual subject SAT tests. Further information can be found on their website.

The SAT is just one test including reading, writing and maths, but there are also individual subject SAT tests. Further information can be found on their website.

3 hour test? Fun. Although I suppose it's just another aptitude test like the ukcat etc.
SATs are between GCSE and AS Level so they're easy. The issue is showing you have flair for other things, and commitment to them :h:

They do need blind applications. So if you need money they'll supply it.

Ah nice.
Okay, looked at some SAT Specific Papers...

I didn't learn that stuff at GCSE or even at AS now :facepalm:
Well hello :biggrin:

Hello! How goes life?:biggrin:

Original post by g.k.galloway
Charlieeeeee, how are you?

Original post by usycool1

:hat2:

Hello peoples! Things are going well! How is the application process going for you guys? Where has everybody applied/going to apply to??
Original post by CharlieBoardman
Hello peoples! Things are going well! How is the application process going for you guys? Where has everybody applied/going to apply to??

:mmm: next year, when I apply... Hopefully Cambridge, Imperial, York, Edinburgh and... Durham :dontknow: and MIT I think :teeth: for some Chemistry and Medicinal Chemistry route.. with a language thrown in if I can.

How's yours going?
:mmm: next year, when I apply... Hopefully Cambridge, Imperial, York, Edinburgh and... Durham :dontknow: and MIT I think :teeth: for some Chemistry and Medicinal Chemistry route.. with a language thrown in if I can.

How's yours going?

Nice, have you visited any of those places yet? (Obviously not MIT). Why would you throw in a language? Is it just something you're interested in?

I applied to Cambridge, Manchester, Durham, Warwick and Leeds.
So far I have interviews at Manchester and Leeds, an offer from Warwick, and I'm waiting for responses from Durham and Cambridge. However, I only sent the Cambridge SAQ off this weekend, so I'm not expecting a reply for a while!

Latest