The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Reeny13
Hey just saw this forum and was reminded of last year so much! I'm currently a first year law student at LSE, 4 weeks in now, ask me anything you want to know about the course/university/application, although I haven't been here that long, I might be able to help with any questions you guys might have :smile:

Thanks for your help :smile: well I think everyone's stressed out with the admissions process so maybe you can summarize it, how it's being with you ? I'm afraid I've been rejected or something because I didn't received this email saying that you're strong enough to be considered further etc.. And I've received the first mail there's one week now. So ? Is that being the same for you ? Or did you also receive it one week and no more later after sent the application to the LSE ? Thanks for replying :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 641
Original post by bluebell_flames
Oh dear - good thing LSE is my 4th/5th choice... Sounds like they didn't appreciate me writing almost only about maths :frown: I wish they could reject me, rather than dragging this out before THEN rejecting me...

Haha LSE is my 4th choice. My PS was 100%completely about maths, but i was told they dont mind that!

maybe it just means your more borderline

Is your admissions tutor this guy? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tff2oE31Mlw
Reply 642
Original post by frenchstud74
Thanks for your help :smile: well I think everyone's stressed out with the admissions process so maybe you can summarize it, how it's being with you ? I'm afraid I've been rejected or something because I didn't received this email saying that you're strong enough to be considered further etc.. And I've received the first mail there's one week now. So ? Is that being the same for you ? Or did you also receive it one week and no more later after sent the application to the LSE ? Thanks for replying :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, well I applied in 2013 and I didn't receive any email telling me I was "strong enough to still be considered" etc, I only received my actual offer in March - so don't stress out or panic about anything at this stage, it's far too early!
Original post by Reeny13
Hey, well I applied in 2013 and I didn't receive any email telling me I was "strong enough to still be considered" etc, I only received my actual offer in March - so don't stress out or panic about anything at this stage, it's far too early!

thanks a lot for your answer ! I was really thinking that the "5 week email" would tell me about the admission (or rejection). I'm not familiar at all with the english admissions process ! So according to you people get their offer in March ? Not before ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 644
thanks a lot for your answer ! I was really thinking that the "5 week email" would tell me about the admission (or rejection). I'm not familiar at all with the english admissions process ! So according to you people get their offer in March ? Not before ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Your welcome, no I'm sure people do get offers before March, that's just when I got mine, I just wanted to give you an idea of the possible waiting time with LSE because I was panicking about being rejected last year, and now I'm here! :smile: btw good luck with your application, I hope it's successful :smile:
Reply 645
Original post by Reeny13

How are you finding the social life at LSE?
Original post by IceKidd
Haha LSE is my 4th choice. My PS was 100%completely about maths, but i was told they dont mind that!

maybe it just means your more borderline

Is your admissions tutor this guy? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tff2oE31Mlw

I was told that too about the PSs, but their website appears to suggest otherwise, which is still worrying me. And borderline for further considerations would suggest a very low probability of getting an offer :frown:
Original post by CD315
How are you finding the social life at LSE?

This. I also want to know.
Reply 648
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
This. I also want to know.

My only contacts at LSE commute and don't live in halls so I'm struggling to get a student perspective on the matter.
Reply 649
I was told that too about the PSs, but their website appears to suggest otherwise, which is still worrying me. And borderline for further considerations would suggest a very low probability of getting an offer :frown:

tbh youre most likely getting yourself worked up over nothing. my friend for maths and economics only got the first email and sent his application in the week before me and we are literally identical on paper
Original post by IceKidd
tbh youre most likely getting yourself worked up over nothing. my friend for maths and economics only got the first email and sent his application in the week before me and we are literally identical on paper

Good to know - thanks :smile:

Where else have you applied? :smile:
Reply 651
Good to know - thanks :smile:

Where else have you applied? :smile:

Oxford #merton, Bristol, Imperial for maths and warwick for MMORSE

I know ive seen you on MAT thread right?

And wbu

Posted from TSR Mobile

Btw, LSE's admissions process has changed this year. They did not get any of these email updates last year.
Original post by gouratiltzen
Btw, LSE's admissions process has changed this year. They did not get any of these email updates last year.

Alright thanks. Do the people who have received their 5 week email also have received before an email saying they were strong enough etc. or is that optional ? If everybody has, then how many times after did they receive it after sent their application to the LSE ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IceKidd
Oxford #merton, Bristol, Imperial for maths and warwick for MMORSE

I know ive seen you on MAT thread right?

And wbu

Oh, wow - I'm also a Merton maths applicant :smile: I've also applied for Maths at Imperial, Warwick and Durham :smile:

Good luck with your application!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 655
Oh, wow - I'm also a Merton maths applicant :smile: I've also applied for Maths at Imperial, Warwick and Durham :smile:

Good luck with your application!

Uhoh...my enemy

or hoopefully my tutorial buddy haha! :colone:
Original post by IceKidd
Uhoh...my enemy

or hoopefully my tutorial buddy haha! :colone:

:biggrin:

I wouldn't be too worried if I were you - my MAT practice is going so badly that I'm hardly a threat...:frown:
Original post by QuestionsQ
I recently received an email from LSE telling me that they're assessing my personal statement and that I should hear from them in around 2 weeks. Not really sure what to make of it - presumably in 2 weeks they'll tell me to wait another X number of weeks. At least they're in contact with me, that's always helpful.

Are you going for straight law at lse or Law and Anthropology?
Original post by saimaahmadd
Are you going for straight law at lse or Law and Anthropology?

Straight Law. At this point, I have received the 5 week email.
Reply 659
Anyone received the 5 week email for management yet??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending