The Student Room Group

What are people's current UCAS application situation ?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Just applied this morning, now to wait...
and wait...
and wait...
Reply 161
Original post by James A
Well you pay by bank card so whoever's bank card you are using.

Yes, money gets deducted straight away obv!

Okay thanks but it says on the UCAS site... ''Your school, college or centre will let you know either to pay them so they can pay us, or for you to pay direct online by credit/debit card''
Reply 162
College sent mine off today! Can't wait to hear back. I've applied for:

University of Leeds: Interdisciplinary science foundation year
Coventry: Health and life science foundation year
Plymouth: Extended Science
Cardiff Met: Health Science foundation year
Bradford: Clinical Science/Medicine foundation year
Original post by corax
Okay thanks but it says on the UCAS site... ''Your school, college or centre will let you know either to pay them so they can pay us, or for you to pay direct online by credit/debit card''

Well there's not much for me to say... you can either pay through your school or pay by yourself.

I don't see the difference between the two options you have to pay :s-smilie:
Reply 164
Original post by James A
Well there's not much for me to say... you can either pay through your school or pay by yourself.

I don't see the difference between the two options you have to pay :s-smilie:

Well how would you pay through your school?

Do you just put your card details in and then they sort it out? Man I'm confused.
Original post by _jake_
College sent mine off today! Can't wait to hear back. I've applied for:

University of Leeds: Interdisciplinary science foundation year
Coventry: Health and life science foundation year
Plymouth: Extended Science
Cardiff Met: Health Science foundation year
Bradford: Clinical Science/Medicine foundation year

I've applied for Cardiff met!! Maybe see you there next year? :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by corax
Well how would you pay through your school?

Do you just put your card details in and then they sort it out? Man I'm confused.

Well how does your school/college accept payments? If they accept cash payment and if you find cash is easier to pay the fee off by, then pay through the school. If you think paying by card is easier for you, then just pay UCAS directly on your application.

When I went through the UCAS cycle last year I paid UCAS directly rather than doing the payment via school. However, my school only accepted card payments. They stopped cash payments for stuff like food in the canteen and decided that paying online in advance for your meals was the better option.
Reply 167
Original post by James A
Well how does your school/college accept payments? If they accept cash payment and if you find cash is easier to pay the fee off by, then pay through the school. If you think paying by card is easier for you, then just pay UCAS directly on your application.

When I went through the UCAS cycle last year I paid UCAS directly rather than doing the payment via school. However, my school only accepted card payments. They stopped cash payments for stuff like food in the canteen and decided that paying online in advance for your meals was the better option.

For payment for trips, etc it's through their new 'parent mail' system' and okay.. but you can't leave the card section blank, it's all asterisked?
Original post by corax
For payment for trips, etc it's through their new 'parent mail' system' and okay.. but you can't leave the card section blank, it's all asterisked?

Why not just pay via UCAS if you're using a bank card?
Reply 169
Original post by James A
Why not just pay via UCAS if you're using a bank card?

Because I'm not sure whether I'm supposed to pay it or my college is?:confused:
Original post by corax
Because I'm not sure whether I'm supposed to pay it or my college is?:confused:

You have the choice of either paying via your college or by UCAS directly.

I think paying by college might be cheaper as they will charge you less ?

Double check the prices.
I've got most things in, a few subject codes to check and my personal statement etc to go in. Other than that, I put in my last 2 choices today and I'm on track :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 172
Original post by Shelly0901
I've applied for Cardiff met!! Maybe see you there next year? :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cool! Same course?:smile:
Applied on 11th October for:

Edinburgh Mathematical Physics Year 2
Glasgow Maths and Physics Year 2
Oxford Maths
Imperial College London Maths with a Year in Europe
Strathclyde Mechanical Engineering with International Study

Nothing yet!
Anyone applied for same or similar courses?
Original post by __Adam__
Just applied this morning, now to wait...
and wait...
and wait...

what subject(s)?
Has anyone heard off Newcastle for English Literature and Creative Writing yet ? I sent off my Ucas yesterday and I can't even handle the suspense and it's only been a day :')

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey everyone, so my situation.. BBCC at AS - screwed up, blah. Anyway I'm keeping on B - Bio B geography C English. And I have been predicted ABB (English, biology, geography)

I already have 2 ABB universities and 2 BBB ones.. I feel like I should apply for a low BCC one or something, but I don't want to go anywhere with these requirements and would probably firm an ABB and insure a BBB uni. I feel like I need that safety net of below my (awful) AS grades though.

Any advice?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 177
Original post by James A
You have the choice of either paying via your college or by UCAS directly.

I think paying by college might be cheaper as they will charge you less ?

Double check the prices.

Thanks,

Everyone I know has paid themselves through UCAS, so I'm just going to do that which will probably save time.
Original post by Wideeyedowls
Has anyone heard off Newcastle for English Literature and Creative Writing yet ? I sent off my Ucas yesterday and I can't even handle the suspense and it's only been a day :')

Posted from TSR Mobile

I sent mine last week and am still waiting but have received another offer from Newcastle for another course I applied for there :biggrin: (History)
Reply 179
Sent mine off yesterday! Applying for Economics and Politics at Loughborough, Lancaster, Leicester, Manchester and Reading (I like L's, clearly!)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending