The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 360
Original post by Gotzz
Thanks, I'm just so anxious. Yes, I hope to see you there! Of course you will get one, like 95% of Chemistry applicants get interviewed! Which college did you choose? :smile:

Knowing my luck, I'll probably be in the 5% that don't get interviewed :wink: I hope I'll actually be able to go to the interview if I get one, I'm having knee surgery the week before :s-smilie: I chose Brasenose, you chose Keble, right? I really liked it there, almost picked it but then decided that I wasn't going to get in anyway and decided I wanted to be closer to the train station for the interviews, since it's less far to hop along on crutches!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 361
Original post by TheHolubowskyj
I've logged into Track so often I've memorised my Personal ID...

Same, I learnt it within days :eek:
Original post by FlyHigh_er
Yup, if you sent it a week before you would still get offers, you could even if your grades are below. It'd be harder if your course is a competitive one. What are you applying for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Business Management to good London unis and might include Birmingham and Surrey (unfortunately I don't meet the grade requirements for Kings College and LSE tough)

How about yourself?
Original post by Purple_fox
Just received an offer from Manchester! It is great relief :biggrin:
Has anyone heard from Queen Mary at all ( I didn't even get a welcome letter)?

I sent my ucas off on tuesday, and all my unis have replied except for queen mary, they probably cant be arsed or are just insanely busy. Oh and congratulations:P
(edited 10 years ago)
Amazon need to stop emailing me! Get scared every time I receive an email!
Reply 365
Original post by Kay(:
Amazon need to stop emailing me! Get scared every time I receive an email!

I keep getting excited too when there's new mail but seriously, TSR needs to stop emailing me :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BlossomS
I keep getting excited too when there's new mail but seriously, TSR needs to stop emailing me :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah them too! Makes me panic when i see the hotmail icon in the corner :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 367
Original post by lizz-ie
Knowing my luck, I'll probably be in the 5% that don't get interviewed :wink: I hope I'll actually be able to go to the interview if I get one, I'm having knee surgery the week before :s-smilie: I chose Brasenose, you chose Keble, right? I really liked it there, almost picked it but then decided that I wasn't going to get in anyway and decided I wanted to be closer to the train station for the interviews, since it's less far to hop along on crutches!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Surely that'd mainly be people whose grades/references aren't up to scratch? Yeah, I applied to Keble. Well good thinking ahead about the train station, I mainly applied to Keble because it's closest to the Chemistry department :lol:
Good luck with the operation.
Reply 368
Those acknowledgement e-mails. Rush of adrenaline..... *opens e-mail*.... Are you an offer ? No. Knew you wouldn't be but I still got my hopes up illogically at the sight of your universities name in the subject field.*Sighs*.... Well that's the last time I'll be hearing from your for a few months automated e-mail system it was nice knowing you.
Original post by moll.
Those acknowledgement e-mails. Rush of adrenaline..... *opens e-mail*.... Are you an offer ? No. Knew you wouldn't be but I still got my hopes up illogically at the sight of your universities name in the subject field.*Sighs*.... Well that's the last time I'll be hearing from your for a few months automated e-mail system it was nice knowing you.

Wait until the marketing emails start coming.
Reply 370
Original post by Gotzz
Surely that'd mainly be people whose grades/references aren't up to scratch? Yeah, I applied to Keble. Well good thinking ahead about the train station, I mainly applied to Keble because it's closest to the Chemistry department :lol:
Good luck with the operation.

Keble is also really nice! One of my friends applied there for Physics :smile: I find it really weird that we don't have to do an admissions test for Chemistry, four of my friends are applying for other subjects and all of them have to do admissions tests!
Thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 371
Original post by lizz-ie
Keble is also really nice! One of my friends applied there for Physics :smile: I find it really weird that we don't have to do an admissions test for Chemistry, four of my friends are applying for other subjects and all of them have to do admissions tests!
Thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's good to know :biggrin: I find it weird too, but it's one less thing to worry about! Haha, I don't know anyone in real life who's applying to Oxbridge :colondollar:
Reply 372
Original post by Kay(:
Yeah them too! Makes me panic when i see the hotmail icon in the corner :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha oh the torture!! I literally freeze everytime I see an envelope infront of the door or the email icon too...feels like we're on a tight rope
Reply 373
Hoping every gets the interviews/offers they want. Good luck to you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 374
Original post by carnationlilyrose
The truthful answer is any time between now and May 9th.

Sheffield were really quick, I just got an email saying I have an offer which has got me really excited and terrified at the same time, haha. I hope the others will respond quickly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JodieW
Sheffield were really quick, I just got an email saying I have an offer which has got me really excited and terrified at the same time, haha. I hope the others will respond quickly.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's great! Sheffield is my home town. It's an excellent place to study.
Reply 376
Original post by outrexian
I've had no acknowledgement from Imperial at all. Apparently they're giving out interviews already. :s-smilie:

Ah that's okay then. They don't interview for maths so I'm good. :smile:
Original post by Purple_fox
14th of October :smile:
Where are you applying?

Oh cool, and UCL Bristol Manchester Birmingham and Durham.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ineedtorevise127
Business Management to good London unis and might include Birmingham and Surrey (unfortunately I don't meet the grade requirements for Kings College and LSE tough)

How about yourself?

Geology @ UCL Bristol Manchester Birmingham and Durham. Apply as soon as you can :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 379
Got an email acknowledging my application from imperial, finally!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending