The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by thinkthings
I'm so sorry to hear that : ( I'm sure you're still waiting to hear back from your other universities though, right? So fingers crossed for those places.

I've applied for law as well and this has only made me more nervous, especially since you received your decisions so quickly. When did you guys submit your application? I applied on the 15th and since then, have only just received the two-week email yesterday :s-smilie:

Snap! But I also received the 5 week one today, so it might not be that far off reaching your inbox! :biggrin:
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 681
I'm so sorry to hear that : ( I'm sure you're still waiting to hear back from your other universities though, right? So fingers crossed for those places.

I've applied for law as well and this has only made me more nervous, especially since you received your decisions so quickly. When did you guys submit your application? I applied on the 15th and since then, have only just received the two-week email yesterday :s-smilie:

Yes, but I've applied to Oxford, Durham etc. I never really thought I'd ever have to worry about not getting into university at all, because I've applied to such prestigious universities for such a competitive course. I wouldn't worry, as I have gathered, we are both international students, so our applications usually get processed a bit faster.

Question: In all of the emails do they say "you were one of many strong candidates" etc.?

Best of luck to all who are still awaiting a response x
Original post by QuestionsQ
Really sorry to hear that. This has just made me so much more nervous. Ahhh.

aww don't be! i'm sure it'll go fine :smile: goodluck

Original post by frenchstud74
That's a shame :s but how do you know it ? And when did you apply ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

i sent it off 10/10 and i just received an email from them

Original post by GabTR
My application was also unsuccessful for Law </3

sorry to hear that :frown: but at least we know we're not alone..!

aww don't be nervous! i'm sure you'll do fine. i sent mine off 10/10..i was surprised to hear back so quickly too..guess I couldn't even make it past the first round </3
Original post by GabTR
Yes, but I've applied to Oxford, Durham etc. I never really thought I'd ever have to worry about not getting into university at all, because I've applied to such prestigious universities for such a competitive course. I wouldn't worry, as I have gathered, we are both international students, so our applications usually get processed a bit faster.

Question: In all of the emails do they say "you were one of many strong candidates" etc.?

Best of luck to all who are still awaiting a response x

AGREED. i never thought i'd have to be worried about not getting into university either :frown:
and yep i got that in my email too!
Reply 684
Just got my 5 week email for Politics and Philosophy, does anyone know how many people get this, in relation to total number of applicants? Thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 685
Original post by tiffany_wu888
AGREED. i never thought i'd have to be worried about not getting into university either :frown:
and yep i got that in my email too!

I'm just trying to remind myself that LSE places second for Law. And I haven't applied to Cambridge (thankfully), although I was previously debating whether I should do so.

Good on you! And yes, I hope so! I hope speed of receiving these emails doesn't equate to strength of application because if so, things certainly don't look very promising for me.

I doubt it! I have 2 GCSEs at a B and the rest at a C
Mine seems pretty poor in comparison to a lot of other people's!
*Maybe they dismissed my GCSEs as I'll be 21 on entry.. Not sure though*
I'm sure they're looking at your post-GCSE qualifications as well! Out of curiosity, who is your admissions assessor (the person that sends you the email updates)? I wonder if one person handles a couple of subjects or if there is a different person for every subject.

I'm guessing you mean the one at the bottom of the e-mails?
Katie Poulter
UG Admissions Assessor
BSc in Government
Yep! Ha ha. We have different ones. I guess each subject has a different admissions assessor. Thanks so much for answering all my questions by the way :P

It's cool :biggrin:
I just hope we're not waiting 5 weeks for a rejection lololol
I'd actually cry!
Only time can tell! I hope I get that 5 weeks email soon; I have a strong feeling I have an impending rejection coming up and it's so hard to shake : (

Best of luck to you. I hope you get good news!

Stay positive! Different admissions people will take different lengths of time :smile:
Thanks!
Reply 690
I got mine yesterday, I applied on the 15th. When did you get your 2 weeks? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 691
Original post by james8821
Yes I did, on Wednesday 16th October got the 2 week email but not the 5 week yet...

When did you get your 2 week?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry for the above post!
Anyway applied on 15th and got the 2 week email just yesterday. Is that too late? :/
When did you sent off your ucas?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by josiejo1970
You have had your 5 week email though, haven't you? I am still waiting which isn't great news.

What were your GCSE and AS grades like and your A level predictions?

IGCSE- 4A*s 2As and 2Bs ( poor :frown: )
AS level - A* (A level math) A physics and A economics
Predictions 4A*s

Don't worry about not getting the email yet, a friend of mine with 5As at AS and better GCSEs still hasn't got it either, they take different amounts of time for different applicants:smile:
Just give it some time

Posted from TSR Mobile
A friend just got an offer of AAA for Finance and Accounting, anyone else heard anything?
Just received the 5-week email for Government and Economics!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Donniee
A friend just got an offer of AAA for Finance and Accounting, anyone else heard anything?

Nice. What grades? (GCSEs and AS)
Original post by Mike_123
Nice. What grades? (GCSEs and AS)

No idea, I think they already have an A for A2 last year, other than that I don't know their grades.
Received the '5 week email' 2 weeks ago. Don't have high hopes for an offer though :/
Hey, the ones who received the 2 week email and the 5week email, have you all received this email saying you were strong enough to be considered further ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by greenbeast
IGCSE- 4A*s 2As and 2Bs ( poor :frown: )
AS level - A* (A level math) A physics and A economics
Predictions 4A*s

Don't worry about not getting the email yet, a friend of mine with 5As at AS and better GCSEs still hasn't got it either, they take different amounts of time for different applicants:smile:
Just give it some time

Thanks
:redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

thanks. :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending