The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Portia1993
Just got the 5 week email... The day after I got one saying it would take 2 weeks...
I'm not sure just how good my reference was, but seeing as my GCSEs were poo, I'm guessing pretty darn awesome!

As you are a mature student they do not care about your GCSEs.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Got me 5 weeker, just 12 hrs after my 2 weeker....
Reply 702
Anyone knows if they're giving out offers for law today? O.0

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gouratiltzen
As you are a mature student they do not care about your GCSEs.

Oh wow, so grateful for this info! :biggrin:
Original post by frenchstud74
Hey, the ones who received the 2 week email and the 5week email, have you all received this email saying you were strong enough to be considered further ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The "5 week" email is the "strong enough to be considered further" email.
I applied 3 days ago. How long did you all have to wait for your 2 week email?
Oh wow, so grateful for this info! :biggrin:

I applied two years ago when I was studying my access course. My GCSEs were not very good, but I was told they would not be considered part of my application as a mature student.

I was predicted all distinctions, similar to you, and LSE made me sit the Undergraduate Admissions Test. At that time I was told that all Access students must sit the test in order to gain a place.

Only 10% of the students that sit the test are admitted. When I applied there were around 20 students sitting the test; some international students sit the test in their home country. So I would guess around 5 people will be successful.
(edited 10 years ago)
I applied two years ago when I was studying my access course. My GCSEs were not very good, but I was told they would not be considered part of my application as a mature student.

I was predicted all distinctions, similar to you, and LSE made me sit the Undergraduate Admissions Test. At that time I was told that all Access students must sit the test in order to gain a place.

Only 10% of those students that sit the test are admitted. When I applied there were around 30 students sitting the test; some international students sit the test in their home country. So I would guess around 5 people would be successful.

Oh gosh! Now I really am scared!
I thought they'd only make you sit it if you'd been out of education for like... A while? D: Most of the people I go to college with have never been out of education, and I have done various things D: I'll only just be classed as mature lolol

Either way, yaaaay at exam -_-
Original post by kingmango
I applied 3 days ago. How long did you all have to wait for your 2 week email?

I received the "2 week" email two days after I submitted the UCAS application form. However, I received the acknowledgement email 5 days after that.
The "5 week" email is the "strong enough to be considered further" email.

Sorry for my dumb question but what's the difference between the "acknowledgment mail" and the "2 week mail" ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh gosh! Now I really am scared!
I thought they'd only make you sit it if you'd been out of education for like... A while? D: Most of the people I go to college with have never been out of education, and I have done various things D: I'll only just be classed as mature lolol

Either way, yaaaay at exam -_-

Well, according to the website:
LSE
Applicants taking the Access to Higher Education Diploma course are assessed alongside other applicants using the full range of information presented on the UCAS form, including qualifications (predicted/achieved), personal statement and reference. Those demonstrating potential are normally asked to sit the School's Undergraduate Admissions Assessment (UGAA) test.

It says "normally" so it seems you can get in without sitting the UGAA...

Yeah, my friend on the access course was 19 but classed as mature :-P
Sorry for my dumb question but what's the difference between the "acknowledgment mail" and the "2 week mail" ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The acknowledgment email just confirms they have received the application.
"2 week" is just an update to say that now someone is looking at the application.
I received the "2 week" email two days after I submitted the UCAS application form. However, I received the acknowledgement email 5 days after that.

At the end of the email that I got, it said 'I will be in touch in the next two weeks to update you on the progress of your application.'. Is this this 2 week email or the confirmation email. What does the 2 week email actually say in it?
Original post by areddishherring
I submitted my UCAS application for Law on 14/10 and received the "2-weeks" (application review) e-mail around five days later.
Just received the "5-weeks" (strong enough to be further considered by the Admissions Selector) e-mail today!

Crossing my fingers and hoping I'm not anxiously waiting for a rejection e-mail!

Well done for getting the "5 weeks" email. There were many rejections for law today, so you did well! :biggrin:
Well, according to the website:

It says "normally" so it seems you can get in without sitting the UGAA...

Yeah, my friend on the access course was 19 but classed as mature :-P

Bummer! Oh well! Anything for my dream aye!
At the end of the email that I got, it said 'I will be in touch in the next two weeks to update you on the progress of your application.'. Is this this 2 week email or the confirmation email. What does the 2 week email actually say in it?

That's what it says.
That's what it says.

sweet sweet. But if that's the 2 week email then where is the initial confirmation email... hahah
Hey, the ones who received the 2 week email and the 5week email, have you all received this email saying you were strong enough to be considered further ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The 5 week email included that, yes.

"I am happy to tell you that your application is strong enough to be considered further by the Admissions Selector for the BSc in Government and Economics programme.

The Selector will be making further academic assessments on your qualifications and personal statement, and will be considering your application in competition with other candidates in your cohort.

This can take up to five weeks. I will be in touch at the end of this process to let you know what happens next."

Posted from TSR Mobile
sweet sweet. But if that's the 2 week email then where is the initial confirmation email... hahah

Ahahaha same for me, only received the 2 week email ! But as I have applied to 3 courses I can tell you that I have received this initial confirmation mail only once. The two others assessors sent me directly the 2 week mail.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 719
Got my two-week yesterday and my five-week today for Gov & Econ.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending