The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Uni of Manchester Freshers 2014-15

Scroll to see replies

Original post by turnedbrain
Hi!

I applied for Biochemistry with an year in industry. I got invited to an interview on the 11th of December yesterday.
I am incredibly excited cause I am not from the UK and that would actually be my first visit! Do you guys know whether the interview is subject specific or rather just getting to know you better?

DFTBA

I applied for the same, and have an interview on the 6th of November. I assume it's pretty subject, but I really have no idea about the style of the interviews, and how academic they are. It's actually annoying me - I don't know how to prepare.

Edit: Fellow nerdfighter
(edited 10 years ago)
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 221
Has anyone applied for Cognitive Neuroscience and Psychology? Have you heard anything yet? Excluding the acknowledgement email obviously. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by William Turtle
I applied for the same, and have an interview on the 6th of November. I assume it's pretty subject, but I really have no idea about the style of the interviews, and how academic they are. It's actually annoying me - I don't know how to prepare.

Me too! It's exasperating! At least at Oxford and Cambridge you have a slight idea of what to expect. But then unlike Manchester they don't reassure you that almost all interviewed applicants are successful.

I wish you the best of luck on the 6th of November!
Original post by turnedbrain
Me too! It's exasperating! At least at Oxford and Cambridge you have a slight idea of what to expect. But then unlike Manchester they don't reassure you that almost all interviewed applicants are successful.

I wish you the best of luck on the 6th of November!

Exactly - they even have guides about how to prepare. Hehe, that's also true. Still. I wish I could know. I suppose by using the Cambridge guide, I'd be pretty comprehensively prepared.
Reply 224
Hey everyone! I sent my application off on Monday and applied for Ancient History and Archaeology. I got an offer yesterday, so pleased :biggrin:
Original post by William Turtle
Exactly - they even have guides about how to prepare. Hehe, that's also true. Still. I wish I could know. I suppose by using the Cambridge guide, I'd be pretty comprehensively prepared.

I don't think you need that much preparation! Any Nerdfighter is naturally awesome! Yet, for some reason, I still wake up every morning two hours earlier than necessary to revise chemistry and biology.

How did you get into Nerdfighteria?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 226
Anyone apply for Computer Science? They're the only uni I've yet to receive any kind of acknowledgement from...
Original post by TSR561
Anyone apply for Computer Science? They're the only uni I've yet to receive any kind of acknowledgement from...

Manchester often doesn't send acknowledgements, but do rest assured that they will have received it. You'll just have to wait until they've made a decision now.

Good luck!
Reply 228
Original post by TSR561

I'm applying for computer science! Sending my form off the first day back because the school haven't sorted it yet. Where else are you applying?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 229
Original post by chanteyd
I'm applying for computer science! Sending my form off the first day back because the school haven't sorted it yet. Where else are you applying?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Woo! Oxford, Imperial, Warwick and Southampton. Got an offer from Warwick last night and an interview for Imperial in about 2 weeks :biggrin:. How about you?
Reply 230
Original post by Sunneth
Congratulations!! What time did you receive the offer?

Not entirely sure on the time, but i know it was on the 21st October. I forgot to check my actual track rather than just my emails, so i found out a few days late! I know that my recent Sheffield Uni offer came through at pretty much bang on 6pm though :smile:
Is anyone else applying for geography? I hoping to send my application off after half term for their BA course!

How quickly have people generally been hearing back from Manchester?
Hey!

I've sent my application two weeks ago for BSocSc Politics and International relations. My predicted grades are A*A*A A and I've got offer from Manchester the last week.

So excited, still waiting for Cambridge, SOAS, Edinburgh and King s college of London
Congratulations on all your offers everyone!

In a massive act of procrastination, I've gone through and compiled a list of everyone who has an offer or interview in the first page of this thread :smile:
Reply 234
Anyone else applying for Anatomical Sciences with a Modern Language?
Reply 235
Original post by Origami Bullets
Congratulations on all your offers everyone!

In a massive act of procrastination, I've gone through and compiled a list of everyone who has an offer or interview in the first page of this thread :smile:

Haha nice! :biggrin: How long did it take you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AquisM
Haha nice! :biggrin: How long did it take you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Only about half an hour, but I do have deadlines that I'm currently procrastinating about an awful lot!
Reply 237
Original post by Origami Bullets
Only about half an hour, but I do have deadlines that I'm currently procrastinating about an awful lot!

HAHA Then you'd better get off TSR! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AquisM
HAHA Then you'd better get off TSR! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Easier said than done :tongue:
Original post by nomdeplumeX2
Is anyone else applying for geography? I hoping to send my application off after half term for their BA course!

How quickly have people generally been hearing back from Manchester?

I'm applying to do geography with the study abroad at manchester and I sent my application off on the 14th October.. No reply yet though!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending