The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lucy96
What do people think of meeting up in Birmingham? Obviously if it's not practical for the majority we won't. :h:

Birmingham's a bit too far out, I really don't know if I'd actually be able to go out that far
Original post by usycool1
Practise, practise and practise :tongue: They're really not that bad to remember. :nah:

Its the units as well :tongue: and this is supposed to be the easiest part of M1
Reply 5801
Original post by Jkizer
Ugh the snobs at my school getting under my skin.

Kept yapping how he could get offers from my universities if he wanted to. Also snapped about how great his universities are and how mine were crap on the tables when I told him about my early offers >.<

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sounds familiar at my sixth form. There are people who have got offers from the universities that have replied to them so far, and they're getting really cocky about it. I'll laugh when they get rejected by Oxford.
Original post by Lucy96
What do people think of meeting up in Birmingham? Obviously if it's not practical for the majority we won't. :h:

I think London would be best :smile:, it is the centre point after all :wink:
And for Birmingham it would depend on the date
Reply 5803
Original post by Boy_wonder_95

are you applying to lse?
Original post by furryface12
Yeah!! Half an hour on the train for me, way better than london :biggrin:

I'm glad someone thinks so haha :tongue:
Original post by mynameisntbobk
Birmingham's a bit too far out, I really don't know if I'd actually be able to go out that far

Ah okay, makes sense :tongue: hmmm, this is going to be difficult :tongue:

I guess so, it's just a pain for those of us who live a few hours away haha :tongue: no doubt it'll end up being London though :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IceKidd
are you applying to lse?

Yh I have why?

Original post by Lucy96

I guess so, it's just a pain for those of us who live a few hours away haha :tongue: no doubt it'll end up being London though :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

So whereabouts do you live?
Reply 5806
Original post by Lucy96

I can get to Birmingham, but I feel like we keep coming back to London. London FTW! :smile:

:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by adi19956
I can get to Birmingham, but I feel like we keep coming back to London. London FTW! :smile:

Ah cool :smile: hahaha looks like it :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5809
Yh I have why?

just trying to remmember because i talked to you before. what did you apply for?

Wow that is trek! :biggrin: So you live in Liverpool? What's is like down there?

Original post by IceKidd
just trying to remmember because i talked to you before. what did you apply for?

Straight Economics, what about you?
Wow that is trek! :biggrin: So you live in Liverpool? What's is like down there?

Exactly haha :tongue: well, about half an hour away. I live in a little seaside town, so it's quite cute. But I love Liverpool, it's an amazing city :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5812

Straight Economics, what about you?

maths with econ. i got the 5 week email at the beginning of the week, have you?
Original post by IceKidd

TSR's not letting me see your message unless I sign out

But yh I received the 5 week email today.
Reply 5814
TSR's not letting me see your message unless I sign out

But yh I received the 5 week email today.

Oh wow thats good, moreso for you because LSE Econ is mad competitive!
Original post by IceKidd

Haha cheers. Hopefully there's good news for both of us at the end of those 5 weeks :biggrin:

Good luck with your application.
Birmingham seems like the ideal place for a meet up, tbh. London is definitely nicer, but I don't think it's fair to expect people from far-ish north to come all the way down when everyone could compromise and make it a bit easier. If you go with Virgin it won't take much more than an hour from Euston to Birmingham New St.
Original post by Endless Blue
Birmingham seems like the ideal place for a meet up, tbh. London is definitely nicer, but I don't think it's fair to expect people from far-ish north to come all the way down when everyone could compromise and make it a bit easier. If you go with Virgin it won't take much more than an hour from Euston to Birmingham New St.

If we're getting the train and memory serves, Birmingham isn't necessarily cheaper or shorter distance. It's often takes longer to go to places further north than london as the train diverts and things and is slower!

Exactly, that's what I thought :redface: seems a lot fairer for everyone that way! I'd rather no one miss out, but I think Birmingham would be easier for a lot of us. It took me a good few hours going home from London to Southport in the summer :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
B..

Wuu2? I'm talking to my lovestruck friend from Trinidad and trying to do some sightreading practice.

Latest