The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Scienceisgood

Also, who is everyone's alround favourite anime character?

That's a tough one. Currently I'd have to say Captain Levi but that normally changes depending on what I've watched recently.
Yes, more or less. =l
Bought a Blu Ray and you know most or all Blu Rays allow you to view the opening and endings of the anime in question without credits, it looked kinda wrong, almost naked...

Also, who is everyone's alround favourite anime character?

For me it would be guts. Most badass character period.
ABOUT TIME!!!

Been waiting for this for sooo long! Kept being told Autumn this year but now a release date for a season has been confirmed for Sora no Otoshimono!

http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/news/2013-10-24/sora-no-otoshimono/heaven-lost-property-new-anime-to-play-in-theaters-in-2014

:woohoo:

shame its just a film and not a whole series :frown:

those first 2 seasons were godly :adore: tomo-chan :adore: havent watched the first film yet cos no one seems to be subbing a 720p version of it :s-smilie:
Original post by Lord Fifa
Never heard of any of them except for ouran high school. Have you seen any of them and if so would you recommend them?

Sorry it took so long for me to reply, blame the stupid 'new page' bug. :p:

FLCL is a classic, Gainax at their best, and craziest. If you're watching this season's Kill la Kill, it's got a similar feel in places. :yes: Of everything on the site it's probably the most worth checking out in my opinion, and is only six eps long, too.

El Cazador de la Bruja
is a fairly decent action series, which has one of my favourite ever soundtracks. :yes: It's also the most recent of Bee Train's 'Girls and Guns trilogy' - the other two are Noir and Madlax, but aside from the same staff/studio and similar setting they're not related in any way, so you don't need to have seen either to watch El Cazador.

Shuffle! is a harem show, but it stands out a bit from other shows of its genre IMO, there's a fair bit of drama. Pacing is a bit weird in places, though.

Armitage III... I have watched, and I remember liking it, but that's about all I remember. :redface:
(edited 10 years ago)
just watched ep 3 and 4 of Golden Time, its getting quite interesting

Spoiler

Ahh alright. Thanks man :biggrin: Ill check out FLCL.
my 2TB portable has arrived :woo: no need to worry about deleting eps anymore when i download new ones :biggrin: hoping this lasts until im 30 :p:

should store over 5000 eps :yeah:
(edited 10 years ago)
Guys, need more anime openings/endings, please, I beg you...
Feed me...
Original post by eugenius 8
my 2TB portable has arrived

How much did that cost?
Original post by Dr Tenacious
How much did that cost?

just over £80 :yes:
Feed me...

:sexface:

:dance:

:h:
Feed me...

Reply 5832
Original post by AngryJellyfish

I keep forgetting Shana III exists. Maybe Shana II was so bad to me that I lost interest in the franchise as a whole.

Also... I'm going to say this: Kill La Kill is not the best anime of the season. That title goes to Samurai Flamenco. Seriously, the pacing, the characters and the great mixture of slice of life, comedy and some tense moments makes it one of the best animes that I have seen in a while.

You have to be crazy to not like the anime at least.
Guys, just had a look at the animaxtv.co.uk anime available, some of them I have heard of, most others not.

They any good?

Link: http://www.animaxtv.co.uk/programs#
Guys, just had a look at the animaxtv.co.uk anime available, some of them I have heard of, most others not.

They any good?

Link: http://www.animaxtv.co.uk/programs#

The only thing there I'd suggest avoiding entirely is Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb - not because it's bad (it actually made my Top 12 for last year), but because it's the fourth series of Hidamari Sketch, so you'd miss all the character introduction and several jokes might be lost on you if you started there. :p:

[EDIT] Actually, the videos they have listed under Seitokai no Ichizon ('Student Council's Discretion') seems to be the second series as well, so be wary of anything that has a sequel. :sadnod:

Coppelion and Kyoukai no Kanata ('Beyond the Boundary') are both from the current anime season, so have only just started. I'm quite liking the former so far, but dropped the latter because the main character instantly got on my nerves.

Aside from those, I'd categorise the series on the site as follows (again, these are just my opinions)

Awesome: Black Lagoon, 'Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions!', Code Geass, Death Note, 'Princess Jellyfish'

Pretty good: Bakuman, Magi, Persona 4, Tamako Market, Tiger and Bunny, UN-GO

Meh: Maoyuu, 'Problem Children...', 'Samurai Girls', Sasami-san@Ganbaranai, Vampire Knight

The rest I haven't watched yet.
Original post by Ammish
I keep forgetting Shana III exists. Maybe Shana II was so bad to me that I lost interest in the franchise as a whole.

Also... I'm going to say this: Kill La Kill is not the best anime of the season. That title goes to Samurai Flamenco. Seriously, the pacing, the characters and the great mixture of slice of life, comedy and some tense moments makes it one of the best animes that I have seen in a while.

You have to be crazy to not like the anime at least.

Shana II was terrible, and Shana III wasn't much better. If the former was too slow and boring, the latter tried to fit too much into too few episodes, and ended up as a confusing mess. Doesn't stop the OP theme from being one of the best of its year, though. :p:

I'm struggling to name a 'series of the season' at the moment. Kill la Kill obviously stood out at the beginning due to its style and pacing, but only three episodes in and to me it already feels like it's getting old. All style and very little substance. :sadnod: Samurai Flamenco, I do like, since it's got a great premise and is at least trying to develop some interesting characters, but I can't help but feel I've seen better. :s: I actually think the show I'm enjoying the most so far might be Yowamushi Pedal, though as it's panning out like most other sport/game anime so far, I'm not sure it's original enough to deserve the title. :p:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5836
Original post by AngryJellyfish
I'm struggling to name a 'series of the season' at the moment. Kill la Kill obviously stood out at the beginning due to its style and pacing, but only three episodes in and to me it already feels like it's getting old. All style and very little substance. :sadnod: Samurai Flamenco, I do like, since it's got a great premise and is at least trying to develop some interesting characters, but I can't help but feel I've seen better. :s: I actually think the show I'm enjoying the most so far might be Yowamushi Pedal, though as it's panning out like most other sport/game anime so far, I'm not sure it's original enough to deserve the title. :p:

It's a bit too early for me to select a 'series of the season'. Nonetheless, to surmise...

Kill la Kill has probably left the biggest impression in terms of originality, stylistically wise, but similarly I have a slight concern that the formula will start to wear thin. We need some plot progression.

Hajime no Ipoo Rising will probably turn out to be one of the stronger contenders for the title, but as a sequel of a very popular and established series, I feel like it's somewhat cheating in that regard. The same can be said of Kuroko and Magi.

Machine-Doll wa Kizutsukanai, Ace of Diamond, Tokyo Ravens, Strike the Blood and Log Horizon are all holding my interest more than the others I'm also following, but none are exceptional, a la Fate/Zero or Shingeki no Kyojin proportions, but we'll see how they transpire.

Samurai Flamenco is amusing enough, and has a tinge of distinction among the others that are airing this season, but I agree that there's something missing.

Coppelion is a disappointment of sorts, but I haven't lost hope yet.

I suppose, ultimately, this season has a lot of promising and entertaining offerings, but nothing that is exceptional. The sequels, in that regard, help to balance this.
Original post by Aiko
It's a bit too early for me to select a 'series of the season'. Nonetheless, to surmise...

Kill la Kill has probably left the biggest impression in terms of originality, stylistically wise, but similarly I have a slight concern that the formula will start to wear thin. We need some plot progression.

Hajime no Ipoo Rising will probably turn out to be one of the stronger contenders for the title, but as a sequel of a very popular and established series, I feel like it's somewhat cheating in that regard. The same can be said of Kuroko and Magi.

Machine-Doll wa Kizutsukanai, Ace of Diamond, Tokyo Ravens, Strike the Blood and Log Horizon are all holding my interest more than the others I'm also following, but none are exceptional, a la Fate/Zero or Shingeki no Kyojin proportions, but we'll see how they transpire.

Samurai Flamenco is amusing enough, and has a tinge of distinction among the others that are airing this season, but I agree that there's something missing.

Coppelion is a disappointment of sorts, but I haven't lost hope yet.

I suppose, ultimately, this season has a lot of promising and entertaining offerings, but nothing that is exceptional. The sequels, in that regard, help to balance this.

Definitely agree that there's nothing exceptional this season (so far), but on the other hand, I'm finding that I really like everything that I've picked up - I'm following 16 new anime, and there's not much separating them, which is making my weekly blog rankings tougher to put together than usual. :p:
Crunchyroll to release manga at the same time as Japan. Time people can support the industry properly.
Kill La Kill is doing it for me atm.

Latest

Trending

Trending