The Student Room Group

Pregnancy and Parenting Society Mark II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
First scan is a week tomorrow :eek: :eek: :eek:

Yeah that's me. First scan a week tomorrow :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
yay how exciting madders. I always loved the scans. Getting to see your baby on the screen is amazing. :biggrin:
I had my scan today :awesome: it was amazing! Saw baby's heartbeat and saw it wriggling around :awesome:

Attachment not found
I had my scan today :awesome: it was amazing! Saw baby's heartbeat and saw it wriggling around :awesome:

Attachment not found

Grrr! That was me :biggrin:
the attachment doesn't work x
Reply 1145
Probably a stupid question but if we are occasionally feeding Scott with expressed milk from a bottle do I need to go buy the next size teats now he is 3 months?
Original post by HmMusic
Probably a stupid question but if we are occasionally feeding Scott with expressed milk from a bottle do I need to go buy the next size teats now he is 3 months?

not if he's fine with the ones he's on :smile:

It's like clothes sizes, teat sizes are just a guide, not a rule.

My daughter was on the newborn teats until she was nearly a year old lol. She used to splutter so much with anything else.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1147
Original post by HmMusic

We've continued with slow flow newborn teats to try & discourage BabyElles from getting a bottle preference because they're 'easier'... but bought some fresh ones as our brand advised new teats every 3 months.

Now she's nearly ready for weaning I've been escalating up faster flow teats so she doesn't have a big surprise when I give her a free-flow sippy cup or doidy with water in! High-chair assembled this weekend - plan is to give some food next weekend - exciting/messy times ahead... :biggrin:
Reply 1148
Original post by Elles
We've continued with slow flow newborn teats to try & discourage BabyElles from getting a bottle preference because they're 'easier'... but bought some fresh ones as our brand advised new teats every 3 months.

Now she's nearly ready for weaning I've been escalating up faster flow teats so she doesn't have a big surprise when I give her a free-flow sippy cup or doidy with water in! High-chair assembled this weekend - plan is to give some food next weekend - exciting/messy times ahead... :biggrin:

Thanks both of you, I will definitely stick with the slow flow ones then! We rarely use the bottles - maybe once a week if he's hungry for the four hours when I'm at work. Good luck with weaning!

Scott's been sleeping through pretty much every night for a week now. Only reason he woke up this morning is because my partner's alarm went off for work and he started thumping around in the dark looking for his clothes. I'm cranky now. Might start trying Scott in his own room if this continues.
Sorry, maybe this link will work better -

TPhoto_00144.jpg

Hopefully? :smile:

When should I start thinking about birth plans etc? Will midwife tell me?
Reply 1150
Original post by madders94
Sorry, maybe this link will work better -

TPhoto_00144.jpg

Hopefully? :smile:

When should I start thinking about birth plans etc? Will midwife tell me?

Lovely scan! I didn't do my birth plan until 30 something weeks although as I found out about the pregnancy late it may have been different. Best advice I can give is be really open minded. I believe my birth plan was something along the lines of "have a baby!"

Posted from TSR Mobile
Partner is driving me mad. Stalling like crazy. He's almost 30 and acts as though I'm asking him to have a child at 12 and end his life.

See, we're different states of mind.

Him : Having a child will end my life.
Me: Having a child will MAKE my life.

It's as though I'm working full time at the moment, and enjoying it, but having a child would give me something to really work for.

I have savings, plenty of them, that I've been amassing for years, two of which have been working full time with next to no social life.. I have enough to take two years off completely, possibly three, yet he won't do it! I work from home, and by the time I need to work again, the child would be old enough to go to nursery a couple of days a week which would allow me to work, and by the time the child went to school I'd obviously be able to work near enough full time again.

Long story short.. we'd cope.

But he won't admit it.

He's driving me mad.
Reply 1152
I've just put Scott in a new sleepsuit we were given by a relative in Spain. It fastens at the back. Not even at the bottom. Just the back. Just... Why? Seriously, what's the point? I can't get him in it unless I wriggle him in on his tummy which he would hate, or get my partner to hold him and slide him in. And once he is in, he's lying on his back on the poppers which has got to be the least comfortable thing ever. You can't change his nappy without taking him out of it. There's just absolutely no reasons for it! Worst. Design. Ever.

image.jpg
Partner is driving me mad. Stalling like crazy. He's almost 30 and acts as though I'm asking him to have a child at 12 and end his life.

See, we're different states of mind.

Him : Having a child will end my life.
Me: Having a child will MAKE my life.

It's as though I'm working full time at the moment, and enjoying it, but having a child would give me something to really work for.

I have savings, plenty of them, that I've been amassing for years, two of which have been working full time with next to no social life.. I have enough to take two years off completely, possibly three, yet he won't do it! I work from home, and by the time I need to work again, the child would be old enough to go to nursery a couple of days a week which would allow me to work, and by the time the child went to school I'd obviously be able to work near enough full time again.

Long story short.. we'd cope.

But he won't admit it.

He's driving me mad.

Perhaps he just isn't ready (not that anyone ever really is) but you can't force him to if he is dead set against it. Your post is all 'I, I, I' when it really should be 'we, we, we' it should be a joint venture! Maybe if you spend time babysitting together or spending time with/around children he will eventually feel more comfortable with the idea.
great scan madders! :smile:

HM - I HATE back fastening sleep suits. They're awful.

Anon - I gotta agree with balloon.
Okay guys I wanna make a list for the first post to keep track of who is still active in this thread. Gimme a shout on your due date (if you're pregnant), or about your kids if you're not pregnant.

It's fine if you don't want to reveal your kids names or dates or birth or whatever. If you just say something like "girl aged 2" that'd be fine. If you want to say names and DOBs though that's also grand :smile:
Reply 1156
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
Okay guys I wanna make a list for the first post to keep track of who is still active in this thread. Gimme a shout on your due date (if you're pregnant), or about your kids if you're not pregnant.

It's fine if you don't want to reveal your kids names or dates or birth or whatever. If you just say something like "girl aged 2" that'd be fine. If you want to say names and DOBs though that's also grand :smile:

Baby Scott born 20-07-13
Reply 1157
Original post by PinkMobilePhone

BabyElles - May 2013

HmMusic

A solely back fastening sleepsuit sounds nuts. We have some dungarees that are very cute but no nappy access so not a fan. She still hates things going over her head so doing vests etc. bum first. Now we're outgrowing most clothes gifts & I'm buying things practical access is key priority!

Anon - I'm thirding Balloon - being able to logistically isn't the same as wanting to..? If you think he's making excuses then I suppose you need to address why - my questions would be does he want children at all & when does he envisage having them (whether that's a number or milestones like being married/buying a house etc.)?
Original post by balloon_parade
Perhaps he just isn't ready (not that anyone ever really is) but you can't force him to if he is dead set against it. Your post is all 'I, I, I' when it really should be 'we, we, we' it should be a joint venture! Maybe if you spend time babysitting together or spending time with/around children he will eventually feel more comfortable with the idea.

I agree- sounds like he's not ready, just because he's nearly 30 doesn't mean he is!

My OH is 30 and he's not yet ready- we're both not, and that's ok, we know we will be in the future! It's not all about finances when you have a child, it's about commitment, loss of sleep, time, privacy, even a loss of your social life occasionally- life does change, and maybe hes not quite ready yet?

Give him space, take a break- maybe have a lovely holiday together with all that cash :smile:
Original post by balloon_parade

Not meaning to be "I I I" but I am the main wage earner and he can't really contribute much financially so from a practical point of view it is very much up to me to be "ready".

He's not set against it. If he'd say he was then that would be different, but he says he wants it, but when it comes down to it he won't actually do the deed. Probably worried but it's okay for him, he has no ticking time bomb for a reproductive system!

Quick Reply