The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Reply 9300
Original post by los lobos marinos
:console:God that's got to be horrible. If it was me, I would definitely be telling my psychiatrist. Whether it is some sort of placebo effect or a side effect of the all the combined meds, it needs to be addressed asap.

Are you still going to be making you mars-bar cake?

:hugs: It's really hard to handle what with trying to handle all the other mental health stuff. You know? :cry: Scared he'll add on yet another mental health illness. But I'll let him know. It's scary. Really scary.

I made peanut butter cookies instead. The Mars Bar cake didn't go well.
Reply 9301
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
I feel like all this constantly struggling and failing to become completely financially independent will be the death of me.... always having money and career troubles. How I'm gonna survive adult life, I don't know :frown:

I feel like that all the time and i did go to university, think it's just the reality of modern Britain that the cost of living is insane. I'm not looking forward to being independant.
Original post by Gemmer_
I feel horrible today like yesterday. :cry: It's all coming to me that I'll probably never get better with a list on mental health problems that go on and on.

Original post by Gemmer_
:hugs: It's really hard to handle what with trying to handle all the other mental health stuff. You know? :cry: Scared he'll add on yet another mental health illness. But I'll let him know. It's scary. Really scary.

I made peanut butter cookies instead. The Mars Bar cake didn't go well.
Hey look, ain't nothing wrong with a multiple diagnosis if it helps you find the best way to manage, get to a place where you can cope and become a happy bunny :smile:

We are all unique, and the journey you need to take will be specific to you. Things really will get better.:yes: Yes, there will be obstacles along the way which will cause you take a couple of steps backward, but then you just get up, dust yourself down and figure out a new route to navigate the obstacle that temporarily blocked your path.

Bottom line is you will get better as long as you keep striving to find the solutions to navigating each and every obstacle. If one solution doesn't work, discard it and try another and maybe another until you discover what works for you.

Good times are there for you. :smile:

What are peanut butter cookies like? Did you put jam on top? Maybe with a blob of cream?
Reply 9303
Original post by los lobos marinos
Hey look, ain't nothing wrong with a multiple diagnosis if it helps you find the best way to manage, get to a place where you can cope and become a happy bunny :smile:

We are all unique, and the journey you need to take will be specific to you. Things really will get better.:yes: Yes, there will be obstacles along the way which will cause you take a couple of steps backward, but then you just get up, dust yourself down and figure out a new route to navigate the obstacle that temporarily blocked your path.

Bottom line is you will get better as long as you keep striving to find the solutions to navigating each and every obstacle. If one solution doesn't work, discard it and try another and maybe another until you discover what works for you.

Good times are there for you. :smile:

What are peanut butter cookies like? Did you put jam on top? Maybe with a blob of cream?

I suppose so. One mental health problem was enough though. Now a dozen is hard to handle :cry:
I'm not strong enough right now- but hopefully things will start to be easier for me. I know I won't ever be 100% better but as long as I can control myself.

They're very nice. I've made them before so thought I'd make them again. Jam would've been good on top. :doh:
Reply 9304
Having flashbacks most days at the moment. Just really exhausted and distressed and urgh all the time. Really ache from how physically exhausting they are, and my head is just all full of trauma-fragments, constantly. There are several triggers going on at the moment, so I can kind of understand why it's happening... doesn't make it any easier to deal with though, really. Have had flashbacks in front of strangers and I ****ing hate it. Feel like I can't see any of my friends today, because they have had to handle them enough this week. I really don't want to make them deal with it again. The university women's officer found me going into a flashback earlier in the week, and she suggested that I come for a chat with her at some point. I really need to talk to someone about how to handle PTSD and university at the same time, so I said that that might help. I'm seeing her on Tuesday, but scared that I'll just end up having another flashback because they're happening all the ****ing time. I feel so guilty for every person who has to sit with me through them, but being on my own is pretty horrible too because I get trapped inside them with no way to get myself back in the present. At least when I'm with other people they don't tend to last longer than half an hour... This ****ing sucks, though. I don't want other people to see. Or put them through it. And, to be honest, it scares me that people might not want to spend time with me anymore if it gets to be too much, and then I'll have no distraction and it'll be horrible.

As well as that, I cried for an hour in CBT yesterday and just so sad about everything. Stuff with my brother is just devastating atm... One of my best friends is taking a lot of drugs at the moment and it's just reminding me of how things started with him, and it's making me so upset to think of what's happened to him happening to her.. Don't know how to handle all of this especially with all the work I have on right now. :cry2:
Original post by james1211
I feel like that all the time and i did go to university, think it's just the reality of modern Britain that the cost of living is insane. I'm not looking forward to being independant.

Yeah, and not just that, but it's also very hard to get decent steady work in the first place. I already had a taste of independence earlier this year when I went backpacking abroad with savings, and it was great, until I unexpectedly ran out of money and struggled with work problems. So that's knocked my confidence a little, but I've just got to keep trying at something.

And I've been seeing some stories in the news lately, of these lazy people who don't work but have loads of kids and claim so many benefits and get big council homes, and I wonder if I'm being a mug for working my butt off struggling to make a living, when these people are seemingly living an easy life for not even doing anything. The mind boggles.
Reply 9306
And I've been seeing some stories in the news lately, of these lazy people who don't work but have loads of kids and claim so many benefits and get big council homes, and I wonder if I'm being a mug for working my butt off struggling to make a living, when these people are seemingly living an easy life for not even doing anything. The mind boggles.

Easy, maybe. Satisfying and self fullfilling? No. £50 feels like twice as much when you know you've worked a hard day for it.
Easy, maybe. Satisfying and self fullfilling? No. £50 feels like twice as much when you know you've worked a hard day for it.

Oh yeah, of course! I always feel better when I've earned my own money, rather than getting handouts from parents or the state. The government really needs to step up and improve the benefits system so we don't keep getting so many people like that abusing it, as well as also improve the job market for everyone.
Reply 9308
Oh yeah, of course! I always feel better when I've earned my own money, rather than getting handouts from parents or the state. The government really needs to step up and improve the benefits system so we don't keep getting so many people like that abusing it, as well as also improve the job market for everyone.

I think most people on benefits are actually in work, what we need is better pay to match inflation and the cost of living crisis.
Original post by asdfgah
Having flashbacks most days at the moment. Just really exhausted and distressed and urgh all the time. Really ache from how physically exhausting they are, and my head is just all full of trauma-fragments, constantly. There are several triggers going on at the moment, so I can kind of understand why it's happening... doesn't make it any easier to deal with though, really. Have had flashbacks in front of strangers and I ****ing hate it. Feel like I can't see any of my friends today, because they have had to handle them enough this week. I really don't want to make them deal with it again. The university women's officer found me going into a flashback earlier in the week, and she suggested that I come for a chat with her at some point. I really need to talk to someone about how to handle PTSD and university at the same time, so I said that that might help. I'm seeing her on Tuesday, but scared that I'll just end up having another flashback because they're happening all the ****ing time. I feel so guilty for every person who has to sit with me through them, but being on my own is pretty horrible too because I get trapped inside them with no way to get myself back in the present. At least when I'm with other people they don't tend to last longer than half an hour... This ****ing sucks, though. I don't want other people to see. Or put them through it. And, to be honest, it scares me that people might not want to spend time with me anymore if it gets to be too much, and then I'll have no distraction and it'll be horrible.

As well as that, I cried for an hour in CBT yesterday and just so sad about everything. Stuff with my brother is just devastating atm... One of my best friends is taking a lot of drugs at the moment and it's just reminding me of how things started with him, and it's making me so upset to think of what's happened to him happening to her.. Don't know how to handle all of this especially with all the work I have on right now. :cry2:

:hugs: Sorry things are so tough for you at the moment. Remember you're an amazing strong person though, and you can get through this. :console:

I've always found claiming benefits to be seriously hard work! :tongue:
I think most people on benefits are actually in work, what we need is better pay to match inflation and the cost of living crisis.

I agree. They also need to make it harder for the lazy unemployed people to claim so many benefits so easily, or else where is their incentive to work? Sometimes I've had passing thoughts of maybe just packing the career thing in and instead having a baby to claim a council house and all the other benefits that come with it, but I know deep down I would feel unsatisfied and disappointed with having to resort to that.

Original post by superwolf

I've only had one occasion when I claimed JSA for six months, and I found it a pretty easy process to get started. If you're talking about other types of benefit though, then I have no experience with those :p:
Reply 9311
Original post by superwolf

They like to make it hard work for the people who need and deserve it apparently :tongue:
i feel so empty today, woke up at 1 and just laid in bed for 2 hours before even considering moving :s-smilie:
boyfriends still asleep, and i know we have stuff to do, but im scared of going downstairs as usual :frown:

just wish i could shift all this crap because currently depression is beating me up so bad.

also had a very odd/horrible dream last night :cry2:
i feel so empty today, woke up at 1 and just laid in bed for 2 hours before even considering moving :s-smilie:
boyfriends still asleep, and i know we have stuff to do, but im scared of going downstairs as usual :frown:

just wish i could shift all this crap because currently depression is beating me up so bad.

also had a very odd/horrible dream last night :cry2:
Reply 9314
I think I get what I deserve for not taking my meds regularly, been feeling dizzy all day. I forgot to take some with me back home yesterday, although now I'm back at uni. Just need to eat now before I can take them.

Spoiler

Been putting off this essay for absolute weeks and I just can't do it :'( Urghhgrhgrhgrhghrhgrhghrghrghrhgrgh
tasha96

Spoiler

Your body needs fuel so you need to eat, you'll feel worse if you don't. Also I don't buy that it'll be your fault if something happens. Would it be a government's fault if terrorists said they'd hurt someone if their demands are not met? No. We don't do deals with terrorists - and for good reason, giving in to demands would lead to more. You can eat, trust me nothing will happen.

No problem, better a mini-essay than discussing with too much presumption. Anyway, I think your working attitude pretty amazing and it would be a shame to just go to university without any aim. (I mean, there is nothing against fun (although university doesn't equals fun), but your way sounds more promising, because as you said, times are hard in general.) You sound really thoughtful and committed.
Original post by tasha96

Eating is good and that are probably allways the same voices and not real persons, so it won't happen anything as allways. Why should happen something because you eat? And as sabertooth pointed out, you never give up to terrorists, never, so why should you? The demands would just get more and more...

Big Hugs!

Latest