The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6400
Original post by Glitch96
Half term, aww yeaaahhhh :biggrin:
revision for tests, noooooooooo :frown:

Anyone had a look/done Math C2 yet? How hard is it compared to C1?

We're doing C1/C2/M1 all together at the moment, and it is certainly harder than C1, which I'm finding quite easy. I originally found M1 hardest, but that has become a bit easier now and C2 is probably the hardest due to the proofs and things you have to remember.
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Not a huge gap, but yeah, harder

Original post by Tibbz2
We're doing C1/C2/M1 all together at the moment, and it is certainly harder than C1, which I'm finding quite easy. I originally found M1 hardest, but that has become a bit easier now and C2 is probably the hardest due to the proofs and things you have to remember.

C1 would be fine if my teacher didn't mind explaining what the class doesn't understand, she implies that we mustn't have been paying attention if we ask questions/don't get everything right, apparently we won't survive to see the end of A2 :/ We finished C1 this term and it was okay besides my confusing with geometry, just expanding on GCSE knowledge.
:zomg:

Season 4 Bitches!!!!! Started it on Breaking Bad...

Get back to work.
Original post by MangoFreak
Get back to work.

Down my name so can't finish it :frown:
Guess who isn't back and won't stay here for long :ahee:
Pretty much got C1 C2 M1 D1 covered now, just practice a bit in the half term and I'll be done. What do people think about potentially doing S1 and/or C3 this year, bear in mind I am also doing FP1 and M2.
Original post by Red Fox
Pretty much got C1 C2 M1 D1 covered now, just practice a bit in the half term and I'll be done. What do people think about potentially doing S1 and/or C3 this year, bear in mind I am also doing FP1 and M2.

If you've done that much already I'm sure you can cope with C3 this year and S1 is pretty easy so you could probably fit that in too. The s1 can act as an insurance if you do badly in D1 or something which hopefully doesn't happen or it can just mean you can take further additional maths as next year potentially. But if you don't get 90 in C3 will you be able to retake?
Original post by Farhan96
If you've done that much already I'm sure you can cope with C3 this year and S1 is pretty easy so you could probably fit that in too. The s1 can act as an insurance if you do badly in D1 or something which hopefully doesn't happen or it can just mean you can take further additional maths as next year potentially. But if you don't get 90 in C3 will you be able to retake?

I'm on AQA so can't do AFM. Yes I can retake but preferably wouldn't like to obviously and M1 S1 are meant to be for Maths and D1 is for FM. Thinking of doing FP2-3, and M3-4, the more maths the better haha so if I only have to do C4 next year for normal maths then it would be great:smile:
How much homework has everyone been given?I have been given a couple of sheets of homework questions and I had to complete a couple of booklets but I have already completed them.Its geography where I have been given tonnes of work about 9 hours I reckon(7 pieces of homework on Erosional Landforms to do and 2 case studies on Population Control Policies (china and france or italy).I have been given an assignment for Maths, which I completed and nothing for Further Maths.
Reply 6409
I must say I'm glad I have chosen all sciences/maths as you don't get a massive amount of essays for them. So far I've had maths homework to the degree of maybe 4 pieces a week, but all done within 30 minutes. Physics I've only had to draw a few graphs, and chemistry has been maybe 20 mins a week worth, very little overall so far for everything!
I was about to comment about my seeming lack of homework compared to the rest of you, but thinking about it I actually get quite a bit, I just don't do it all :tongue: It's early days, it's the stuff I'm pretty solid on.
My brother went into Breaking Bad thinking it would be a fun show, laughing at all the humorous moments between Walt and Jesse, and at all the amusing ways people are killed.

We're into Season 5 and his most common reaction is "holy ****".
Original post by MangoFreak
My brother went into Breaking Bad thinking it would be a fun show, laughing at all the humorous moments between Walt and Jesse, and at all the amusing ways people are killed.

We're into Season 5 and his most common reaction is "holy ****".

I know I'm not a year 12 or anything, but that show! Literally started watching it this morning and I managed to finish season 1 within 7 hours.
Original post by mynameisntbobk
I know I'm not a year 12 or anything, but that show! Literally started watching it this morning and I managed to finish season 1 within 7 hours.

So you watched it basically straight! I'm on S4Ep3 now... Started Tuesday and had to stop because I was made to :erm:

It's not even amazing, just addictive.
So you watched it basically straight! I'm on S4Ep3 now... Started Tuesday and had to stop because I was made to :erm:

Basically, I had to stop because I had to go out.

I really think its pretty cool how he uses his chemistry knowledge to break laws!

:eyeball: It's totes amazeballs, you shut your mouth.
Reply 6416

Of course it's not amazing, it's more than that! :biggrin:

It's one of the highest rated TV series ever!

It really shows, the acting is superb, the script is superb, everything is just so good about it.
Original post by Tibbz2
Of course it's not amazing, it's more than that! :biggrin:

It's one of the highest rated TV series ever!

It really shows, the acting is superb, the script is superb, everything is just so good about it.

Nay, the actually highest rated series of all time :ahee:
oh my god i just watched the notebook for the first time :redface:
i think it is literally impossible for me to cry any more
This might be abit late but hi, i'm in Year 12 currently studying Maths Chemistry Biology Physics and Further Maths. Just wondering does anyone here do additional Further Maths?

Latest