The Student Room Group

Bancrofts and Forest School Sixth Form?

Heyy

I'm planning to go to Bancrofts or Forest School.
And I understand they have an entrance examination for 16+.

I'm planning to do Maths and Chemistry at Bancrofts
And Maths, Chemistry and Biology at Forest School.

I just wanted to ask if anyone had done the exam and what they thought of it. Was it hard or easy?

I'm really scared because I've got high expectations from life.

Scroll to see replies

I'm applying to them as well. For Bancrofts, I'm taking Math and Physics. And for Forest, Math, Chemistry, and Physics. I'm really worried about it. Have you done any prep yet?

I'm not really that nervous about Math and Physics but more so for Chemistry and dead scared about the interview. My interviews are the same week as the exams for the two schools as I'm only in England for a week. I live abroad.

Out of interest, do you know what you're going to wear? Also, what are you taking for your a levels (or planning to take?)

Good Luck. You'll probably ace the test.
(edited 10 years ago)
Also, what are your predicted grades??? (if you don't mind telling me) Sorry I'm being all questioney i tend to do that when I'm nervous about something :smile:
Original post by the-anonymous-me
Also, what are your predicted grades??? (if you don't mind telling me) Sorry I'm being all questioney i tend to do that when I'm nervous about something :smile:

Heyy,

I don't mind.

It's mostly A*'s to A's except for French which is a B.
But, I really want to raise my standards!
I'm applying to them as well. For Bancrofts, I'm taking Math and Physics. And for Forest, Math, Chemistry, and Physics. I'm really worried about it. Have you done any prep yet?

I'm not really that nervous about Math and Physics but more so for Chemistry and dead scared about the interview. My interviews are the same week as the exams for the two schools as I'm only in England for a week. I live abroad.

Out of interest, do you know what you're going to wear? Also, what are you taking for your a levels (or planning to take?)

Good Luck. You'll probably ace the test.

Haha, nahh,
I actually planning to do medicine, so the subjects would be:
Maths, Biology, Chemistry and History.
I chose history instead of English because I hate English!

I'm probably going to wear something smart, but not too smart.
Maybe a blazer or a dress.
No jewelry.
And smart shoes. Definitely.
But, I'll probably keep it low down, but maybe something to stand me out.

what about you?
For a levels I'm taking double math, biology, chemistry, and physics. My predictions are A*'s and a few A's and ya for the interview just wearing a blazer. And for the exam probably jeans and a hoodie or something comfy. Or are we supposed to be formal for the exam as well?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Bloom77

It's mostly A*'s to A's except for French which is a B.
But, I really want to raise my standards!

wooow! Sooo good. Are you aiming for a scholarship? Also, do you know anyone else applying?

Posted from TSR Mobile
For a levels I'm taking double math, biology, chemistry, and physics. My predictions are A*'s and a few A's and ya for the interview just wearing a blazer. And for the exam probably jeans and a hoodie or something comfy. Or are we supposed to be formal for the exam as well?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Physics? Omg! I literally loathe physics!
Ohhh, I guess I'm going to wear something formal but causal as well, but appropriate.
Wow, that's really good.
Your planning to do medicine too?
What subjects are you going to do for the entrance exam?
wooow! Sooo good. Are you aiming for a scholarship? Also, do you know anyone else applying?

Posted from TSR Mobile

My friend's applying and that's about all I know.
All the other pupils in the school who got chosen by teacher recommendation said that they 'Couldn't be asked'.

Are you an internal student?
Original post by Bloom77
Physics? Omg! I literally loathe physics!
Ohhh, I guess I'm going to wear something formal but causal as well, but appropriate.
Wow, that's really good.
Your planning to do medicine too?
What subjects are you going to do for the entrance exam?

Probably either medicine or engineering. The problem with med for me is that I'm not sure I'm willing to study for that long. Haha I'm the opposite. I like chemistry the best in terms of interest but physics is my favourite in ease and understanding stuff.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bloom77
My friend's applying and that's about all I know.
All the other pupils in the school who got chosen by teacher recommendation said that they 'Couldn't be asked'.

Are you an internal student?

No I live abroad but I'm thinking of moving to the uk for sixth form so I'm flying down for the exams and interviews. Wait so even if you're at the school you have to apply for their sixth from you don't automatically get through? Have you started preparing for the entrance exams yet cause I haven't done anything?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good luck guys, don't forget that even if you don't get into Bancrofts or Forest, WCHS is a great sixth form to go to.
Reply 12
Original post by Bloom77
Heyy

I'm planning to go to Bancrofts or Forest School.
And I understand they have an entrance examination for 16+.

I'm planning to do Maths and Chemistry at Bancrofts
And Maths, Chemistry and Biology at Forest School.

I just wanted to ask if anyone had done the exam and what they thought of it. Was it hard or easy?

I'm really scared because I've got high expectations from life.

OMG I was literally just going to ask this question. So i'm applying for Bancrofts, not Forest, and i'm also applying for a scholarship. I really want to know what the exams are like :s-smilie: Im planning to do chemistry and biology for the entrance examination and honestly, i'm so freaking out for this exam, but trying to keep calm... :smile:
Original post by Danni_
OMG I was literally just going to ask this question. So i'm applying for Bancrofts, not Forest, and i'm also applying for a scholarship. I really want to know what the exams are like :s-smilie: Im planning to do chemistry and biology for the entrance examination and honestly, i'm so freaking out for this exam, but trying to keep calm... :smile:

I want a scholarship but my parents said its fine if I don't get one. It's only two years anyways. I'm gonna start studying for the entrance exams this weekend I haven't really had much time between school and exams and piano and stuff. I literally signed up for every possible form of extra cirricular and community service possible before a levels but now I have no free time

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Probably either medicine or engineering. The problem with med for me is that I'm not sure I'm willing to study for that long. Haha I'm the opposite. I like chemistry the best in terms of interest but physics is my favourite in ease and understanding stuff.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow, Medicine! :smile:
I'm not sure if it's that long because I watch Junior Doctors, and they only studied for 5 years and then started doing a 2 year training course with the hospital with pay, so I guess it's not that bad. But I'd hate to be a consultant, just sitting in an office waiting for the next patient although, the pay is very high.
No I live abroad but I'm thinking of moving to the uk for sixth form so I'm flying down for the exams and interviews. Wait so even if you're at the school you have to apply for their sixth from you don't automatically get through? Have you started preparing for the entrance exams yet cause I haven't done anything?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow, that's amazing.
Yeah, I'm applying for scholarship simply because I can't afford it.
I'm literally just another school kid from a state school.
Yeah, even if your at the school, you have to apply for the sixth form.
Lol, I haven't prepared for anythign execpt maths because my maths exam is coming up anyway just a week before the Forest exam, so I guess I'm revising for both.
I've already done my chemistry GCSE, so I that's why I just need to go over my notes again.
Biology is new to me, but I'll still be trying to achieve the best of the best, what I possibly can.
Original post by Galileo Galilei
Good luck guys, don't forget that even if you don't get into Bancrofts or Forest, WCHS is a great sixth form to go to.

Thank you! :smile:
That's on my list.
But, I heard WCHS wasn't that great simply because the teaching is mostly independent, the teachers don't really put that much of an input.
Original post by Danni_

:smile:
Heyyy,
I'm applying to Forest, not bancrofts. :frown:
Simply, because I'm going chessington on the day of the Bancrofts exam. :frown:
I want a scholarship but my parents said its fine if I don't get one. It's only two years anyways. I'm gonna start studying for the entrance exams this weekend I haven't really had much time between school and exams and piano and stuff. I literally signed up for every possible form of extra cirricular and community service possible before a levels but now I have no free time

Posted from TSR Mobile

I guess I have time, but I use it for studying or making notes.
I also join after-school clubs too.
Reply 19
Original post by Bloom77
Wow, that's amazing.
Yeah, I'm applying for scholarship simply because I can't afford it.

Same. If I don't get a scholarship I won't be able to afford it which means I'll have to stay at my current school. I don't really want to do that because I go to school really far away and I don't think my current scholarship there will cover sixth form boarding fees. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile