Uni of Manchester Freshers 2014-15

Scroll to see replies

Is Manchester anyone's first choice for Chemical Engineering? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by priyaagarwal
I'm applying to do geography with the study abroad at manchester and I sent my application off on the 14th October.. No reply yet though!

Awesome! I liked the look of the study abroad but the lower entry requirements for the 3 year course appealed to me more :tongue:

Where else have you applied to?
Original post by nomdeplumeX2
Awesome! I liked the look of the study abroad but the lower entry requirements for the 3 year course appealed to me more :tongue:

Where else have you applied to?

Hahaa! Erm I've also applied to Cambridge, Bristol, Edinburgh and UCL :smile:
Hahaa! Erm I've also applied to Cambridge, Bristol, Edinburgh and UCL :smile:

I'm applying to Edinburgh and UCL as well along with Durham and Glasgow :smile: Have you heard anything from the other four?
I'm applying to Edinburgh and UCL as well along with Durham and Glasgow :smile: Have you heard anything from the other four?

Nope, no reply whatsoever so it's a bit worrying. What about you?
Nope, no reply whatsoever so it's a bit worrying. What about you?

I've not even sent mine off yet :confused: I feel so disorganised!
I've not even sent mine off yet :confused: I feel so disorganised!

The only reason I had to send mine off early was because of Oxbridge so don't worry! Take your time and make sure everything's perfecto :smile:
Reply 247
I applied to PPE and received an offer a few days ago :biggrin: how do I know if they want an interview?
Original post by bendulem
I applied to PPE and received an offer a few days ago :biggrin: how do I know if they want an interview?

PPE doesn't interview, so and you don't get an offer before an interview anyway, ever.

Congratulations!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 249
Original post by Origami Bullets
PPE doesn't interview, so and you don't get an offer before an interview anyway, ever.

Congratulations!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh, sweet! :P and thanks!
Reply 250
Im doing bsc economics now but I am planning to change my course to do ppe but I don't know if its worth it :/ but ppe is classed as a better degree than economics :/
I received an offer for PPE last week!
Original post by blurb234
Im doing bsc economics now but I am planning to change my course to do ppe but I don't know if its worth it :/ but ppe is classed as a better degree than economics :/

PPE isn't really classed as a 'better' degree than economics. They're both strong courses with plenty of career opportunities.

You should only apply to change to PPE if you really want to study politics and philosophy, and want to study less economics. Do be aware that there is a chance that they might make you restart your degree, as at this point in the semester it's too late to catch up on the work missed. If you do want to discuss your options, you will need to speak to your academic advisor, who will be able to advise you of your options.
Original post by constanzev
I received an offer for PPE last week!

Congratulations! PPE offers really are coming thick and fast now - yours is the sixth we know about on TSR (there's a full list on the first page of this thread).
Original post by William Turtle
I applied for the same, and have an interview on the 6th of November. I assume it's pretty subject, but I really have no idea about the style of the interviews, and how academic they are. It's actually annoying me - I don't know how to prepare.

Edit: Fellow nerdfighter

There's a thread for this: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2496227
I think that all of the courses administered by the department of Life Sciences have a shared interview scheme (but I may be wrong).
I got an offer for Economics (BAEcon) L100. :smile: Any future coursemates here?
Original post by Southpaw Wolf
I got an offer for Economics (BAEcon) L100. :smile: Any future coursemates here?

Check the first page of this thread... there are a couple of other people with offers.
Got an offer for Ancient History (ABB) :biggrin: so happy!
Reply 258
Original post by TSR561
Woo! Oxford, Imperial, Warwick and Southampton. Got an offer from Warwick last night and an interview for Imperial in about 2 weeks :biggrin:. How about you?

Newcastle, York, Cardiff and Northumbria :smile:! Ooh congratulations! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Helloooo :smile:
I've received an offer from Manchester for Chemical Engineering :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest