The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'm trying to find a scary horror movie but I've literally watched all the scary ones I can think of, I just watched 'Halloween' for the first time and didn't even find it mildly scary. I've gotten into this bad habit of mentally commentating while watching scary movies and it just defeats the point.
Original post by OhSophie
Hi guys! Does anyone know any good sites for AS Chemistry? I'm not struggling with the work load but I am struggling with the actual work. (I think also exam questions throw me off). I've gotten myself into a state with Chemistry and I'd like to get out of it :smile:

http://www.a-levelchemistry.co.uk/AQA%20Chemistry/AQA%20AS%20Chemistry/AS%20Chemistry%20home.htm
http://www.chemguide.co.uk
http://alevelchem.com/index.php
Hello everyone, I am Jack. I haven't been here for a long time. The last time I was here was in summer. It was a busy eight weeks since the start of my AS year in London. I believe everyone is enjoying the half term!
Btw, I am having Math, Chemistry (Edexcel) , physics and biology (AQA A), and self study further math and Chinese. I hope to meet more friends in TSR :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Morning all :smile: hope nobody was affected by that storm! As usual I'm glad of the quiet Midlands :')

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by marinajelly
Morning all :smile: hope nobody was affected by that storm! As usual I'm glad of the quiet Midlands :')

Posted from TSR Mobile

South Croydon is quiet and cloudy. No wind at the moment :smile:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
and it has 4 units of A quantity.

You think too much wrongly :eviltongue:

Don't worry I always write units as well:tongue:
Original post by marinajelly

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nothing ever happens here, was hoping to wake up to absolute carnage outside but same old boring Coventry:frown:
Original post by Red Fox
Don't worry I always write units as well:tongue:

I'm not worried :tongue: even the guy who has a masters or more in maths uses it :eviltongue:
The first and third I'd never heard of, they're brilliant!

I used the third a lot during year 11 summer, and I thought it was really good. The first is good for resources (though they're quite hard)
Original post by mynameisntbobk
I used the third a lot during year 11 summer, and I thought it was really good. The first is good for resources (though they're quite hard)

I've finished Unit 1 with it now.

Might try and learn Unit 2 for the fun of it so I can relax in lessons, which I already so, so I can do it again! :colone:
I've finished Unit 1 with it now.

Might try and learn Unit 2 for the fun of it so I can relax in lessons, which I already so, so I can do it again! :colone:

Haha unit 2 for me was easier than unit 1, so by all means enjoy prelearning it
Haha unit 2 for me was easier than unit 1, so by all means enjoy prelearning it

Really?:woo:
AS should be easy then
Really?:woo:
AS should be easy then

I was on AQA though. AS wasn't all that hard, I got over 90% average in the exams, although the ISA literally dragged my grade down to me scraping an A
I was on AQA though. AS wasn't all that hard, I got over 90% average in the exams, although the ISA literally dragged my grade down to me scraping an A

I love ISAs, we are going to do one after the half term.

My unit 2 is organic; alkanes and that? Is that the same as yours?
I love ISAs, we are going to do one after the half term.

My unit 2 is organic; alkanes and that? Is that the same as yours?

You can't be serious.. they're horrible.

Well organic is touched upon in unit 1 (alkanes and alkenes), unit 2 is a bit more organic (haloalkanes, alcohols, aldehydes, ketones etc) and some physical chemistry (rates, equilibrium, kinetics etc)
You can't be serious.. they're horrible.

Well organic is touched upon in unit 1 (alkanes and alkenes), unit 2 is a bit more organic (haloalkanes, alcohols, aldehydes, ketones etc) and some physical chemistry (rates, equilibrium, kinetics etc)

They're awesome. Easy marks, although schools cheat :mad:

Yeah they're similar then
They're awesome. Easy marks, although schools cheat :mad:

Yeah they're similar then

They're not, my school refuse to, which is why we do so bad in them

Fair dos. Well then you shouldn't find AS too hard, A2 is where it gets hard
Just got my first report, BBDE, what a failure.
They're not, my school refuse to, which is why we do so bad in them

Fair dos. Well then you shouldn't find AS too hard, A2 is where it gets hard

It's annoying because it makes grade boundaries so high...

I await the challenge, I hope it's hard or I'll not want to do a chemistry degree :lol:

Latest