The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Original post by IDukem
Lauren!!! It's been a while! :h: :hugs:

I'm sorry to hear about that, but the therapy/counselling could help ya out. Obviously you'll be hesitant if it hasn't worked out that well in the past, but things could be different this time around :smile:

I'm doing fine for now thank you! I'll crack on with some work related shenanigans soon :smile:

It's good to see you again :grin: :jive:

:biggrin: Ah you!

Hopefully it does something but I don't think the problem is short term which is what counselling focusses on, I don't need all these coping strategies and stuff I've heard it all before argh

That's fantastic to hear! What's going on in your world? :smile:

Been literally up to my eyeballs in ucas application stuff, nearly finished it now so that's good, I'll be coming on here more often after the 7th of November :cool:
Reply 9381
Original post by laurenatlantic
:biggrin: Ah you!

Hopefully it does something but I don't think the problem is short term which is what counselling focusses on, I don't need all these coping strategies and stuff I've heard it all before argh

That's fantastic to hear! What's going on in your world? :smile:

Been literally up to my eyeballs in ucas application stuff, nearly finished it now so that's good, I'll be coming on here more often after the 7th of November :cool:

The one and only :mmm:

All counsellors are different as my one does focus on the short term stuff, but she also helps me think ahead for the long term too. Is there a strategy that you try to do when things aren't going that well for you? :smile:

Not much haha, i'm working hard on college stuff and trying to fix myself I guess too :tongue: I feel stronger than I was the last time we spoke and I feel kinder too, so I guess there's progress haha.

Bleurgh UCAS >.< I'm glad you've almost finished it though! How long did it take you roughly? :smile: Wooo, i'll look forward to seeing you more :h:
I feel so unhappy
So just came from my therapist. Intense talk, will write more detail later. I did almost cry though, we discussed how to solve an issue and he said I have to actually want it and work for it and since just talking about it hasn't helped he would take a more strong role in pushing me. Gotta clear my head first, go cycling.
Original post by emobambam
I feel so unhappy

Want to unload? Anything in particular you are unhappy about or just life in general?
i have MS.everyone in my life either tries to take advantage of me or steal from me.:mad:
Said something stupid in front of my housemates Mum whilst drunk last night which she got angry with me about and she's here until tomorrow. Spent the morning tiptoeing around to avoid her and now I just wish the ground would swallow me up so I don't have to face her later. Why does drunk me not know when to keep my mouth shut?. And I still feel like death from the alcohol.
I want to crawl in a hole and hibernate. So much to do. Can't do it. Head is fuzzy. Thought I was feeling better. GAhhhsfohigahio;gah;gdashlk;sadhgkls;ad
Every once in a while my depression likes to remind me just how debilitating it can be. :frown:
:grouphugs: for all :yes:
falling into a massive sprial of self hatred at the moment, really dont see much of a way out :s-smilie:

rory has also gone into hibernation so i just get worse, and i know its not his fault at all, but i dunno :frown:

just hate everything about me and my life at the moment, and the only person keeping me going is rory :s-smilie:
Reply 9391
I hate how a mood can change so quickly as a result of one little thing :sad:
Reply 9392
Hey everyone.

I was just wondering what you guys do if you've had a particularly bad day? Are there any distractions you use that help?
I have no coping mechanisms at the moment, and I'm finding it very difficult being locked inside my mind with these distressing thoughts.
Original post by Angury
Hey everyone.

I was just wondering what you guys do if you've had a particularly bad day? Are there any distractions you use that help?
I have no coping mechanisms at the moment, and I'm finding it very difficult being locked inside my mind with these distressing thoughts.

Getting into a conversation with others about something totally different is the best thing for me.
Original post by Angury
Hey everyone.

I've never been very good at finding suitable distractions, save for soothing music and talking to good, trusted friends who understand mental health issues. Two BIG don'ts though:

1) Do NOT under any circumstance listen to Barry Manilow songs on repeat. Even if you think it's a good idea at the time. It's really not :no:

:p:

2) Do not watch or listen to anything that might trigger you. Even if you find it weirdly comforting or want to identify with something/someone. It's just not a good idea :no:
I'm new here, so sorry if its weird just randomly posting in here, but I just wanted to say hi :smile: And, if anyone has advice to get over this terrible day I'm having I'll appreciate it? :frown: (I've been diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder, so I think I'm having a really bad depressive episode today.)
Save.Me
I'm new here, so sorry if its weird just randomly posting in here, but I just wanted to say hi And, if anyone has advice to get over this terrible day I'm having I'll appreciate it? (I've been diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder, so I think I'm having a really bad depressive episode today.)

It's not weird at all, hello and welcome. :hat2:

I don't know if either of these will help but, when I'm having a bad day I like taking baths; ust sit there being warm for ages listening to music. And also baking stuff sometimes helps. You have to concentrate to follow the recipe (gets your mind off other stuff) then you can eat the delicious results - it's win-win. :tongue:
Reply 9397
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
I've never been very good at finding suitable distractions, save for soothing music and talking to good, trusted friends who understand mental health issues. Two BIG don'ts though:

1) Do NOT under any circumstance listen to Barry Manilow songs on repeat. Even if you think it's a good idea at the time. It's really not :no:

:p:

2) Do not watch or listen to anything that might trigger you. Even if you find it weirdly comforting or want to identify with something/someone. It's just not a good idea :no:

Unfortunately no one close to me knows the full extent of my illness, and I'm a pretty quiet person myself.

I know what you mean about leaning towards things that might trigger you. I do it a lot when I'm feeling down, and I just end up feeling worse because of it. It does feel comforting for a while though, which is why I keep coming back to it.
Original post by superwolf
Every once in a while my depression likes to remind me just how debilitating it can be. :frown:

:hugs: That really sucks, hopefully it's just a minor blip and will go away soon.
Reply 9399
I'm feeling so terribly terribly lonely.

Latest