The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zigggyy.
Hey Sophie, you alright? :')

haha, I just don't have much time to come on anymore!

Ah thank you so much! Wish you could come though! Got my costume and everything ;P Just don't feel like I should be turning 18 though haha, lost my provisional license the other day, still so young and foolish ;P

Not bad thanks. Glad it's half term :smile: you?

Totally welcome. :cool: I'm actually upset about it. But we will do something soon I'm sure of it. What are you dressing as? :tongue: Haha oh my, so clever of you. It's crazy 18 already!
Original post by IceKidd
(scratch what i said before) my 1st and 3rd choices require admissions test. could be my 2nd choice! And probably is as my 4th choice said they email in 5 weeks...so it has to be my 2nd choice as my last choice already gave me an offer.

Lord my 2nd choice is one that i might have as my 1st...please let them email me !

That was very confusing to write...so to sum up....my decision pretty much has to be my 2nd choice -.-

Applying for maths at Oxford Imperial Bristol (offer), Maths with Econ at LSE and MMORSE at warwick (2ndchoice)

sit MAT exam on 6th

Oh right that now makes sense haha.

Awesome choices! So you'd like your 2nd choice as your first and your first as your insurance???
Good luck :biggrin: I'm sure they will soon though...provided UCAS is back up and running and there are no more problems with your application.
Cool and whats like the score you need???

Original post by furryface12
:biggrin: Nice, there're a lot of economics applicants about on here! I'm applying for physics, may not be this year though things keep changing at the minute :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey :hello: Are you taking a gap year??? I am :smile:
Reply 6022
Original post by keromedic
i'm good thanks. Just doing some mechanics :h

Phwoar. :tongue: Sounds like my worst nightmare! :biggrin:

Original post by adi19956
UCAS just emailed me to say Track has updated, but of course Track is shut today :'(

WTH UCAS? Why today?

A lot of us seem to be having the same thing! It's more than likely an offer? :wink:
Reply 6023
People say that, but if you told me to write an english essay or something (or economics come to that matter) I wouldn't know where to start! Yeah I'll get a job and try and do some work experience and things, I'll decide nearer the time when I have some idea of what's likely to be happening if that's the case.

Where have you applied/are you thinking of applying?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah okay, sounds nice!

I'm applying to Warwick, Exeter, Nottingham, Birmingham and York :smile: If you do apply, any idea where you'd like to go? :smile:
UCAS just emailed me to say Track has updated, but of course Track is shut today :'(

WTH UCAS? Why today?

You're the third person to say that! Good luck, I'm sure it's an offer really :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lucine.B

Hey :biggrin: Yeah probably, what are you going to do with it? And what are you applying for afterwards, or don't you know yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha dw about it, I barely post anyways so end up just skipping the pages :tongue:

Welcome! :h: how are ya???

I'm good thanks :smile: you? How's UCAS going?
Ah okay, sounds nice!

I'm applying to Warwick, Exeter, Nottingham, Birmingham and York :smile: If you do apply, any idea where you'd like to go? :smile:

Wow, nice choices! Depends on predicted grades which I'll get next week, but possibly something like Edinburgh, Exeter, Leicester, Heriot-Watt and Keele, where Edinburgh and Keele are for physics and music :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6028
Oh right that now makes sense haha.

Awesome choices! So you'd like your 2nd choice as your first and your first as your insurance???
Good luck :biggrin: I'm sure they will soon though...provided UCAS is back up and running and there are no more problems with your application.
Cool and whats like the score you need???

Yeah basically im undecided between my top two choices as to which i would pick if i got an offer from both (oxford and warwick).

Theres not really a set score, they look at ur score against the average score of the cohort...you never even find out your mark, so my aim is to just get as high as i can (makes sense!)

Where are you applying to then?
Hey :biggrin: Yeah probably, what are you going to do with it? And what are you applying for afterwards, or don't you know yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

:smile: Cool, yes I have most of it planned and it entails a lot of travelling, mainly volunteering but a few are work opportunities/ fundraising etc. then there's just standard travelling since I just love soaking up different cultures! :h:
You got any plans??? Ah yes I do I shall be applying for Psychology :biggrin: ...abroad you???
Reply 6030
Original post by SophF_rth
Not bad thanks. Glad it's half term :smile: you?

Totally welcome. :cool: I'm actually upset about it. But we will do something soon I'm sure of it. What are you dressing as? :tongue: Haha oh my, so clever of you. It's crazy 18 already!

haha, into my 2nd week off now :wink: Yeah, I'm good, just crazy excited about the next couple of days :smile:

Yeah definitely, and when you turn 18 we can go for a night out or whatever ;P It's actually quite lame this year as I was a zombie nurse last year and that seems to be what's 'in' this year, so I'm a zombie school girl :') mind you, it's quite a good costume! Slightly gross, but it's Halloween so whatever :wink:
Hi welcome to :tsr: :wink:

Thanks for the great welcome :bigsmile:

Hey! :biggrin:
Reply 6033
Wow, nice choices! Depends on predicted grades which I'll get next week, but possibly something like Edinburgh, Exeter, Leicester, Heriot-Watt and Keele, where Edinburgh and Keele are for physics and music :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah, thank you! Wouldn't really mind going to any of them, as long as it's a nice green campus uni, I'm happy ;P

Oh okay, good luck and I hope you get the predicted grades you need! Nice mix of unis there :') Going to Scotland was out of the question for me, it's too far from London haha!

Physics and music - that's a pretty cool combination there :') play an instrument?
Original post by IceKidd
Yeah basically im undecided between my top two choices as to which i would pick if i got an offer from both (oxford and warwick).

Theres not really a set score, they look at ur score against the average score of the cohort...you never even find out your mark, so my aim is to just get as high as i can (makes sense!)

Where are you applying to then?

Ah right cool, I reckon when you get an email you'll know the right decision to make...or it should at least be easier :redface:
They're both great uni's so either way you'd get a good degree out of it I guess its just the fact that Warwick is with Economics did you say???

Ah right, hmm odd. I see cool, that's a good plan haha. I'm sure you'll do really well though :smile:

I'm applying to a few universities in Australia, One in Japan and one in Italy...though I am keeping my options open and looking at a few more uni's in Europe.
That sounds even worse :wink: But probably the best way to do it, I'd say you'll have fewer exams then but knowing you you'll probably end up with more :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll have FP2-3, the 6 science exams, French exam. I'm tempted to pick up AS German or Spanish
:smile: Cool, yes I have most of it planned and it entails a lot of travelling, mainly volunteering but a few are work opportunities/ fundraising etc. then there's just standard travelling since I just love soaking up different cultures! :h:
You got any plans??? Ah yes I do I shall be applying for Psychology :biggrin: ...abroad you???

Cool, I might do a bit of travelling too if i ever get that far! And psychology, interesting!

Not really yet as I may not take one, but probably some volunteering, work experience etc and some musicy stuff, maybe also travelling as you say if I can :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
haha, into my 2nd week off now :wink: Yeah, I'm good, just crazy excited about the next couple of days :smile:

Yeah definitely, and when you turn 18 we can go for a night out or whatever ;P It's actually quite lame this year as I was a zombie nurse last year and that seems to be what's 'in' this year, so I'm a zombie school girl :') mind you, it's quite a good costume! Slightly gross, but it's Halloween so whatever :wink:

You're so lucky, like my niece! I bet you are, with all your things planned.

Yeah, we'll try to sort that out. I just wished I lived closer to Landaan. :frown: oh okay, :eek: that sounds good, yes it is Halloween! i'll be awaiting pictures though. What is Kyuri going to be? :smile:
Original post by jessiejones
I'm good thanks :smile: you? How's UCAS going?

Cool :biggrin: Ah...I'm not applying through UCAS :tongue: I'm applying to universities abroad hehe, but not this year next as I am taking a gap year. Wbu???
Ah, thank you! Wouldn't really mind going to any of them, as long as it's a nice green campus uni, I'm happy ;P

Oh okay, good luck and I hope you get the predicted grades you need! Nice mix of unis there :') Going to Scotland was out of the question for me, it's too far from London haha!

Physics and music - that's a pretty cool combination there :') play an instrument?

And me, I don't really want to be in a big city although Edinburgh seems pretty cool! And yeah, they're a bit of a random mix but there you go :tongue:

I want to far away! Although Keele is pretty close to home so I don't really want to go there.

Yep, I play flute and saxophone :biggrin: You?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)

Latest