The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6040
Original post by lucine.B
Ah right cool, I reckon when you get an email you'll know the right decision to make...or it should at least be easier :redface:
They're both great uni's so either way you'd get a good degree out of it I guess its just the fact that Warwick is with Economics did you say???

Ah right, hmm odd. I see cool, that's a good plan haha. I'm sure you'll do really well though :smile:

I'm applying to a few universities in Australia, One in Japan and one in Italy...though I am keeping my options open and looking at a few more uni's in Europe.

Yeah! Maths at Oxf and MORSE at warwick (MORSE=maths,operatonal research, stats & economics)

Wow all over the place! Have you applied to any unis in england aswell??
Reply 6041
Original post by SophF_rth
You're so lucky, like my niece! I bet you are, with all your things planned.

Yeah, we'll try to sort that out. I just wished I lived closer to Landaan. :frown: oh okay, :eek: that sounds good, yes it is Halloween! i'll be awaiting pictures though. What is Kyuri going to be? :smile:

Yeah, photos will definitely be up on Facebook ;P I actually have no clue what she's coming as! We were supposed to be the same thing, but I think that plan sort of fizzled out haha!
Original post by furryface12
Cool, I might do a bit of travelling too if i ever get that far! And psychology, interesting!

Not really yet as I may not take one, but probably some volunteering, work experience etc and some musicy stuff, maybe also travelling as you say if I can :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cool haha why wouldn't you??? Yes I find it very interesting too XD

Right okay i see. Cool yeah similar to me then! Awesome musicy stuff??? Music is my life, quite literally what keeps my heart beating and the air I breathe (not to sound cheesy :colondollar:)
My ultimate dream is to be a singer-songwriter so just working on like my mixtape and that atm :smile:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
I'll have FP2-3, the 6 science exams, French exam. I'm tempted to pick up AS German or Spanish

That's not as bad as mine will be then actually, assuming you don't have any retakes! I thought about taking german, glad I didn't now though- too much vocab!

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's not as bad as mine will be then actually, assuming you don't have any retakes! I thought about taking german, glad I didn't now though- too much vocab!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I genuinely don't think I'll have to resit unless I'm ill or something...

Posted from TSR Mobile

nor as bad as mine!
Reply 6046
I'll have FP2-3, the 6 science exams, French exam. I'm tempted to pick up AS German or Spanish

You always want to do everything, dont you!
Original post by IceKidd
Yeah! Maths at Oxf and MORSE at Warwick (MORSE=maths,operational research, stats & economics)

Wow all over the place! Have you applied to any unis in England as well??

:smile: Ah right I get ya. 'morse' huh??? All it makes me think of is Morse code haha. It sounds very interesting...what would you do in operational research is that the kind of things a business would do with their operational targets???

Haha yes, need to get away from the family :tongue: Um...no. I did think about it so that I could have some safety choices but then decided not to as that just made me assume I wouldn't get into any of the uni's but I fully intend to...if that makes sense lol.
Cool haha why wouldn't you??? Yes I find it very interesting too XD

Right okay i see. Cool yeah similar to me then! Awesome musicy stuff??? Music is my life, quite literally what keeps my heart beating and the air I breathe (not to sound cheesy :colondollar:)
My ultimate dream is to be a singer-songwriter so just working on like my mixtape and that atm :smile:

I've been ill recently which is partly why I'm not sure, I'll decide nearer the time :smile:

I don't find it cheesy, I know what you mean! And yeah, I'll do some theory and learn piano for a bit, and keep going with what I do of course! I'd love to be in a professional orchestra, that's not going to happen though, not least I don't do music A level :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile

How are ya my education loving friend??? :biggrin:
Good luck with the exams btw...how did your last ones go???
just realised that even though I've done French and latin I too am tempted to do Spanish as an AS...though would never do German lol esp. as I haven't even done the GCSE :mmm:.
(edited 10 years ago)
I genuinely don't think I'll have to resit unless I'm ill or something...

Fair enough, good luck then! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by keromedic
nor as bad as mine!

Yours is ridiculous! So many exams....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6052
And me, I don't really want to be in a big city although Edinburgh seems pretty cool! And yeah, they're a bit of a random mix but there you go :tongue:

I want to far away! Although Keele is pretty close to home so I don't really want to go there.

Yep, I play flute and saxophone :biggrin: You?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's good to have a random mix though ;P

Seriously?! I want to be far from home so my parents don't bug me, but close enough to get a train back if I feel abit homesick :wink:

Oh nice! I play piano :smile:
Reply 6053
:smile: Ah right I get ya. 'morse' huh??? All it makes me think of is Morse code haha. It sounds very interesting...what would you do in operational research is that the kind of things a business would do with their operational targets???

Haha yes, need to get away from the family :tongue: Um...no. I did think about it so that I could have some safety choices but then decided not to as that just made me assume I wouldn't get into any of the uni's but I fully intend to...if that makes sense lol.

im not too sure myself! But a bit similar to decision maths,...but more proper than what you do at alevel. Yeah things like operational issues in a business and manufacturing and production and that.

Hahah want to get that far away! I know what you mean though. My brother is at uni all the way over in New Zealand! But be warned, hes an unemotional **** and after 2 years he already misses it here!

Yeah igu...like why a prenup is pointless
Reply 6054
Original post by Paramore<3
Phwoar. :tongue: Sounds like my worst nightmare! :biggrin:

A lot of us seem to be having the same thing! It's more than likely an offer? :wink:

You're the third person to say that! Good luck, I'm sure it's an offer really :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is weird... Oh well we can only hope.

TENSE :nutcase::afraid:
Original post by Zigggyy.
It's good to have a random mix though ;P

Seriously?! I want to be far from home so my parents don't bug me, but close enough to get a train back if I feel abit homesick :wink:

Oh nice! I play piano :smile:

Hope so, I've certainly managed it!

There's something in that, that was also my logic but then I love the look of Edinburgh so it kind of failed a bit! There's a direct train though so not too bad for me :smile:

Cool! Wish I could play piano properly, I'll get round to learning one day :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IceKidd
You always want to do everything, dont you!

I know :frown:
How are ya my education loving friend??? :biggrin:
Good luck with the exams btw...how did your last ones go???
just realised that even though I've done French and latin I too am tempted to do Spanish as an AS...though would never do German lol esp. as I haven't even done the GCSE :mmm:.

:mmm: good, urmmm.

They were alright :tongue: you?

:five: they're so fun :biggrin: I think Spanish I don't need because I have French to show I can do Romance, but German is a different type?

I haven't got them at GCSE :erm:

Fair enough, good luck then! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I hope so anyway! Thanks
I've been ill recently which is partly why I'm not sure, I'll decide nearer the time :smile:

I don't find it cheesy, I know what you mean! And yeah, I'll do some theory and learn piano for a bit, and keep going with what I do of course! I'd love to be in a professional orchestra, that's not going to happen though, not least I don't do music A level :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah right I see, something major...or??? Yeah that's good then, if you're unsure about it no point planning anything now. :smile:

Oh great :smile: Awesome! Yeah stick to it, the Piano was my first instrument and I started learning from the age of 7, I think the feeling of loosing yourself in the piece is just fantastic! Would you like to learn anything else??? My friend is in the London youth symphony Orchestra, she plays violin. I played with them before but haven't ever again. Was planning on doing a conservatoire but no more.
I do Music A level.

Just saw that you play Sax and flute! I play both though sopped playing the flute ages ago lol. What sax do you play??? I play Alto and Soprano but I prefer Soprano :h:
(edited 10 years ago)

:mmm: good, urmmm.

They were alright :tongue: you?

:five: they're so fun :biggrin: I think Spanish I don't need because I have French to show I can do Romance, but German is a different type?

I haven't got them at GCSE :erm:

:biggrin:

Same. Pretty good I suppose but yeah alright :tongue:

Haha yes! Right yeah that makes sense but I mean why not??? Go for it!
:lol: ah yes the language of love...i can do that pretty well too :colone:though romance isn't my thing :colondollar: Yeah German is rather interesting! Stopped speaking it when I was about 13 though as there was no one to converse with.

Really??? Then how are you allowed to do them??? My school won't let me unless I have them as a GCSE...

Original post by IceKidd
im not too sure myself! But a bit similar to decision maths,...but more proper than what you do at alevel. Yeah things like operational issues in a business and manufacturing and production and that.

Hahah want to get that far away! I know what you mean though. My brother is at uni all the way over in New Zealand! But be warned, hes an unemotional **** and after 2 years he already misses it here!

Yeah igu...like why a prenup is pointless

Ah right. I see cool. Ah right yeah now that makes sense :tongue:

Of course! :biggrin: that and I have family quite literally all over the world so my choices are limited haha. How is he finding it??? I think its real nice over there but still looking at their uni's! Aww I know I would! Whenever I go back to America I completely miss it, but I think or rather I hope I'll settle in fine and enjoy my new life. I mean you're bound to miss it! But new experiences await hehe :smile:
Ah right I see, something major...or??? Yeah that's good then, if you're unsure about it no point planning anything now. :smile:

Oh great :smile: Awesome! Yeah stick to it, the Piano was my first instrument and I started learning from the age of 7, I think the feeling of loosing yourself in the piece is just fantastic! Would you like to learn anything else??? My friend is in the London youth symphony Orchestra, she plays violin. I played with them before but haven't ever again. Was planning on doing a conservatoire but no more.
I do Music A level.

Just saw that you play Sax and flute! I play both though sopped playing the flute ages ago lol. What sax do you play??? I play Alto and Soprano but I prefer Soprano :h:

We don't really know what it is, that's part of the problem, hence why I'm so unsure!

Exactly, that's why I like it! I love playing different instruments, if I get hold of another one I'll play it tbh :tongue: I used to be in a local orchestra but unfortunately had to stop a few years ago, I need to rejoin a different one although I still am in school obviously. What instrument did you play in it?

Cool, I play alto although I really want to try tenor! I like the sound of soprano though I've never played one.

Latest