The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lucine.B
Cool :biggrin: Ah...I'm not applying through UCAS :tongue: I'm applying to universities abroad hehe, but not this year next as I am taking a gap year. Wbu???

Oh wow.. Let me guess, are you applying to university in USA? :grin:
My college sent of my UCAS on Friday, just waiting on a reply now :biggrin:
:biggrin:

Same. Pretty good I suppose but yeah alright :tongue:

Haha yes! Right yeah that makes sense but I mean why not??? Go for it!
:lol: ah yes the language of love...i can do that pretty well too :colone:though romance isn't my thing :colondollar: Yeah German is rather interesting! Stopped speaking it when I was about 13 though as there was no one to converse with.

Really??? Then how are you allowed to do them??? My school won't let me unless I have them as a GCSE...

Romance I love :moon: it's the best, but I need to spread out my knowledge.

I'll convince them, I'm probably better than most of their students anyway...
Original post by furryface12
We don't really know what it is, that's part of the problem, hence why I'm so unsure!

Exactly, that's why I like it! I love playing different instruments, if I get hold of another one I'll play it tbh :tongue: I used to be in a local orchestra but unfortunately had to stop a few years ago, I need to rejoin a different one although I still am in school obviously. What instrument did you play in it?

Cool, I play alto although I really want to try tenor! I like the sound of soprano though I've never played one.

Ah right...same thing goes for me. I'm having so many tests and scans etc. to find out whats wrong. Its eating at my attendance but I guess my health is more important...just wish my school understood that!

Haha yes! Yeah same, do. Its great fun being able to play a variety of instruments XD Cool. Ah right, my school is trying to make me join theirs but I honestly don't have time anymore. My friend is just amazing at what she does...kinda forced me into joining the symphony orchestra but I'm glad :biggrin: it was fun. I played trombone :smile:

Tenor sounds amazing but for me soprano is where its at haha. My friend plays the alto sax so amazingly well and baritone! He's fab.

Original post by jessiejones
Oh wow.. Let me guess, are you applying to university in USA? :grin:
My college sent of my UCAS on Friday, just waiting on a reply now :biggrin:

Haha nope, I'm half American so have family there :tongue: the aim is to get away from family lol.
Atm I am looking at Australia, Italy & Japan though I am keeping my options open :smile:

Awesome! That's great, I wish you luck with those applications. :grin:
Where & what did you apply to study???
Yours is ridiculous! So many exams....

Posted from TSR Mobile

less now
13 instead of 15 as I've decided not to do the resits
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Romance I love :moon: it's the best, but I need to spread out my knowledge.

I'll convince them, I'm probably better than most of their students anyway...

Really??? I don't understand why people like it...its really not my thing :yucky: lol. Hmm don't you have enough knowledge?! :lol:
Maybe you just need some experience haha.

I should probably convince mine then! But I'm too lazy haha :tongue: Same lol I'm sure they'll let you on!
Really??? I don't understand why people like it...its really not my thing :yucky: lol. Hmm don't you have enough knowledge?! :lol:
Maybe you just need some experience haha.

I should probably convince mine then! But I'm too lazy haha :tongue: Same lol I'm sure they'll let you on!

:rofl:

I doubt I'll do it. It's a thought though...
Reply 6066
Hope so, I've certainly managed it!

There's something in that, that was also my logic but then I love the look of Edinburgh so it kind of failed a bit! There's a direct train though so not too bad for me :smile:

Cool! Wish I could play piano properly, I'll get round to learning one day :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's a nice instrument to play :') although I'd love to teach myself the guitar!
Original post by L'Evil Fish
:rofl:

I doubt I'll do it. It's a thought though...

:laugh:

Hmm same goes for me too what with having already done 2 and doing 6 a levels atm...dunno if I can be borthered. Though may do it in my gap year :biggrin:

Original post by Zigggyy.
It's a nice instrument to play :') although I'd love to teach myself the guitar!

Do it! :biggrin: i loved teaching myself guitar, had so much fun and really enjoy playing it now :biggrin: Oh yeah saw you play piano like me hehe.
Reply 6068

Do it! :biggrin: i loved teaching myself guitar, had so much fun and really enjoy playing it now :biggrin: Oh yeah saw you play piano like me hehe.

I want to, I've been telling myself I will every summer since the summer of year 10! My brother taught himself and he's really good, maybe soon hehe! Yeah, love my piano, it's nice to just get away from work and plaay haha!
I want to, I've been telling myself I will every summer since the summer of year 10! My brother taught himself and he's really good, maybe soon hehe! Yeah, love my piano, it's nice to just get away from work and plaay haha!

Haha aww, that was the same with me and the clarinet until my friend pushed me into it...though have kind of stopped now :tongue: Thats great! i say self taught is the best way unless you're a child! My brother also self taught so we self taught together which helped with a lack of motivation. But I think if you want something enough, you'll do whatever you can to get it. :smile:
I feel that way too! It was my first instrument so I just really enjoy playing the piano whenever I get the chance :biggrin:
Reply 6070
Original post by Paramore<3
Haha, oh dear! It's got to be a conspiracy. The timing is too well-planned. :holmes:
Found out my update was an offer though, yay! :biggrin:

Pray a uni emails you - my update turned out to be an offer! :smile:

how long after your track update did you get your uni email? Its beena bit over 2 and a half hours for me now
Reply 6071
Original post by IceKidd
how long after your track update did you get your uni email? Its beena bit over 2 and a half hours for me now

Hmm, about 20 minutes - it will vary from uni to uni though I guess! Tomorrow morning's not long away. :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6072
Original post by IceKidd

It's been 2 and 3/4 hours for me. No email :nutcase:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6073
Hmm, about 20 minutes - it will vary from uni to uni though I guess! Tomorrow morning's not long away. :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations on your offer!! :woo:
Ah right...same thing goes for me. I'm having so many tests and scans etc. to find out whats wrong. Its eating at my attendance but I guess my health is more important...just wish my school understood that!

Haha yes! Yeah same, do. Its great fun being able to play a variety of instruments XD Cool. Ah right, my school is trying to make me join theirs but I honestly don't have time anymore. My friend is just amazing at what she does...kinda forced me into joining the symphony orchestra but I'm glad :biggrin: it was fun. I played trombone :smile:

Tenor sounds amazing but for me soprano is where its at haha. My friend plays the alto sax so amazingly well and baritone! He's fab.

Yep, and me- I don't even know what my school attendance has been like this term, but I did manage one full week and to stay out of hospital (other than a few appointments etc) which is good! Mine keep saying 'oh yes, you have to get yourself better, take as much time as you need' etc and the next day it's like 'WHY WERE YOU NOT IN SCHOOL?!' which is a little bit annoying!

Wow, trombone! I love playing and singing in groups, so much better than being on your own! Most people are like that in our orchestra, I actually quite enjoy it though most of the time so go anyway when I can :biggrin:

I'd love to try baritone sax too, maybe if I save up long enough I'll get there one day but I can't see it happening any time soon :lol:

Original post by keromedic
less now
13 instead of 15 as I've decided not to do the resits

That's marginally better, still a lot though! I have 11 I think.

Yeah it is! Guitar's never really appealed to me that much, it's amazing when people play it well but it's more of a solo/band instrument with singing so I'd much rather play something with a larger group :colondollar:
Reply 6075
Original post by adi19956
Congratulations on your offer!! :woo:

Thank you v. much! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
GDSFGFDSGD:colondollar:

That's marginally better, still a lot though! I have 11 I think.

DHGFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFDFGHGFHGFHGDFRHGFDHFRDFSGVGFDSFHDGHSGBSDGSRDFEHGTSBQWEWERWERWEREWRWEQRWEQRWRWREWRRERERERERERERERERERERERERERWRQWRWEREWRWERWERWEREREREMEMEMEMEMEMEMEDGDGDGDGDSFSDGGRETEDSFDFGDFGDFGDGDFGVDFVJKDFBGHFDKLGJFHDLDKSJHDFSLGKFDJHGDFLGKDFJHGFDGHJLKFDGDFJKGFDGFDHJKGFDLKHJFDGDFGHJKDGDFGLHKFDGGFDHLJKFGDFGFGLJKHGFSDHLJKFGDSHLJKGDFSLJHKGFDSGDFSHDFSGDFSHGDFSGDFSLJKHGDHLJGDDFGDFGSHJKLDFDGFHLDGGDFHDFSDFGSGJKHGSJKHFGSHGDHLGDFGDFSHDFGDFGJDFGSDGFDGFSJKDSFDHDFHLJKFDGHLJDFSGFDHJGSDGDFSHJDFGGDFSHJKDFSGSGDFHJKSDFGKHJDSGFJKHLGDFGDFSHLDGFGDFSJKDFGDFSGJKHGDSFGDFSHJKGDFSHLKJGDFSHJKLGDFDFGSJKDFSGDFSGHJLKDFSGDFSHLJKGDGDFSHJGDFHLGFJKGDFSDGFLJGDFSGDFSLGDFSDFGLJKGDFGDFSLJKGDFJLKDFGSLKJGDFSGDFSJKLOGDFGDFSKFGGFKGGKGKGKGGKGGKp

Lol, I'd still have more than you even if I wasn't doing an extra AS, HAHA
Reply 6077

Posted from TSR Mobile

But but but but.... :'(
Reply 6078
Original post by adi19956
It's been 2 and 3/4 hours for me. No email :nutcase:

did u get an update email too. i got one from my 1st offer from the uni the next day, but never one from ucas. i wonder if this is a *Late* update for that !
Yep, and me- I don't even know what my school attendance has been like this term, but I did manage one full week and to stay out of hospital (other than a few appointments etc) which is good! Mine keep saying 'oh yes, you have to get yourself better, take as much time as you need' etc and the next day it's like 'WHY WERE YOU NOT IN SCHOOL?!' which is a little bit annoying!

Wow, trombone! I love playing and singing in groups, so much better than being on your own! Most people are like that in our orchestra, I actually quite enjoy it though most of the time so go anyway when I can :biggrin:

I'd love to try baritone sax too, maybe if I save up long enough I'll get there one day but I can't see it happening any time soon :lol:

Haha, well at least they can be nice to you! Mine are absolutely horrible and just keep putting unauthorized absences down! Honestly they just piss me off and its making the problem worse, so I just want to find out what is going on ASAP.

Mmm! I love singing in and out of groups tbh but would much rather be a solo singer :smile: I've gotten over my nerves lately and though they're still very much there ti can still perform with them, I also think they make me perform much better so they're good I guess. I mean nerves are always good :tongue: keeps ya on your toes lol.
Aww haha, my timetable is completely different this year so don't actually get the chance to go to orchestra :tongue:

Its great! Same, I don't yet have a baritone but it'll take me a while too. What with all this travelling :laugh:

Latest