The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Mourinho:

"I normally don't praise players individually - and probably this week people are thinking about Samuel and Fernando - but I am not. I think they are good players and good professionals, so sooner or later performances and goals come for them. I felt it was very normal to see them score their goals and to see the way they performed for us last week.
Instead, I go out of my line to praise Cesar. I love these players who play where the team need them, when the coach wants, whether it is for 90 minutes or coming from the bench for one minute. For them it is the team first, the team second, and the team third - and finally they think about themselves. They train hard every day, they are self-motivated, but they are also pushing others in the same direction.
So please, supporters, I hope you like him and respect him as much as I do. Players win matches, squads win titles - I am a lucky manager to have Cesar."

Original post by Skkc16
Any lineup predictions for tomorrow?
I'm going with
Schwarzer- Azpi-Luiz- Kalas(?)- Bertrand
Essien-Ake-
KDB-Mata- Kiwomya
Ba

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same thing but maybe Izzy brown in place of Kiwomya or Ba.

Original post by jam277
X

Yeah, Terry's passing is quite underrated IMO. He's really good at it. In general even at 32 he's still showing his class. Wonder how we're going to replace him.

David Luiz is funny man. Think he could seriously become a great player but he's just a goofball. He's more talented than Cahill in that sense and has better attributes (e.g yesterday Luiz would have the pace to potentially hinder or stop Aguero from shooting unlike Cahill) but far less reliable).

So Schurrle would be good for teams who like to play more defensively then... makes sense.
Original post by Skkc16
Any lineup predictions for tomorrow?
I'm going with
Schwarzer- Azpi-Luiz- Kalas(?)- Bertrand
Essien-Ake-
KDB-Mata- Kiwomya
Ba

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think Willian will start alongside KDB and Mata. Perhaps Terry too to solidify an otherwise vulnerable backline.

Original post by The Assassin
Mourinho:

Instead, I go out of my line to praise Cesar. I love these players who play where the team need them, when the coach wants, whether it is for 90 minutes or coming from the bench for one minute. For them it is the team first, the team second, and the team third - and finally they think about themselves. They train hard every day, they are self-motivated, but they are also pushing others in the same direction.
So please, supporters, I hope you like him and respect him as much as I do. Players win matches, squads win titles - I am a lucky manager to have Cesar."

Nice to hear. I guess he sees a bit of Paulo Ferreira in Azpi.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Isometrix
I think Willian will start alongside KDB and Mata. Perhaps Terry too to solidify an otherwise vulnerable backline.

Is that a compliment? :colondollar:

I thought that exact same thing.
Original post by Zerforax
Is that a compliment? :colondollar:

Haha in terms of professionalism.

Mate Paulo was sick back in his day!
Reply 7325

Willian yeah coz he didn't play for too long on yesterday but I highly doubt Terry will coz he's been playing a lot lately and he's getting on a bit aha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7326
Original post by The Assassin
a

Better hope Chalobah does it, terry did play in CM when he was younger(explains his ball playing skills) David luiz may finally step up and be like dante last season under heynckes. There will be a player available, but I don't envisage the pairing being luiz and cahill(neither do I want it to be)

Agree on luiz, too inconsistent, could be our best CB if he performed like he did in the final of confeds cup each match.

Not just against more defensive teams, against teams who press high up too due to his pace plus he helps out defensively. It's why I think arsenal should have gone for di maria instead of ozil and still retain this point, ozil'll flat track bully 80% of opposition tbf so you can't complain too much but they need wingbacks who are able to provide width in the 3AM system(gibbs yes sagna no) and also be able to get back. You need a guy like schurrle/walnut/pedrito in the side despite how frustrating they can be.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 7327
Original post by Skkc16
Willian yeah coz he didn't play for too long on yesterday but I highly doubt Terry will coz he's been playing a lot lately and he's getting on a bit aha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Luiz cahill will be fine for arsenal U21's tbh. Bertrand and azpi should play, although I wouldn't mind ivan being there to solidify the backline but he's gonna be tired from all the running and defending he did.
Hazard short listed for FIFA Ballon d'Or award.
Original post by Enoxial

HOW!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

U jelly :smug:
Original post by jam277
Better hope Chalobah does it, terry did play in CM when he was younger(explains his ball playing skills) David luiz may finally step up and be like dante last season under heynckes. There will be a player available, but I don't envisage the pairing being luiz and cahill(neither do I want it to be)

Agree on luiz, too inconsistent, could be our best CB if he performed like he did in the final of confeds cup each match.

Not just against more defensive teams, against teams who press high up too due to his pace plus he helps out defensively. It's why I think arsenal should have gone for di maria instead of ozil and still retain this point, ozil'll flat track bully 80% of opposition tbf so you can't complain too much but they need wingbacks who are able to provide width in the 3AM system(gibbs yes sagna no) and also be able to get back. You need a guy like schurrle/walnut/pedrito in the side despite how frustrating they can be.

You need flat track bullies to win the league (12 of the 19 teams in the league are poor to average). Man Utd have shown that and it shows why league winners don't always win the champions league.
Original post by Enoxial

But no Mata. :lolwut:
Reply 7333
Original post by Mr.Messy
But no Mata. :lolwut:

Hazard is the hipsters choice tbf.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zerforax
You need flat track bullies to win the league (12 of the 19 teams in the league are poor to average). Man Utd have shown that and it shows why league winners don't always win the champions league.

That's what United had with Ronaldo who would often be the distance between 1 and 3 points for them, especially in 2006-07. He got better the next 2 seasons but he was still a flat-track bully. Rooney to some extent had that kinda steamrolling attitude.

When we won the league, one of ours was Robben who would often come up with goods with his pace, crossing and clinical finishing. I always thought that the reason why we lost the league to United from 2007-09 was because we didn't quite have that kind of player. on our day, there wasn't much between us and United but when we needed someone to pull us out of a 0-0/1-1 we didn't have that kind of player while United did in Ronaldo.

I think Hazard could be our difference maker in that aspect. He had a long season last year- playing over 60 games and it's not easy to keep the intensity up so I reckon he needs a rest
Reply 7335
Original post by The Rusty Spork
Hazard is the hipsters choice tbf.

Posted from TSR Mobile

How is mazzari not on the managers list, yet arsene wenger is? :lol:
Gotta love the Micky Mouse cup. Come on lads!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Team v Arsenal: Schwarzer; Azpilicueta, Cahill, D Luiz, Bertrand; Essien (c), Mikel; De Bruyne, Mata, Willian; Eto’o

Subs v Arsenal: Blackman, Ivanovic, Kalas, Ramires, Hazard, Torres, Ba

what do we think lads ?
(edited 10 years ago)
I love how that's actually our second string team :rofl:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Kalas not starting :frown:

Latest