The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Uni of Manchester Freshers 2014-15

Scroll to see replies

Reply 260
Just got an interview for biochemistry with a year in industry at Manchester :biggrin:
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by crlynswkylyn
Helloooo :smile:
I've received an offer from Manchester for Chemical Engineering :biggrin:

Congratulations! :biggrin:

I've applied to Manchester for ChemEng :smile: Did you not have an interview? What was your offer?
Sorry for all the questions!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by x-Sophie-x
Congratulations! :biggrin:

I've applied to Manchester for ChemEng :smile: Did you not have an interview? What was your offer?
Sorry for all the questions!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hello!

We actually chatted with each other briefly in the Chemical Engineering Applicants forum hehe. I posted about my offer there earlier. I'm not sure if you remembered! :smile:

I'm an international applicant, so I had no interview. My offer's AAA :smile: and don't worry about it!
Hello :smile:

I see many people have received emails and were invited for interviews.. first of all, congrats! And then, should I be worried? :s-smilie:

Also, I got an email in which they asked me to send them proof of my qualifications. Do they usually do this or... ?
Reply 264
I've just been given an offer for mechanical engineering 4 years, without an interview is this normal ?
Original post by pearsandbananas
Hello :smile:

I see many people have received emails and were invited for interviews.. first of all, congrats! And then, should I be worried? :s-smilie:

Also, I got an email in which they asked me to send them proof of my qualifications. Do they usually do this or... ?

Don't be worried. Some departments have done nothing yet (e.g. law and medicine), others have kept relatively quiet (e.g. nursing), and others are in full swing (e.g. politics). Even so, some people will have applied before you, and so will have been looked at first. If you've been waiting a while, worst case scenario is that you've been put onto the maybe pile, and so they'll decide later on when they've got a better idea of the number and calibre of candidates.

With regards to asking for proof of qualifications, if you're applying on a gap year, or with qualifications that aren't A Levels, this is pretty normal.

What subject are you applying for, and when did you send off your UCAS?

Original post by amyymmmm
I've just been given an offer for mechanical engineering 4 years, without an interview is this normal ?

Congratulations! The only other person on here that I know of to have a MechEng offer is ShayanM and they didn't mention having an interview, so it might just be normal.
Reply 266
Congratulations! The only other person on here that I know of to have a MechEng offer is ShayanM and they didn't mention having an interview, so it might just be normal.

Thanks that's good to know!
Original post by Origami Bullets
Don't be worried. Some departments have done nothing yet (e.g. law and medicine), others have kept relatively quiet (e.g. nursing), and others are in full swing (e.g. politics). Even so, some people will have applied before you, and so will have been looked at first. If you've been waiting a while, worst case scenario is that you've been put onto the maybe pile, and so they'll decide later on when they've got a better idea of the number and calibre of candidates.

With regards to asking for proof of qualifications, if you're applying on a gap year, or with qualifications that aren't A Levels, this is pretty normal.

What subject are you applying for, and when did you send off your UCAS?

Okay, thank you so much! :smile:

I applied for Medicine and sent in on the 15th. I know it was stupid of me to wait until the last day, but I had some financial problems and..

Oh well.. Thank you again :biggrin:
Original post by pearsandbananas
Okay, thank you so much! :smile:

I applied for Medicine and sent in on the 15th. I know it was stupid of me to wait until the last day, but I had some financial problems and..

Oh well.. Thank you again :biggrin:

I very much doubt that you're the only one who sent their application in on the 15th! If you head over to the medicine forum, you'll be able to find lots of other medicine applicants (Manchester and elsewhere) who are equally stressed about their UCAS!
I got an invitation today to the pre-offer open day for Geology!! I sent my application last Wednesday, the main admissions tutor emailed me the next day, then this morning the admission tutor at SEAES emails to say they're considering my application and sent me an email this evening :smile: so happy
conditional offer for PPE
Original post by FlyHigh_er
I got an invitation today to the pre-offer open day for Geology!! I sent my application last Wednesday, the main admissions tutor emailed me the next day, then this morning the admission tutor at SEAES emails to say they're considering my application and sent me an email this evening :smile: so happy

Congratulations!

Original post by KANTtouchthis123
conditional offer for PPE

Well done on your offer. I love your username!
Reply 272
GUYS!!!!!

I got an offer for Law with Criminology today!!!!

Btw- this is my first offer from my 5 unis
My conditional offer is ABB - Law with Criminology!!! UoM
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by aliakhan
GUYS!!!!!

I got an offer for Law with Criminology today!!!!

Btw- this is my first offer from my 5 unis
My conditional offer is ABB - Law with Criminology!!! UoM

:woo: Many congratulations - I know that you were really worried about your Manchester offer!
Reply 274
Original post by Origami Bullets
:woo: Many congratulations - I know that you were really worried about your Manchester offer!

ikr?? !!! im just sooo happy right now, i dont think im gonna get any sleep! :mmm:

I guess my mum is right- All good things come to those who wait?? :-P :-$
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 275
I got an interview for Zoology on the 20th !! Just one thing I can't confirm my interview, because the website says there is no record of it. Does anyone know what the problem is?
Reply 276
Hey guys, I've got an interview for Chemical engineering in December. Does anyone know how the interview works? And do you guys have any tips? Thanks :smile:
YES offer for social anthropology ABB :biggrin: yeeeeeeah buddy
Original post by blueboa
I got an interview for Zoology on the 20th !! Just one thing I can't confirm my interview, because the website says there is no record of it. Does anyone know what the problem is?

Not a clue what the problem might be, but I would suggest emailing the department.
Original post by turnedbrain
I don't think you need that much preparation! Any Nerdfighter is naturally awesome! Yet, for some reason, I still wake up every morning two hours earlier than necessary to revise chemistry and biology.

How did you get into Nerdfighteria?

Wow, that's commitment! I tried to do that once, but getting up is too damn hard.

Watched YouTube, found John and Hank, loved them - pretty standard.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending