The Student Room Group

Economics applicant thread UCAS 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Millerman
where do you prople find out about what tests you need to sit when applying for uni. i.e the TSA

It says on UCAS
Original post by SP10
Well it hasn't updated on track. I saw it on the Kent portal thing so you should check that :wink:

I have an offer too! :biggrin: No idea what is up with Track:confused:
Original post by Epic Flawless
Hmm, I'm glad that we can come to an agreement. Financial regulation is never easy to put in place as these financial instiutions will always lobby against it but nonetheless, progress has been made.

In the US, there is the Volcker rule which increased regulation on derivatives as well as othermeasures whilst in Europe, there are the Basel capital requirements that have been introduced which has increased the capital that banks have to keep in their reserves to prevent banks from collapsing, should a bank run arise.

Matthew Libman worked with civil rights leaders to push for the Volcker Rule implementation (forcing banks to stop gambling and resume lending). Jesse Jackson Sr. and Ben Jealous, the president of the NAACP, leaned on Sanford Weil (Citigroup Chairman) and Barack Obama, and they won.

Video (1 minute): http://youtu.be/A3wDjAugaRg
Original post by cathrg26

So is that 3/5 offers now? And well done!

And 'Gratz to everyone else^. Too many of you to quote.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1704

Congratulations!
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
So is that 3/5 offers now? And well done!

And 'Gratz to everyone else^. Too many of you to quote.

Yes it is! :biggrin: Hehe thanks. How are you doing?
Original post by SP10
Congratulations!

Thanks!
Reply 1707
Original post by Fas
offer from york !! AAB offer i am really chuffed ! :smile:

Well done mate!
Original post by Giant
Well done mate!

cheers pal , i am really happy - not gonna be spending another year at home now hopefully :tongue: all i need now is a Bath offer and im sorted!

hows things on your end? ( btw anyone with a York offer , which Visit Day are you guys planning on going to? )
Bagged an offer from Exeter!
Yes it is! :biggrin: Hehe thanks. How you doing?

I'm doing good thanks and you?
Reply 1711
Original post by Fas
cheers pal , i am really happy - not gonna be spending another year at home now hopefully :tongue: all i need now is a Bath offer and im sorted!

hows things on your end? ( btw anyone with a York offer , which Visit Day are you guys planning on going to? )

[Only] the one so far - Bristol. Pretty pleased, just one of my other 4 (Camb, UCL, LSE and Warwick) would be bliss for me :smile: Mostly just relieved that my high risk strategy didn't culminate in me getting 5 rejections :tongue:
I'm doing good thanks and you?

I'm good :smile: Have you heard back from any of your unis?
I'm good Have you heard back from any of your unis?

Nope, no offers yet. Can only imagine how you must be feeling right now with 3! :tongue:
Original post by Fas

Do you know if you have to go to a visit day at York if you have an offer? It's just that I don't really want to have to take time out of school since I'm incredibly busy (with Oxford interview prep and Target 2.0) and already know it's my back up since it's the lowest grades. If they're still doing visit days in January or February I'd sign up for it, but I really shouldn't be missing 1-2 days of school to visit a uni I've already seen...
Congrats to everyone with offers..!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nope, no offers yet. Can only imagine how you must be feeling right now with 3! :tongue:

Haha I'm pretty comfortable now. Oh that sucks, where have you applied?
Haha I'm pretty comfortable now. Oh that sucks, where have you applied?

Cambs, LSE, UCL, Warwick and Bristol. Yh it must be comforting knowing you're wanted somewhere :smile:
Original post by robin1125
Do you know if you have to go to a visit day at York if you have an offer? It's just that I don't really want to have to take time out of school since I'm incredibly busy (with Oxford interview prep and Target 2.0) and already know it's my back up since it's the lowest grades. If they're still doing visit days in January or February I'd sign up for it, but I really shouldn't be missing 1-2 days of school to visit a uni I've already seen...

i looked on the York Gateway thing and there's a visit day in March that you can go to, there's three more aswell, one is 27th November and the other two ive forgotten ! i'll just check and tell you :smile:
Well done to everyone who has received offers! I'm just sitting here, waiting patiently. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending