The Student Room Group

Physics 2014 Entry Hopefuls!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 640
Original post by anniedavies
I'm glad I'm not the only one going a bit mad! Just booked Lancaster Interview day - quite excited!

Nope you're definitely not!

Good luck!
Original post by alow
Nope you're definitely not!

Good luck!

haha! Thank you - you too! Not that you need it with your unconditional offer!! So jealous :wink:
Reply 642
haha! Thank you - you too! Not that you need it with your unconditional offer!! So jealous :wink:

I've got an interview at Manchester next week though so I need some luck for that haha

It did feel good to know I'm going to study physics next year no matter what :smile:
Original post by alow
I've got an interview at Manchester next week though so I need some luck for that haha

It did feel good to know I'm going to study physics next year no matter what :smile:

Oh okay then good luck :wink: and arw yeah I wish I had that! Do you think its a bad sign that I haven't been offered an interview at Manchester yet? :s-smilie:
Reply 644
Oh okay then good luck :wink: and arw yeah I wish I had that! Do you think its a bad sign that I haven't been offered an interview at Manchester yet? :s-smilie:

Thanks :smile: I doubt it is with your predicted grades, when did you send your application? I may have just offered an interview because I've already got my grades or something like that.
Original post by alow
Thanks :smile: I doubt it is with your predicted grades, when did you send your application? I may have just offered an interview because I've already got my grades or something like that.

I sent it on the 14th October and yeah maybe - okay I feel a bit better now! Thanks :wink:
Reply 646
I sent it on the 14th October and yeah maybe - okay I feel a bit better now! Thanks :wink:

Well I sent mine on the 8th of October so that could be why, perhaps they're just interviewing based on when they received the applications. No problem :smile:
Original post by alow
Well I sent mine on the 8th of October so that could be why, perhaps they're just interviewing based on when they received the applications. No problem :smile:

Ahhh okay that's good - have you ever thought about being a therapist? :wink:
Reply 648
Ahhh okay that's good - have you ever thought about being a therapist? :wink:

Not exactly what I planned on doing with a physics degree :P
Original post by alow

Well... no I guess not :wink:
Reply 650
Applied for Cambridge, Edinburgh, Leeds, UCL and Durham on the 3rd of October and still no reply :frown:
Original post by alow

Hey, I had an interview at Manchester yesterday for physics and astrophysics and they said that they're almost certainly going to give everyone who is invited to interview an offer. I guess that this counts for your interview day too, so just don't stress or anything! Best of luck :smile:
Reply 652
Original post by Jtw95
Applied for Cambridge, Edinburgh, Leeds, UCL and Durham on the 3rd of October and still no reply :frown:

I applied a week after you and I'm in the same position. It's so irritating not knowing what is going on with your application. The longer it goes on the less hopeful I become.
Reply 653
Original post by flaptoad
I applied a week after you and I'm in the same position. It's so irritating not knowing what is going on with your application. The longer it goes on the less hopeful I become.

Its horrible, Durham just asked me for my UMS and I've got some visit day at Leeds. I'd kill to just know I had one offer :frown:
Reply 654
Original post by sofi.durward
Hey, I had an interview at Manchester yesterday for physics and astrophysics and they said that they're almost certainly going to give everyone who is invited to interview an offer. I guess that this counts for your interview day too, so just don't stress or anything! Best of luck :smile:

Congrats on your (almost certain) offer!

Yeah I'd assume it would as I got my interview straight after I sent my application.

Thanks! :smile:
Original post by Jtw95
Its horrible, Durham just asked me for my UMS and I've got some visit day at Leeds. I'd kill to just know I had one offer :frown:

I sent my application on 14th and received an offer from Edinburgh on 23rd. I think you should check EUCLID again.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 656
Original post by KorPhysicist
I sent my application on 14th and received an offer from Edinburgh on 23rd. I think you should check EUCLID again.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've received an email from Edinburgh today saying that they will possibly make a decision about my application withink the next few weeks. Did you receive this email too?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IlariaM
I've received an email from Edinburgh today saying that they will possibly make a decision about my application withink the next few weeks. Did you receive this email too?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, I received that email today too! I'm now going to be anxiously checking my emails every 10 minutes haha!
Reply 658
Original post by Bounce00100
Hey, I received that email today too! I'm now going to be anxiously checking my emails every 10 minutes haha!

I did that even before getting the email, so now it's going to be even worse :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 659
Well... no I guess not :wink:

I don't think it's a particularly popular career choice for physics grads!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending