The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lolface32
Has anyone finished C1 in class (maths) , without doing anything outside class? We are taking a month on each chapter -_-

Really?! We're doing a topic a lesson (or less, in coordinate geometry we obviously didn't spend a whole lesson learning how to work out the gradient), although we have roughly a test a month and no homework (our homework is to go over things in the lesson, practice and do questions in the textbook at our own pace to make sure we understand for the next test).

However, there's only like 5 topics in C1 so considering that we have until May/June it's not THAT dire assuming you're like me and doing stats at the same time... Although, it will be a push for C2!

If you're not learning C1 and stats at the same time and taking a month a chapter then that's quite bad, yes! :tongue:
Original post by techno836

Below is a list of subjects and exam boards that we are all taking, I'm sure it will be useful when you need somebody to help you :h: (Newcomers please quote me if you wish to be added :h: )

Oooh! Add me!

I'm doing AQA geography, physics and chemistry and MEI maths.

I'm also doing general studies (compulsory for AQA bacc :mad:) but we'll argue about the appraisal of that A level another day :wink:
Original post by Pabblethefish
Oooh! Add me!

I'm doing AQA geography, physics and chemistry and MEI maths.

I'm also doing general studies (compulsory for AQA bacc :mad:) but we'll argue about the appraisal of that A level another day :wink:

Ugh general studies...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by marinajelly
Ugh general studies...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't mind it, we've had enrichment days and reasons for missing it so I've only have 2 or 3 lessons this half term and I read the news so I'm looking forward to essay writing (as a change from my AS subjects) but I'd so much prefer to have a free!

I'm actually looking forward to practicing essays for the science in culture exam though (if we even have practice essays?!) because I love a good science debate! :cool: We've just been looking at art which, whilst mildly interesting, I'd rather not.
Original post by lolface32
Has anyone finished C1 in class (maths) , without doing anything outside class? We are taking a month on each chapter -_-

Original post by JackTeh96
that's a slow speed...

Original post by twisted
month on each chapter? we spend less than a week on each. we did sequences in one lesson lol

Original post by sr234
My class is only half way through c1 were doing abit of s1 on the side and done 1 chapter of c2 - so unorganized:angry:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Really?! We're doing a topic a lesson (or less, in coordinate geometry we obviously didn't spend a whole lesson learning how to work out the gradient), although we have roughly a test a month and no homework (our homework is to go over things in the lesson, practice and do questions in the textbook at our own pace to make sure we understand for the next test).

However, there's only like 5 topics in C1 so considering that we have until May/June it's not THAT dire assuming you're like me and doing stats at the same time... Although, it will be a push for C2!

If you're not learning C1 and stats at the same time and taking a month a chapter then that's quite bad, yes! :tongue:

:colonhash:

I think my class may be going quite slowly now. We spent like FOREVER on differentiation because my MORON CLASSMATES can't grasp simple concepts (that was just me ranting a tad, I don't hold any malice towards them for it :tongue:). To be fair, the lower maths class is apparently worse :lol: Personally I think it's the teacher we did calculus with. She's not great. I'm fine, barely pay attention, but some of my classmates may actually suffer as a result of her :frown:

We are doing S1 at the same time (finishing each topic in like 5 minutes so far :colonhash:), so if that sort of makes up for it then cool :u:
I don't mind it, we've had enrichment days and reasons for missing it so I've only have 2 or 3 lessons this half term and I read the news so I'm looking forward to essay writing (as a change from my AS subjects) but I'd so much prefer to have a free!

I'm actually looking forward to practicing essays for the science in culture exam though (if we even have practice essays?!) because I love a good science debate! :cool: We've just been looking at art which, whilst mildly interesting, I'd rather not.

My school is doing it in a (possibly) cool way this year; only like the 50 top students in the sixth form have been chosen to do it, but we'll just be taking a day off-timetable, once each term, to hang out and be lectured to.

I have no idea what A Level General Studies is like, but I hope there's some Critical Thinking involved :tongue:
Original post by MangoFreak
My school is doing it in a (possibly) cool way this year; only like the 50 top students in the sixth form have been chosen to do it, but we'll just be taking a day off-timetable, once each term, to hang out and be lectured to.

I have no idea what A Level General Studies is like, but I hope there's some Critical Thinking involved :tongue:

Sounds cool!

For me there's two exams, one's called something like 'science in society' and the other 'art in society' and it's basically just writing about articles I think :s-smilie:

I just can't be bothered... :/ it's a waste of time, I want a free!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6588
Original post by OhSophie
Unfortunately for me, I feel like I'm doing too much work and I don't think it's paying off :ashamed:

Me too. It's sucky because then if you do end up coming out with bad grades you can't go 'oh I didn't try'

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6589
Original post by nombo
Man, I need a seating plan! I hate how nice my teachers are! :P

This! It's impossible to sit away from your friends in class without getting dodgy looks. Every time a teacher mentions a seating plan I'm like yessssssss!

Posted from TSR Mobile

When did this happen before like:confused:
Mooooorning :smile: how is it only Wednesday? :'( wish it was only Wednesday in my actual holidays - I have work experience :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mooooorning :smile: how is it only Wednesday? :'( wish it was only Wednesday in my actual holidays - I have work experience :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ooo where are you work experiencing? :tongue:. Have fun as you should be entitled to free biscuits

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nat_LPS
Ooo where are you work experiencing? :tongue:. Have fun as you should be entitled to free biscuits

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha I don't get anything! I'm working in the mortgage centre of the Royal Bank of Scotland :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I just can't be bothered... :/ it's a waste of time, I want a free!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have to do it for AQA Bacc though :frown:

Having said that, I'm not too bothered by it really. At my school, unless you're doing further maths, dance, Chinese or German (A levels in the enrichment block at my school, the only way you can do 5 ASs unless you self teach), then everyone has to turn up to the lesson but then the exam's optional anyway.
Original post by mangofreak

i would +rep but i've done it too recently
hi all, I've got 10 exams this summer; maths x3, further x3, econ x2 and history x2. can someone tell me when should i start revising and roughly how much i should be doing to get top grades? thanks
Original post by Millerman
hi all, I've got 10 exams this summer; maths x3, further x3, econ x2 and history x2. can someone tell me when should i start revising and roughly how much i should be doing to get top grades? thanks

depends entirely on your character

but really you should be revising now, in some capacity, however small
depends entirely on your character

but really you should be revising now, in some capacity, however small

okay, do you know how rare it is to get 4 A's at AS?

Latest