The Student Room Group

2014 Medicine Re-Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mubashir9995
So you guys actually put something in the interview section? I just left it blank lol no wonder i got no intervews. What exactly did you put in there if you don't mind me asking? And did you change it regarding the job that you were applying to?

Lol, don't be fooled because its optional. It's very much necessary if you want to hear back from anywhere. It's also important that you download the person specification so you can mention at least most of the points and show how you fulfill the criteria. It's like a checkbox. What I did was I applied for similar kinds of jobs so that I made minimal changes to the additional information, it saves time but yes, for most of them I made little if any changes.

Even with filling it out, there is no guarantees, I had filled in about 5 paragraphs of information for almost 20 jobs and only heard back from 2. It's a struggle but we'll get there :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2921
Guys, even though I should not be expecting emails so soon from the unis I have applied for, is it just me who is having a mini heart attack everytime my iPhone makes the "you have new mail" sound???

:zomg::zomg::zomg::zomg::zomg::zomg:

**** is seriously getting real now
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Dr.Ugs
Guys, even though I should not be expecting emails so soon from the unis I have applied for, is it just me who is having a mini heart attack everytime my iPhone makes the "you have new mail" sound???

You're a reapplicant, you should chill. You've been through the process before :tongue:
Reply 2923
Original post by FlavaFavourFruit
You're a reapplicant, you should chill. You've been through the process before :tongue:

Lol its become EVEN MORE nerve raking this year because this time its after much harder work and means A LOT more :frown:
Hi,
Hey guys, has anyone heard back anything from uni's?

Also, whats everyone doing i their gap yar to pass the time?

:smile:
Reply 2925
Original post by Chi-
Just checked your blog out! :biggrin:
It sounds like a good idea and a fun thing to do!
You have to be 18 to work as a HCA right?

Hi,

Thanks!
yes you do have to be 18.
Its tough and hard work but such a good experience and I'm enjoying it atm :smile:
Reply 2926
Original post by Dr.Ugs

I get that feeling but on a much much much much much lower scale lol, maybe in starting week I'll be fully ****ting it
Reply 2927
Original post by purple and gold
x
ain't heard ought back yet, remember its november when unis get ukcat scores :smile:
working keeps you pretty busy most of the time, but also just other gap year stuff - spent couple days organising travel, organised some new voluntary stuff a few weeks ago but am yet to start, caught up on some hobbies, seein friends who are still in the city.

Don't know if i'm the only one with loads of free time really? I've had a few days off work but it's kind of boring most days.. focusing more and more on interview stuff since tis the season.
Reply 2928
Original post by MX123
I get that feeling but on a much much much much much lower scale lol, maybe in starting week I'll be fully ****ting it

Lol im getting it now...imagine how it will be mid-November when I expect emails :eek:
Original post by Dr.Ugs
Lol im getting it now...imagine how it will be mid-November when I expect emails :eek:

I'm feeling it already too! Feel like it'll be scarier this year because it's the real deal! Where did you apply in the end?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2930
Original post by itsmagic
I'm feeling it already too! Feel like it'll be scarier this year because it's the real deal! Where did you apply in the end?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I hate this feeling lol.

Manchester, HYMS, Glasgow and UEA wbu? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2931
Original post by Siani94
Hi,

Thanks!
yes you do have to be 18.
Its tough and hard work but such a good experience and I'm enjoying it atm :smile:

Ah right,
well thats good to hear then, did you get the job after many interviews or like in one application?
Original post by Dr.Ugs
I hate this feeling lol.

Manchester, HYMS, Glasgow and UEA wbu? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well the feeling when we get interviews (fingers crossed) will be much better!
Ah I thought I'd seen you on the HYMS thread :smile:
Southampton, King's, HYMS and St George's

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tarquin Digby
Re-applicants for medicine are statistically 14 times more likely not to get an offer than first time applicants.

Good luck though! Keep trying.

lol as if

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2934
Original post by Dr.Ugs

Lol it'll be crazy.. I hate when I get UCAS newsletters though.. they're the worst
Applying to so many jobs right now lol
Reply 2936
Original post by raveen789
Applying to so many jobs right now lol

20 a day should do the job :wink: check out apprenticeships based on wards too. I was offered a job as an apprentice clerical officer but the wages were way too low (£99 a week) but it gets you into the NHS so you can then apply for classified jobs :smile: (see it as a last resort though, I have a friend who's doing something similar and she says it's like college, you have to hand work in and stuff lol)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2937
Original post by Chi-
Ah right,
well thats good to hear then, did you get the job after many interviews or like in one application?

I applied to a few HCA jobs on the NHS jobs webpage. Then had basic English and maths tests then was invited for interview day. There was written test, group discussion and then interview. It was the first interview I had and found I got it a couple of days later! But after that the starting process took ages! Are you interested in being a HCA during gap?
Reply 2938
Original post by Siani94
I applied to a few HCA jobs on the NHS jobs webpage. Then had basic English and maths tests then was invited for interview day. There was written test, group discussion and then interview. It was the first interview I had and found I got it a couple of days later! But after that the starting process took ages! Are you interested in being a HCA during gap?

Yeah its definitely something im interested in but im not 18 yet, im going to take a phlebotomy course too, hopefully that will be interesting and will increase my chances. It will be good to earn some money and gain work experience at the same time and to make good use of time.
Are you interested in travelling? and what unis did you apply to? :smile:
I'm self teaching myself further pure maths 1 and perhaps 2 during my gap year and hopefully will be able to study it while working.

I wish I could somehow study mathematics and medicine as a degree, that'll be awesome!! :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending